SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkstar

Re: SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkst

The Blue Dream looks like she's trying to find a way back to the heavens. :laughtwo:

Excellent smoke report on the Dark Star. I'll keep dosing of indicas in mind. I'm going to be using them for sleep meds exclusively though. Last night I discovered I have to set everything else aside and focus on the dosing or I get lost in the threads and don't get enough into the system to have an appreciable effect. Too easily distracted. It's that "muppet on crack" affectation. Lol!

When I did focus, six teeny hits of the Pure Kush and it knocked me out. Maybe there's hope for me yet, eh mi amigo?

It's satisfying seeing the Critical Cures grown all the way out. Takes some of the sting out of it. :battingeyelashes: When Cajun recommended it to me it was on a morning he'd vaped some and had almost immediate relief from PTSD symptoms and pain but absolutely no euphoria. I've found no euphoric effect that registers in my overloaded system. I'll be interested in hearing how you react to it. It's the Critical Cure that I used to make my capsules.

Feel better. I insist. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Re: SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkst

Spacef, thanks for your additional information on judging trichomes and macro photo techniques. The extension tube idea is a good one for a less expensive option than a $900 lens. I'll have to get one coupled to the camera thru lens light meter, though. I don't mind manual focus, which is almost a requirement for macro work anyway due to the shallow depth of field. I understand why you use such a stopped down aperture as f22, given that you really can't see to focus, but I start to worry about defraction after about f8 or f11. Not that it really matters that much; after all, we're just trying to decide when to chop here. But another part of me is seeing beautiful shots of a forest of trichomes at maximum sharpness. Oh, who am I kidding, I'll have that macro lens in my hands before I know it!

Thanks again, and I'll answer you PM tonight when I have something better to type on than my iPhone.

Sue, that's another reason I haven't sampled the CC plants yet. Without any appreciable psychoactive effect, why bother until I'm ready for the meds! . And it sounds like you have the insomnia dosing figured out... Just take hits 'til you drop! . Not convinced that you need to, though. The night owl thing seems to suit you. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

Beautiful, ST! They all look top notch! :bravo:

Wish I had found your thread earlier. Our first HB grows are the same age. My seed sprouted February 23rd.

What an awesome grow room and plants you have. Just spent the last couple hours reading every single post.

I'm subbed! Hope you keep this journal alive for at least one more grow. :goodjob:

Beautiful, ST! They all look top notch! :bravo:

Hi there, Major. Thanks for the complement! And let me apologize to all of you for my slow reply. Sometimes life has a way of intervening. And I occasionally need a bit of a break. Those two have combined with a 10 day break from the action here. So I have some catching up to do.

Wish I had found your thread earlier. Our first HB grows are the same age. My seed sprouted February 23rd.

What an awesome grow room and plants you have. Just spent the last couple hours reading every single post.

I'm subbed! Hope you keep this journal alive for at least one more grow. :goodjob:

Thanks, Mason! I appreciate your sharing your thoughts. And I will definitely keep this journal going at least until I decide to change strains. What I am growing now are good choices for my medicinal needs, so I'll go at least two more cycles with these strains. And the Blue Dream strain is growing so well, I may have to make it a semi-permanent strain that I grow. I'm sure at some point I'll need a little variation, though. But not for a little while.

Slow, i hope its ok to spread more HB love :circle-of-love:
Duggans new journal :)

Duggan Does Lilly & Laniakea With DBHBB - One Kit - Two Pots - Four Plants

:thanks:

Excellent news, Ziggy! I love Duggan's journals, and will enjoy this one, i'm sure!

Day 140/Flip + 70

Well, I'm finally back for an update with my Cancer Killer grow. The above dates are as of last Saturday when I took most of the pictures below. On the Saturday before July 4th, I went ahead and chopped one of my Darkstar plants, DS#4. They were getting close, and I wanted the produce for the holiday, so I figured I'd go ahead and harvest the one plant. Here are a few pictures I posted on Shiggity's July 4th Smokeathon thread of the harvest:

untitled-4491.jpg

untitled-4499.jpg

untitled-4506.jpg

After drying, the weight came in at 4.25 oz. for that plant. Not too bad a yield! It has me optimistic for a solid yield for the entire grow.

So this last Saturday, after consulting the modern oracle of my mini-microscope, I was seeing enough amber to go ahead and harvest the other Darkstar plant and all three of the Critical Cure plants. But first a few pictures to document the plants before chop.

