Rider509 First Grow - Indoor Soil - White Widow Journal - 2017

Holy shit Rider, do those ever look decent. Thats doin something right.

Lets have a look at your CO2 setup. Put me to school on how it operates. I'd like to incorporate CO2 into my next grow.

Holy shit Rider, do those ever look decent. Thats doin something right.

Lets have a look at your CO2 setup. Put me to school on how it operates. I'd like to incorporate CO2 into my next grow.

My setup is a cobbled together mess, but it works. I use a thermostat that opens a relay below 82F, the controller has a light sensor that opens a relay when it's dark, and a CO2 sensor set to maintain CO2 between 1400 and 1500ppm via a solenoid valve. It's a set and forget system. It won't operate when the lights are out or the temp drops below 82F. The CO2 is delivered in front of a fan that blows up into the underside of the plants. I keep my exhaust fan running just enough to maintain a negative pressure in the tent for odor and temp control.

If the CO2 controller senses CO2 below the set point but the temp in the tent is below 82F then the gas solenoid is defeated.

This is the heart of the system:
CO2Meter RAD-0501 Day Night CO2 Monitor and Controller for Greenhouses, Grey

That s a pretty simple set up. I thought CO2 would be more complicated. What the thinking behind not introducing CO2 below 82 degrees and how long does a tank last you?

Day 37ish Update
I've heavily defol'd three times but you can see it needs to be thinned out again.

IMG_0019230.JPG

Holy cow, that's just three plants, right? Nicely done! They will knock your socks off.

What's the thinking behind not introducing CO2 below 82 degrees and how long does a tank last you?

Haha, nothing scientific involved in the 82F decision. It's a completely arbitrary number. I've adjusted the air exchange to keep my tent in the mid-80Fs. The only time the temp drops below 82 is when I'm working in it! :)
By my calculations a 20lb cylinder should last me about two months.

Holy cow, that's just three plants, right? Nicely done! They will knock your socks off.

Thanks, Regnad! Yep, three plants in a 44"x22" scrog. I started LST early and it was still a battle to keep them level across the screen. But they won't knock MY socks off cuz I don't smoke! :) This is just something I've wanted to do since I was a kid (back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth). One of the wonderful things about ADD is that when you latch onto a project it consumes your every waking thought. That's also the bad thing about ADD! I don't even know what I'm going to do with the end product. I have yet to research state law to see if I can give it away or donate it.

Still kicking my size 10 Danners! I've been running amok all over the forum, just not here. The Siberian ThunderCat outdoor grow has kept me occupied since everything in the tent is just cruising along all fat and happy. :)

I am starting to see some stretch now so maybe I'll get a pic for posterity and post it up. In the meantime I've been getting the 6x8 tent set up and ordering everything I need for the 8 CXB3590 light system build.

Day 50 Update, counting from when the seeds popped above soil. Everybody is healthy and happy with bud sites going crazy. I'm starting to see some stretch, especially on the plant near the end of the light coverage. One 600W HPS isn't enough for a four foot wide grow. Two 400W lights side by side would be even better than a 1000W system for even coverage and pounding the PAR. Even better will be my custom eight COB 600W CXB3590 system, but that's a different story.

Topping and training, and genetics, has kept the canopy low. My screen is just 6" off the soil and the plants are now 12" to the top of the flowers. There are so many viable bud sites! If even half of them grow decent buds I'm going to have a good first grow. Haha, if they live to the finish I'll consider it a good first grow!

IMG_012754.JPG

Good healthy plants with stems about as thick as a thumb.
IMG_012661.JPG

Nice even canopy so everybody gets to share in the light.
IMG_011165.JPG

Potential buds everywhere! Woo Hoo! Now I just gotta try to not do something stupid!
IMG_011759.JPG

This has been fun. Once the White Widow finishes then I'll be able to flip the Gold Leaf that's in the RDWC. Those two girls are going to have fat bottoms and will have the 4x4 tent almost all to themselves, depending on what I do with the clones. I'm bringing the 6x8 tent on line so I'll have options, cuz with all that's happening in the tent now it has become a little overwhelming. I NEED A VACATION! Bwahahahaha. :)

Thats a ton of buds Rider. Hope they fill out nicely for you. i'm less optimistic about my grow but it certainly has been a fun experience with much learned through the course of it.

OK, so I'm convinced that the girls know that I plan to murder them and are starting a rebellion. They've been all too happy eating my food, drinking my water, and basking in my light. And now? Ingrates! WHAT. THE. HELL!

I fed them pH6.5 water (no nutes) this morning before work and this is what I came home to. Two of them are acting all morose like they just figured out my ultimate goal, while the middle one likely thinks that if she just keeps growing and making me happy that she won't suffer the blade.

They've always been different looking but generally happy. Not sure what to do but wait it out and see what tomorrow brings.

pano1.JPG

Whoa, no even sure what to say man. Wish I could offer some help but I don't have a clue. Any chance they're just over watered? Weird how its just the outside 2 plants. Hope they show some improvement for you today.

Hey where did you get those white hook things?

I have been thinking about getting a second tent, the Gorilla Ones do look really nice, but so do Vivosun.

We have a Vivosun. We like it. Zippers are sturdy, Velcro is well sewn. Very minimal (tiny dots) light leak where zippers connect or around some sew holes. We used black nail polish to cover them. No complaints.

Heard great things about Gorilla, but just couldn't justify that kind of $$$ right now.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

We have a Vivosun. We like it. Zippers are sturdy, Velcro is well sewn. Very minimal (tiny dots) light leak where zippers connect or around some sew holes. We used black nail polish to cover them. No complaints.

Heard great things about Gorilla, but just couldn't justify that kind of $$$ right now.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I have a vivosun tent also and I highly recommend it for the price and quality. Can't see it getting much better honestly

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom