Some Classic Favorites & Other Things In Soil

DSC_09257.JPG

I love this stage. They look like tiny birds in flight. :laughtwo: Off to a great start Jim. I just remembered I have a seed I was supposed to check today. :oops:

Let me go take care of that. See you tomorrow/later today. :hug: :love:

Thanks for starting another ASD MJ! What happened to the first one? :thanks:

Hi doc. I'm not really sure. Most likely it was my bad. Oh, I hate to make admissions like that.

Started in jiffy pellets and I was anxious to get them in my new mix. ASD was very last of 4 to break the surface and since all 4 were going I rushed to bury them in the 1 gallons. Only one of first to begin life had a root visible on the outside of the pellet. Probably the Panama.

Anyway, ASD had some seed helmet issue and once that was gone looked like the cotyledons were stuck together. I sprayed a stream of water at the cots and the following day it began losing color. Next day brown. Tap root was there but drying. I had to make one of those silly management decisions to replace her.

That's my story doc.

Wake and Bake is my last harvested White Widow. It's a notch or two better than the first run. Oh my and I need to go to church this morning. :bongrip:

Wake and Bake is my last harvested White Widow. It's a notch or two better than the first run. Oh my and I need to go to church this morning. :bongrip:

Imagine how many more people would go to church if the communion wafers were made with cannabutter.

Thanks for the background MJ. I can tell you that you're planting to close to the surface of the soul just by looking. I used to have every other seed come up with a helmet. Try going 3/4 of an inch down and give em a pat after filling the whole. It takes 2-5 days to break ground but I haven't had a helmet for well over a year ;).

Think I told you before I had to quit organized religion due to the hypocritical zealots that subscribe to the organization. I decided to go straight to the source. It does give me encouragement to know that there still may be hope for them yet lol! :love:

Thanks for the background MJ. I can tell you that you're planting to close to the surface of the soul just by looking. I used to have every other seed come up with a helmet. Try going 3/4 of an inch down and give em a pat after filling the whole. It takes 2-5 days to break ground but I haven't had a helmet for well over a year ;).

Think I told you before I had to quit organized religion due to the hypocritical zealots that subscribe to the organization. I decided to go straight to the source. It does give me encouragement to know that there still may be hope for them yet lol! :love:

You are right on Doc. No doubt the seed is not having to grow through much peat. I guess I better own that.

The good news is I felt guilty about the ASD baby that I mixed some aloe with water and sprayed streams of aloe water on her. Just enough to wet that glob of helmet and immature growth. So....the helmet is still stuck :rofl: I can deal with a helmet that's under the cotyledon now. Too phuckin phunny :rofl:

Amherst Sour Diesel - Day 1

DSC_094112.JPG

Here's the whole crew

DSC_094911.JPG

Just plain lucky on the Environment front

DSC_095019.JPG

So my Wake and Bake :bongrip: was White Widow. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Have a great day folks.

You invited me over and I accepted! Yes my friend we do have a lot in common. I too am retired and stay high all day, every day. I'll sit back and absorb. Again thanks for the invite, I'm starting to feel at home .....:volcano-smiley:

Yes. This is a great community. People are very helpful here and one can get to see quite a few interesting grows and different strains. :high-five:

Spent the last hour or two reading your Magic or Mayhem. Nice, very nice. I had no idea about the clones going into flower so soon. I haven't finished with it all, just became lost and found myself drooling :goodjob: If I can get away from your and Sue's journal I may find the correct way to start mine. Wish me luck.....

Hey Rooster, there is no correct way , only your way!:thumb::high-five:

Welcome little one. :battingeyelashes: :love:

DSC_094112.JPG

I'm glad you helped it along Jim. I usually drip water on them and then pry the seed off with a couple toothpicks. They're more resilient than we give them credit for. Having said that, I've also snapped one right off, so caution is the watchword.

I like drcannabi's idea of planting 3/4" deep and giving a secure pat afterwards. I've had too many come up with the shell hanging on.

Got to make sure you give them 2 TBS of H2O a couple times a day ;) I go deeper than most. My last round I planted all of them at 5/8" - 3/4" deep and all 12 were extremely healthy. For some reason when they have to fight to break top soil, they really come up healthy and ready to grow. I only know this works with peat based medium YMMV. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom