Somehow it's Working - Soil, Sun & CFL's

Yup...they aren't THAT fragile I don't think. Especially if they get signifigant outside time. A one time or occasional bit of extra dark or light won't do anything at all....hahahaha never has for mine anyway. I'm always plus or minus an hour or so....no worries

How's your grow coming along Chopper? You must be real near harvest yes?

Wow! great looking ladies you have, cant believe it took me so long to wonder on over here! Definitly wouldn't worry about the 3 extra hours of light (unless you start making a habit of it :) ).

It's like Christmas here today... I got a plain envelope in the mail from the UK, it's been about 10 days since I ordered. Can't beat that, now I just have to hope the seeds germinate.

I doubt that all of them will, especially since I was 1 for 30 on my last go-round. To be fair I don't think most of those seeds were mature. For my original grow 21 of 24 came up.

It funny when the seeds are free it's no big deal but when you know they're primo seeds that you paid good money for it's a different story. These cost about $8.50 each averaged out.

I've got WW, AK-48 & Bubblicious from Nirvana. Red Diesel, ell ess dee & Acapulco Gold from Barney's Farm (I love that name). Arjan's Haze #1, SLH & the Bubba Kush from Green House.

I now hope the plant I started last month is a male. I'd love to knock up a bud from every one of these girls that I can and get some hybrid seeds. I'm growing the hempy style with OC+ and cfl's.

My plan is to run 3 plants at a time. Please let me know if you've had good luck with a germination method, and also any thoughts on what I should grow first. I'd like to have them all finish around the same time. I'm keeping them short with no veg period and lst as needed. I'm very anxious to get started.

Since the name of one of my strains is not allowed on the board, I'm going to call it Leary, after Timothy Leary.

The specs from the web sites say the following about flowering time in weeks:

AK-48 7-9
BK, Leary 9
Bubblegum, WW 8-10
SLH 9-10
A Gold, Red D 10-11
Ultra Haze 13

Going by that, I'd have my parings already.

First grow BK, Leary, AK-48

Second grow Bubblegum, WW, SLH

Third grow Acapulco Gold, Red Diesel and Arjan's Ultra Haze #1.

Assuming all the seeds come up that is.

I was so excited about the seeds I almost forgot that this is day 91, 14 full weeks, for the girls that will never finish. I've moved them inside and upstairs. I've moved most of the lights but have to totally redesign my rack to support the lights overhead. It's gotta be close to 80 under the lights, humidity about 60%. They should be happy, now if they'd just turn amber for me.

I'm wondering if instead of being in her death throes, B5 is purpling in reaction to the cold weather. Most of her leaves are purple now. We'll see. She's been sickly for a while and I don't think the color looks healthy but what do I know.... not very much.

This is also day 30 for my hempy plant... it's still very small but I had just let it chill in a small pot of soil and perlite. It didn't get much sun. I think it'll start taking off real soon when the roots hit the reservoir.

Wow! great looking ladies you have, cant believe it took me so long to wonder on over here! Definitly wouldn't worry about the 3 extra hours of light (unless you start making a habit of it :) ).

Hey Chrome! Thanks for dropping by. I'm trying to be really careful about the lights, I did manage to revert 6 great plants to veg about halfway through flower this past summer. I'm hoping that's one lesson I'll never have to repeat!

How's your grow coming along Chopper? You must be real near harvest yes?

Halloween....maybe, but November sometime wouldn't suprise me. That would be 8 full months, about right. I have 6 Indicas (bagseed) in 3 gallon pots that are just getting to where I'll start 12/12 and see who's who....about 2 feet. Man are they skunky already, and they're just punks still :) I'm hoping they're faster.
Like you, I'm gonna set up something inside that is permanent...likely hydro of some sort.This dragging buckets and trash cans around is less than ideal for sure. HAHAHAHA I'll restrict my outdoor activities to the old hunting camp in the future...you need a horse to get to it and no one has ever touched anything out there yet. (so many pests and varmints out there though) :peacetwo:

Hey B Dog, some plants will never make tight nug's. I see you say 14 weeks? That's LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Sometimes you gotta take plant life into considerations. Alot of sativa's will never nug up. Don't mean any less of the herbs. Some of the best weeds in the world are sativa's, well most are, with airy buds that never turn amber. My only thought is take a sampler. Quick fried to a crackly crunch. If its good at that stage consider harvesting. 14 weeks is forever. But there is afew that need that length tho... GL Keepem Green

Halloween....maybe, but November sometime wouldn't suprise me. That would be 8 full months, about right. I have 6 Indicas (bagseed) in 3 gallon pots that are just getting to where I'll start 12/12 and see who's who....about 2 feet. Man are they skunky already, and they're just punks still :) I'm hoping they're faster.
Like you, I'm gonna set up something inside that is permanent...likely hydro of some sort.This dragging buckets and trash cans around is less than ideal for sure. HAHAHAHA I'll restrict my outdoor activities to the old hunting camp in the future...you need a horse to get to it and no one has ever touched anything out there yet. (so many pests and varmints out there though) :peacetwo:

Chopper have you looked into hempy? It's a big step away from soil but not nearly as complicated as hydro. And if you want you can still lug the plants around, except now a 5 gal bucket weighs less than 10 lbs.

