SHRuuM's 2nd Journal - Skunk - Morpheus - Early Miss - Trainwreck - NL - Etc

Just beautiful brother..see u got it down..!!
:thumb:gonna be a sweet grow..
UPDATE TIME:cheer:

This weekend was a labor of luv transplanting, mixing soil and nutes and lastly my favorite part, tying down the girls for love.:love: The reason I like the coffee containers is evident in the transplant. Although you can go straight from the cup to the big pots, I like the extra step since I'm more interested in root growth and not plant growth during the veg time. Putting them in a small pot bind and adding RapidRoot Starter makes for rapid root growth.:slide:
The soil formula I used is:
3 gal. of Happy Frog
1 gal. of coco
1 gal. of perlite
2 cups of worm castings
2/3 cup of lime
1TBSP of polymers

So here we go with washed geolight in the bottom of the pot, but rocks are also acceptable.....
geolight.jpg

Then place a little soil on the bottom of the pot.
placement.jpg

Then fill in the gaps
fill1.jpg

After that, gently remove the coffee pot and roll the coffee pot in your hand to separate the soil from the pot, take the bottom off, and drop it in the hole. It might need a gentle push from the top to get things going, but most of all the coffee pot MUST be dry or it will not drop into place.:cheesygrinsmiley: I also put a pyramid of soil in the middle of the whole so when the pot drops in the hole the soil and roots are disturbed which will act as an aerator and activator for root growth.
plops_in_hole.jpg

After that top of the soil, trim the leaves and tie her down.:drool:
tied_down1.jpg

Here's GCF1
GCF1_11-6-16.jpg

GCF2
GCF2_11-6-16.jpg

EMA1
EMA1_11-6-16.jpg

EMA2
EMA2_11-6-16.jpg

and the queen who revealed herself as an auto from last harvest, Northern Light officially auto
NLA_11-6-16.jpg

the next grow family ready in their tent. The back row is all GCF and the front row from right to left is Ms. Sickly GCF, EMA 1and 2 and far left NLA
2nd_grow_family.jpg

As a last step the girls were all treated to 4 cups of nutes poured only around the edges to promote root stretching. They received the formula of:
1ml of RapidRoot Starter :morenutes:
5ml of B-1 vitamins
5ml of Silicone
5ml of Cal-mag
6 tsp of Big Bloom
3 tsp of Grow Big
all to 1 gallon of water corrected to 6.25

So that's what I did this weekend. Although it was a LOT of work, and a labor of love, I'm sure the girls will reward me come harvest time.:Namaste: Stay tooned for the progress of this batch of lovelies.:thanks:

Hey there Shruum, glad to see thing are still rolling along nicely over here. I haven't been around for a bit so there was some catching up to do here and seen some big changes, great job! Transplanting seemed to have gone pretty smoothly for you and the trimming looks good, here's to hoping they start popping up soem nice big buds for ya :)

I noticed you used some string to do your LST to the plants, are they tied tight directly to the shoots? You did an awesome job doing so I just have 1 concern if they are tied snug.. As the plant grows the shoots will thicken up as well, is these strings are tied then it will start to restrict flow inside the shoots and could damage your plants. Some thin garden wire is a great thing to find! I found some at the dollar store lol, any store with a garden section should have it, then you can form a cane shaped support or whatever you find works best. Just a suggestion for ya my friend, keep up the good work.

Hey there Shruum, glad to see thing are still rolling along nicely over here. I haven't been around for a bit so there was some catching up to do here and seen some big changes, great job! Transplanting seemed to have gone pretty smoothly for you and the trimming looks good, here's to hoping they start popping up soem nice big buds for ya :)

I noticed you used some string to do your LST to the plants, are they tied tight directly to the shoots? You did an awesome job doing so I just have 1 concern if they are tied snug.. As the plant grows the shoots will thicken up as well, is these strings are tied then it will start to restrict flow inside the shoots and could damage your plants. Some thin garden wire is a great thing to find! I found some at the dollar store lol, any store with a garden section should have it, then you can form a cane shaped support or whatever you find works best. Just a suggestion for ya my friend, keep up the good work.

