Rider509 First Grow - Indoor Soil - White Widow Journal - 2017

I have a Galaxy 4x8 coming! Sending the Gorilla 4x4 back, but I'm keeping the Galaxy 4x4 I'm growing in now.

How do the Galaxy and Gorilla compare price wise?

Sure do like the way your plants are shaping up. Gonna be an awesome grow.

How do the Galaxy and Gorilla compare price wise?

How's this? :)

gorillaVgalaxy_fw.png

I am so cramped in the 4x4! The RDWC is coming along well with impressive root growth, and the White Widow is going to need more space. The wife will throw a freaking fit if she comes home and there's a 4x8 tent in the spare bedroom. I'm so screwed.

IMG_99264.JPG
IMG_99255.JPG

Give her a 4x8 for a Valantines day present. Then borrow it.

I'll be sure to name you as next of grow-kin in my will. :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey awesome journal I was very entertained reading it so far especially the grow tent disguise and the wife getting a 4x8 for Valentine's day that was hilarious. I'm on my third grow and i started off with just a 4x4 space in my basement than I had success with fox farms soil and nutes and had to expand to a bedroom also check out my journal bt I'm definitely subbed!!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So... you read and read, and then read some more and you think you've got this growing thing figured out and you're feeling pretty good about yourself. You're struttin' around the house with your chest puffed out, shaking your tail feathers, and crowing, "I'M THE KING OF THE CROP!"

And then it hits you.. and it's so obvious that it leaves you wondering if maybe you've suffered severe synaptic terminal degradation due to hanging out with Sailor Jerry, Cap't Morgan, and Admiral Nelson. Naaah, that can't be it, right? Those guys are your FRIENDS! Too much CO2 being pumped into the room? Early onset dementia? Regardless the cause of the brain damage, you have to admit that you've missed a glaringly obvious truth.

A ScrOG'ed plant is a stationary plant! GAAAAAH! No more carrying your plants to the walk-in shower for feedings, flushing, or just to be surrounded by love while you scrub the dirt from under your nails. NOT a minor oversight, OK? So now what, brainiac? Maybe slip a big tray under the pots with a drain tube through the floor into the dining room below? The wife might frown on that. Besides, unless you're willing to unscrog your plants THEY AREN'T MOVING! And you can't get a tray under them without mastering the art of telekinetic levitation.

But then you remind yourself that you caught this problem early and unscrogging at this point really isn't an issue. You ARE a brainiac after all!

"I'M THE KING OF THE CROP AGAIN!"

I needed more room for the White Widow so I moved the Gold Leaf RDWC to an elevated shelf in the back of the tent. Tons more room to work with now as I try to ScrOG the WW. I'm thinking that I might have to raise my screen before this is over.

IMG_99372.JPG
IMG_99422.JPG

Too bad you can't just fire up the TARDIS and jump forward a few weeks! Nice Scrog. Have you made the flip yet? If so how long ago?

Since this is an autoflower I'm going to flower it out at 18/6. I've read many times that Autos are going to do their thing regardless the light. I guess we'll see! I did make the switch to HPS on Feb 01, and I eased into flower nutes the last time I watered. I've got the Gold Leaf photoperiod vegging in the same tent so I don't want to whack it out by going 12/12.

These plants are squatty and dense little beasts. I'm wondering if defoliating is in order? I've read the defoliation thread and it makes sense, but part of me is thinking that after topping and LSTing and ScrOGing my first grow I'm just lucky it's still alive. Do I want to risk defoliation too?

part of me is thinking that after topping and LSTing and ScrOGing my first grow I'm just lucky it's still alive. Do I want to risk defoliation too?

Hahahaha...thats exactly my dilemma too. I'm on the other oar buddy.

I defoliated with extreme prejudice. Might as well have all of my fun with this first grow. Might yet get a chance to supercrop! LOL.
So what other ways can we torture these plants? Might as well try those too! :)

Ha! If it topped these once more and they survived I'd have to move them to a bigger space!

I cleared out the undergrowth and removed a lot of big fan leaves that were blocking light from bud nodes. We'll see how it goes in the next week or two.

420-magazine-mobile134264225.jpg

420-magazine-mobile760661651.jpg

Back
Top Bottom