If I recall you're in the south? If you lived here you'd be freaking out, it's getting cold fast.

Hey B Dog, some plants will never make tight nug's. I see you say 14 weeks? That's LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Sometimes you gotta take plant life into considerations. Alot of sativa's will never nug up. Don't mean any less of the herbs. Some of the best weeds in the world are sativa's, well most are, with airy buds that never turn amber. My only thought is take a sampler. Quick fried to a crackly crunch. If its good at that stage consider harvesting. 14 weeks is forever. But there is afew that need that length tho... GL Keepem Green

Hey my friend thanks for the input. 14 weeks sure is long. They all have great looking nugs, just are taking their sweet time finishing.

I've been sampling for the last 2-3 weeks, still not anything to write home about.

I just planted my Bubba Kush, AK-48 and Leary in mini-hempies. They've been soaking for about 22 hrs.

I also soaked & planted 14 seeds from my last grow. Last time I tried that only 1 out of 30 sprouted so I don't expect to be overwhelmed with plants.

Only 6 of the 14 sank during the soak so they went into mini-hempies. The other 8 just went into a soil/perlite 50/50 mix.

I did this to try and get a male for some mad scientist breeding efforts.

Please join me in offering sacrifices to the bud gods for some good news in the next few days.

In other news the girls that won't finish are the same. I work 2nd shift and when I got home last night I could smell a faint but familiar odor as I walked to the front door. Out back it was even stronger. The grow room is upstairs all the way at the back of the house. Not good.

When the girls were out back and in the garage I never smelled them much, the garage smelled a little. As I mentioned elsewhere it's poorly constructed or well-ventilated, take your pick. The smell now in the enclosed room is quite strong. I'll have to work on that, it's always something.

I think today is day 94 of flower. I'm losing track with these large numbers. I have some pics, they're not very good but the new environs don't lend themselves to it. Between the plants and lights there's not much room to maneuver.

Front to back Big Amber, B5 and way in the back behind that row of lights is B1.

IMAG02761.jpg

Big Amber:

IMAG02771.jpg

Big Amber's buddage:

IMAG02791.jpg

IMAG02803.jpg

IMAG02811.jpg

I thought B5 was dying on me but now I think, while still not healthy, what really alarmed me was purpling. She's won't be a big yielder but I will have a big stash of seeds.

IMAG02822.jpg

IMAG02832.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG02851.jpg

B1 will be a big yielder by my standards. I'm hoping for 3 oz.

IMAG02871.jpg

IMAG02881.jpg

IMAG02892.jpg

IMAG02901.jpg

These pics don't do her justice but she's hard to get back to. She's a beauty.

I'm thinking of cutting the lights to 10/14. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I like the blocks of wood and 2x4s.....hahahahaha. Now, if you just add some plywood (hurricane protection for the windows) painted flat white...you will match the standards of my ghetto grow:welldone: I also used a bunch of 5 ft pipe clamps and 50ft aluminum foil with CFLs dangling on wire from anchors in the popcorn ceiling... I have to take over one of the walk-ins or something for the future....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA tiny minds think alike:goodjob: HAHAHA.....crap...I gotta go to work for a while

No milk crates?!?!

No milk crates?!?!

Hahaha! Nobody's gonna compliment me on my clean grow room, that's for sure! Scary part is that this is clean compared to what was happening in the garage.

No milk crates but I am using a few 5 gal buckets as the base for some clamp lights, that should count for something :)

Really it looks like complete shit compared to most of these grows but thanks lol! There are 29 lights right now, about 800 watts or a little under.

Hey Blue :ganjamon:

I must have picked up some cleaning vibes from you! I swept up and picked up stuff all day today then vacuumed up....that should hold me for a couple of years! :)

Can't remember, you have reflective walls? A good flat white paint is 95% reflective. Will make it warmer in the winter. I hear there's cold headed your way.
Weather man here said that from December on we will be having much, much rain. Many wash away floods. Rain hits these straight up mountains and comes flash flooding down. Gonna be some Hawaiian fun :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Back
Top Bottom