Hey dick, glad you're back!:yahoo: Yeah I tied the string directly to the stems but very loosely. Also the string is a big, thick, loosely woven string that I've used many times before with no ill effects, which can be loosened with ease. Thanks for the info though, keep on truckin' and good luck on your grow. Sorry about the TrainWreck though, ca-ca happens sometimes.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::3

WEEKLY UPDATE- DAY 42

Today the girls got their first drink of nutes since last Saturday, and they were quite thirsty. The formula is the same as before with the same 4 cups to each plant. They also received a trimming and more tightening of the strings and wires. I thought I heard one of them say, "beat me, whip me, make me write bad checks, call me Edna".:rofl: Ah the sadistic side comes out in me on times like these.:cheesygrinsmiley: The lights are in 18/6 hour veg mode and the temps remain the same between 75 and 80 degrees with the humidity ranging from 45% to 55%. Anyways here's this weeks pics, starting with the GCF Ms. Sickly.
Ms_Sickly_GCF_11-12-16.jpg

GCF#2
GCF2_11-12-16.jpg

GCF#3
GCF3_11-12-16.jpg

GCF#4
GCF4_11-12-16.jpg

GCF#5
GCF5_11-12-16.jpg

These are all the photo sensitive plants and now the autos, with EMA#1 up first
EMA_1_11-12-16.jpg

EMA#2
EMA_2_11-12-16.jpg

And last but not least the bell of the ball of the grow, the NLA seed from last harvest Ms. Queeny:cheer:
NLA_aka_Queeny_11-12-16.jpg

She was the first to start budding out and the EMA's are starting to bud as well. Its hard to believe that they are only 42 days old from seed soak or 40 days from the time they were put in cups, amazing, thanks CK.:high-five:

Hey dick, glad you're back!:yahoo: Yeah I tied the string directly to the stems but very loosely. Also the string is a big, thick, loosely woven string that I've used many times before with no ill effects, which can be loosened with ease. Thanks for the info though, keep on truckin' and good luck on your grow. Sorry about the TrainWreck though, ca-ca happens sometimes.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::3

Oh I'm happy to be back, getting things back on track now. Good good, I just didn't want to see something happen due to them being tied to tight, good call. Plants don't seem to have minded their haircuts to much either, gotta like that. Keep up the good work :)

No worries about the TW, it wasn't near the loss that the Hash Plant or Dutch Treat was, that sucked.. But it is what it is, we all lose some once in a while. Going back to hempys should help me out a lot :)

**UPDATE WEEK 6, DAY 49**

This week's update is still about growing the roots. Growth will come later when they get a little bigger and I quit messing with them.:rofl: After clipping the girls and tightening up the bondages,:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley: I fed them 4 cups of nutes with a slight change to their formula. The girls received:

1 ml of RapidRoot Starter
5ml of Cal-Mag
5ml of Thrive Alive B-1 vitamins
3tsp of Big Bloom
2tsp of Grow Big\2tsp of Tiger Bloom
all to 1 gallon of water corrected PH of 6.25

This first shot of the 5 photos shows pretty much what they looked like before they got a hair cut and all the rest are after their clippings. This is GCF#1
GCF_before_11-19-16.jpg

This is GCF#2
GCF_11-19-16.jpg

GCF#3
GCF3_11-19-16.jpg

GCF#4
GCF4_11-19-16.jpg

GCF#5 aka Ms. Sickly
GCF5_aka_Ms_Sickly.jpg

And now the autos starting with the EMA#1 which started budding last week
EMA_1_11-19-16.jpg

And EMA#2 which started budding this week
EMA_2_11-19-16.jpg

The Queen of the May Ms. Queeny whose doing quite fine. She started budding from jump street 3 weeks ago
NLA_aka_Ms_Queeny_11-19-16.jpg

That's it for this week's update. Since the autos will come off line at least a month before photos, I'll keep 'em at 18/6 light cycle for at least till the end of the month if not a week or two longer depending on how they progress, so stay tooned for more updates later this week.::popcorn::nomo::thanks:

looking good shruum, everyone's flowering now. your training look excellent. good job. I figured I'd stop by your garden first since you made a big stink about my absence. :rofl: just kidding. But you do get the honour of first post, always a pleasure to see some green being grown. Thanks shruum