First an overall shot.

untitled-4530.jpg

And Darkstar and then the Critical Cure girls:

untitled-4532.jpg

untitled-4533.jpg

And the Blue Dream ladies:

untitled-4535.jpg

untitled-4536.jpg

untitled-4537.jpg

The buds are coming along nicely. The first picture shows CC buds on the left, and BD buds on the right:

untitled-4542.jpg

And close ups of a CC bud and then a BD bud:

untitled-4541.jpg

untitled-4538.jpg

And here is a close up of one of the big Blue Dream Colas. Man, that's a pretty bud!

untitled-4539.jpg

So that's how everything looked first thing Saturday morning. After that it was time to start chopping, with the remaining Darkstar plant and all of the Critical Cure plants on the block. The Blue Dream girls need a little more time. No amber trichs at all, and the pistils have a ways to go. I'll reassess this weekend, but they will likely need another week after that. But that's ok. I have had my hands full with processing all the other plants. Trimming plants is not fun, even with leaving most of the sugar leaves on the plants it still took a ton of time. Wet weights were coming in at between 500g and 680g per plant. The 680g one was one of the Critical Cure plants, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that one produce over 5 oz. when dry. Sue, it's a shame you had to pull yours early. I would have like to have seen how my best CC plant stacked up against yours. Will have to save that for another time.

Processing four plants took enough out to me that I didn't take any pictures during the process, but here's a shot of all the plants drying in a spare bathroom. I have four 5 ft. long wires strung in the tub area, and it took pretty much all of it for the plants. That's 20 linear feet of produce drying there.

untitled-4544.jpg

And now we're down to the three Blue Dream plants.

untitled-4548.jpg

Thanks for dropping by! This coming weekend, if nothing else, I'll at least give an update on the yield from last Saturday's chop. Take care, everyone!

Beautiful, ST! Chop +reps!

Beautiful, ST! Chop +reps!

Ditto! :bravo: Helluva HB haul!!

+reps!

Thanks, guys! I appreciate all the complements and reps. Can never get too much of either!

My formula: AdvancedLED lighting + High Brix soil amendments = A rep magnet!

Is it too early to drag out the fat cat puffing on a stogy emoji? I think not! :blunt::slide::blunt:

Mi amigo..... I cried. Tears of joy and appreciation to the universe that you got to harvest. I'm overwhelmed.

Sue, thank you so much for all your support and encouragement throughout my grow. It's been a lot of work. But a lot of fun also, sharing this experience with everyone. Thank you all for help and encouragement!

I have a busy day, today. Cajun, I'm starting to see some Amber trichs on the Blue Dream plants. So I'll jar the dried bud from last week's harvest and then chop the BD plants. I'll see you after the chores with some pics and totals.

Thanks, guys! I appreciate all the complements and reps. Can never get too much of either!

My formula: AdvancedLED lighting + High Brix soil amendments = A rep magnet!

Is it too early to drag out the fat cat puffing on a stogy emoji? I think not! :blunt::slide::blunt:

Excellent harvest SlowToke. What a grow!

:welldone:

Looking forward to those pictures. That was good timing on Cajun's part. Good job Mon Ami, wherever you are. :high-five:

Excellent harvest SlowToke. What a grow!

:welldone:

Thanks, Jim! Things did go pretty well, didn't they? Factoring 20% of the wet weight from the Blue Dream girls, I should be looking at a little over a dry weight of 2 lbs. for the harvest, averaging right at 4 zips per plant. I'll take it! :thumb:

Looking forward to those pictures. That was good timing on Cajun's part. Good job Mon Ami, wherever you are. :high-five:

Yes, Cajun was Johnny on the spot with that good input! I was totally fooled by all the new pistils coming up everywhere. But looking through the scope, I had about 10% amber. So they came down. A few pics to follow shortly.

Day 147/Flip + 77

This will be more of a final chop wrap up. All I had left were the three sativa dom. Blue Dream girls left standing on Saturday morning. But before they could come down I had to remove the buds from the stems on the Critical Cure plants and the last Darkstar plant, as well as take the final weight. Here's the final weight of those plants:

- DS#2 - 4.97 oz.
- CC#1 - 4.23 oz.
- CC#2 - 3.88 oz.
- CC#3 - 4.30 oz.

And a picture of the 4.97 oz. Critical Cure plant after coming down off the drying line:

untitled-4551.jpg

The Blue Dream girls came it a little heavier. The heaviest of course is the cola monster, BD#1, at 703g. With BD#2 being the lightest at 488g. I'm projecting 5 oz. from BD1. The colas look even bigger off the plant. Here are some pictures of BD1.

untitled-4554.jpg

untitled-4558.jpg

That longest cola is about 25" long. I can't wait to give this one a try, but am going to wait at least until dry before I sample this one. I really should cure for a week after drying before sampling. It deserves the respect.

Next step in the Cancer Killer grow saga is to move the clones from the veg tent to the bloom tray. I'll probably do that over the next couple of days, and be ready for an update on Saturday, along with the final dry weight on the Blue Dream plans.

Thanks everyone! I hope you all have a good week!

Back
Top Bottom