KiG :green_heart:cheers

ALL LOOKING SOON GREAT..
MORE NICE WORK..
THINK U DESERVE SOME REPS BROTHER
Well deserved. .

looking good shruum, everyone's flowering now. your training look excellent. good job. I figured I'd stop by your garden first since you made a big stink about my absence. :rofl: just kidding. But you do get the honour of first post, always a pleasure to see some green being grown. Thanks shruum

Thanks for dropping by Snid, I was beginning to think I torqued you off with the Unca Snid thing.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley: You do know that the converted grow closet was named the Sneaky Snid Memorial Nursery right?:laugh::passitleft: I know you're not dead, its just The Sneaky Snid Memorable Nursery just didn't have that ZING!! :Namaste:

A true honour you've bestowed upon me Shruum, thank you. The Sneaky Snid Memorial Nursery is a fantastic concept, and it is very humbling. :rofl: who would have imagined that, not in a million years, Stinky Snid's wild 420 adventure continues... Keep up the spot on work, I'll be lurking a little more nowadays.

The Sneaky Snid Memorial Nursery

For those of you that have just joined in I'd like to show you the Sneaky Snid Memorial Nursery, so named in honor of an idea that I got from Snid and did a little embellishments to. The closet was originally a grow room for starter plants in February to be placed outside in May. When I fell upon the 420 Magazine and started reading about a total indoor grow I figured why not? I soon ran into a heating problem with my 400w HPS that I couldn't overcome no matter how much fresh air I brought in. So I bought a tent and went on from there. Now I had a closet sitting idle.:hmmmm: I was watching Old School and Snid's journals, when I ran across Snid's nursery and figured, turn the closet into a starter nursery and supply hutch. And here's the results from that idea.
This first shot shows the upper 2 shelves which have the 2 bulb Sunburst light below for the seedlings in the cups right after germination and above the 4 bulb Sunburst lamp when they graduated to the coffee containers.
Sneaky_Snid_lights.jpg

Up in the ceiling is the CO2 lines and rigging for the Sunburst 4 bulb.
SS_nursery_s_CO2.jpg

This is the CO2 monitor that turns on and off the CO2
SS_Nursery_s_CO2_monitor.jpg

4" intake fan located at the bottom of closet for outside air, provides cool air for the ducting directed above.
SS_Nursery_s_air_supply.jpg

The metal shelving was the idea I got from Snid, which would also take care of the supply problem I had with wifey because the grow supplies were taking up too much room in the food pantry. Need more room for food!!:rofl: Lower right next to the red cups shows the gauges for the CO2 tank that I disconnect every time I shut down the nursery.
SS_Nursery_s_supplies.jpg

So there you have it boys and girls, a great idea started by Snid and embellished by moi, and I thought why not give credit where credit is due? :Namaste: And that's how the closet became the new and improved
Sneaky Snid's Memorial Nursery:cheer::high-five::thanks:

Now back to your regularly scheduled programs.:rofl:

Hey Shruum, nice going with the organizing, you're ahead of the game for sure. As I read the title "Sneaky Snid's Memorial Nursery" I couldn't help but get the goosebumps, cause "Memorial" means in memory of. That is kinda shocking, how about "Honorary" instead? I know you have super awesome intentions so I thought maybe just a different way to look at it. Maybe I'm just being superstitious...of course it's your journal, your decision and you're doing a great job. Thanks for listening. ;)

Hey Shruum, nice going with the organizing, you're ahead of the game for sure. As I read the title "Sneaky Snid's Memorial Nursery" I couldn't help but get the goosebumps, cause "Memorial" means in memory of. That is kinda shocking, how about "Honorary" instead? I know you have super awesome intentions so I thought maybe just a different way to look at it. Maybe I'm just being superstitious...of course it's your journal, your decision and you're doing a great job. Thanks for listening. ;)

Yeah I know Snid's not dead, but like I explained before, Memorable or Honorary in the title just didn't have that ZING!:rofl::laughtwo::)

Fair enough, again your gift to give. I digress, thanks for not throwing your shoe at me. But if you throw shrum at me I promise not to run.
Last try - Stinky Snid's Chronic Care Nursery? hahahaha :lot-o-toke::peacetwo:

Well I did change the name to Sneaky instead of Stinky and Memorial will just means that it will live on and on.:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom