SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

Happy Saturday Sue and gang :)
Kinda off topic a bit here but just was wondering if you have heard anything from angry bird? Not seen her around for a really long time.

No I haven't. She's caught up in political and personal upheaval. We lost touch months ago. It must be time to send out a feeler.

Wonderful stuff Sue. Happy Saturday!

Thanks GT. It was a happy Saturday. :battingeyelashes: I hope yours was at least as delightful as mine. :circle-of-love:

Happpyyy saturday Sue!! :theband::volcano-smiley:

Happy Saturday Sweetness. Have a great weekend :hug: :love: :hug:

It's almost over, but Happy Saturday Amadeus. :hug: :love: :hug:

I just got back from ushering a Paula Pounstone concert, and I can't remember laughing so hard. :laughtwo: Oh gosh, what a wonderful day. :slide: Hash Hound and Jgrow stopped by earlier and then I went walking with a dear friend, followed by a shared meal at our favorite restaurant. All in all a stellar day. :battingeyelashes:

It's good to be home. I feel like I've been out most of the day. Lol! Time to start the night buzz. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good morning everyone, and Happy Sunday. :hug: :love:

Posted just for you keltic. :hug:

IMG_83827.JPG

I'm finishing up the batch made with the last of the Thin Mint GSC. This delicious mix was made with a little Carnival backed up by what I had left of Canna and Nis's Tangie and TheRedDragon's Mango. The flavors in the batter are amazing! :slide:

So.... you already know my day is off to an excellent start, as is my norm. :battingeyelashes: I started a new practice two weeks ago, one I thought would evade me for the rest of my life. I started taking 15 minutes or so if my morning and settling my mind in a meditative state to fine tune my cellular vibration to that of the universe and my cosmic guides. Today marks the beginning of my third week of practice. The results have surpassed my wildest expectations. I'm accomplishing more day-to-day without putting out all that much effort.

It's as though the universe is one step ahead of me, boldly illuminating the path and bringing me into contact with an incredible array of delightful personalities. Things almost magically fall into place for me. Now, that's always been the case in my life, but these days there's a pronounced uptick in activity and smooth orchestration of events beyond my control.

In other words, meditation has been doing exactly what it's advertised to do. :laughtwo: I think everyone comes to these points of evolutionary advancement when the time is right for them. It kinda caught me by surprise that my time was now. Lol!

Before I get to feeding myself and my many charges I thought a couple garden shots might be just the ticket to shore up your joyful countenance. There've been a few changes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_83864.JPG

J enjoys bringing me clones. :laughtwo: Yesterday he brought along a replacement to the Black DOG cutting I finally put to rest and a cut of Royal Gorilla. Both are waaayyyy too lanky for my digs, and I warned him they'd get drastically cut back. I started with the Royal Gorilla, which lost her top just a few minutes ago.

IMG_83873.JPG

The top got fans stripped and dropped into the casual cup. If it roots I'll do something with it. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_83892.JPG

The cuttings both need transplanted ASAP, and at that time I'll decide what to do with the Black DOG. For now they'll continue getting acquainted with their new roommates. J took Devil's Carnival 1.4 home to play in his garden.

IMG_83903.JPG

Red Diesel got chopped back right before J and Hash Hound showed up. I'll give her a week to recover and then I'll upcan her to her finish pot.

IMG_83912.JPG

Always in a state of transition in a perpetual garden.

IMG_83924.JPG

Here ya go...... A parting shot from Chemdawg. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

IMG_83933.JPG

IMG_83945.JPG

There...... Didn't that just add a little more sparkle to the morn? Good. :battingeyelashes: My work is done. :laughtwo: Now get out there and play, dammit!

Have I told told you lately how important you all are to me? Well, don't ever forget it. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I was up until 3 AM taking notes on the Green Flower Media class on using cannabis to wean off of opioids. When I do that stuff in the middle of the night I usually question my sanity. Lol! Once I'm compelled to begin I can't stop until I've hit a major point in the class. This one never offered any pauses, the information was so important I had to keep going. I still have the Q&A section to get through, but at the end of the formal class I had to force myself to go to bed.

When I woke up this morning my initial post was followed by one expressing thanks for the effort put into getting the information posted, as a family member of another canna warrior had just reached that dangerous moment when he realized he has to get off the damned opioids before they kill him. An opioid overdose event in front of his beloved grandchildren brought the dilemma to a head for him, and the timing of my posted notes was just right.

It's moments like this that cement my commitment to this study and this membership. I feel incredibly humbled to be led around like this by the universe. I couldn't have planned this retirement stage of my life better if I'd tried. :laughtwo:

Later, my friends. Get some sunshine, if the opportunity presents itself. You can bet I'm headed out as soon as everyone's fed. Mmmmm...... brownies are almost done. :slide:

Sue, That Malawi is an absolute beast! Your CBD Critical Cure is a bit of of monster too! Nicely done! I am contemplating running a Malawi myself after the next grow I have planned, but I think I would have to run her in the 2 x 4 tent alone judging by how big she can get and the length of time from start to finish. I have 2 240s in it right now, I'm thinking I can get another 240 in there for better coverage. Any particulars about her that you can share? Is she a heavy feeder? :goodjob:

IMG_83827.JPG

I'm finishing up the batch made with the last of the Thin Mint GSC. This delicious mix was made with a little Carnival backed up by what I had left of Canna and Nis's Tangie and TheRedDragon's Mango. The flavors in the batter are amazing! :slide:

So.... you already know my day is off to an excellent start, as is my norm. :battingeyelashes: I started a new practice two weeks ago, one I thought would evade me for the rest of my life. I started taking 15 minutes or so if my morning and settling my mind in a meditative state to fine tune my cellular vibration to that of the universe and my cosmic guides. Today marks the beginning of my third week of practice. The results have surpassed my wildest expectations. I'm accomplishing more day-to-day without putting out all that much effort.

It's as though the universe is one step ahead of me, boldly illuminating the path and bringing me into contact with an incredible array of delightful personalities. Things almost magically fall into place for me. Now, that's always been the case in my life, but these days there's a pronounced uptick in activity and smooth orchestration of events beyond my control.

In other words, meditation has been doing exactly what it's advertised to do. :laughtwo: I think everyone comes to these points of evolutionary advancement when the time is right for them. It kinda caught me by surprise that my time was now. Lol!

Before I get to feeding myself and my many charges I thought a couple garden shots might be just the ticket to shore up your joyful countenance. There've been a few changes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_83864.JPG

J enjoys bringing me clones. :laughtwo: Yesterday he brought along a replacement to the Black DOG cutting I finally put to rest and a cut of Royal Gorilla. Both are waaayyyy too lanky for my digs, and I warned him they'd get drastically cut back. I started with the Royal Gorilla, which lost her top just a few minutes ago.

IMG_83873.JPG

The top got fans stripped and dropped into the casual cup. If it roots I'll do something with it. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_83892.JPG

The cuttings both need transplanted ASAP, and at that time I'll decide what to do with the Black DOG. For now they'll continue getting acquainted with their new roommates. J took Devil's Carnival 1.4 home to play in his garden.

IMG_83903.JPG

Red Diesel got chopped back right before J and Hash Hound showed up. I'll give her a week to recover and then I'll upcan her to her finish pot.

IMG_83912.JPG

IMG_83924.JPG

IMG_83933.JPG

IMG_83945.JPG

There...... Didn't that just add a little more sparkle to the morn? Good. :battingeyelashes: My work is done. :laughtwo: Now get out there and play, dammit!

Have I told told you lately how important you all are to me? Well, don't ever forget it. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I was up until 3 AM taking notes on the Green Flower Media class on using cannabis to wean off of opioids. When I do that stuff in the middle of the night I usually question my sanity. Lol! Once I'm compelled to begin I can't stop until I've hit a major point in the class. This one never offered any pauses, the information was so important I had to keep going. I still have the Q&A section to get through, but at the end of the formal class I had to force myself to go to bed.

When I woke up this morning my initial post was followed by one expressing thanks for the effort put into getting the information posted, as a family member of another canna warrior had just reached that dangerous moment when he realized he has to get off the damned opioids before they kill him. An opioid overdose event in front of his beloved grandchildren brought the dilemma to a head for him, and the timing of my posted notes was just right.

It's moments like this that cement my commitment to this study and this membership. I feel incredibly humbled to be led around like this by the universe. I couldn't have planned this retirement stage of my life better if I'd tried. :laughtwo:

Later, my friends. Get some sunshine, if the opportunity presents itself. You can bet I'm headed out as soon as everyone's fed. Mmmmm...... brownies are almost done. :slide:

Good for you sue glad the universe is surrounding u with love and good fortune and ur garden is lookn amazing as always lol. That chemdwag is lookn so dam frosty and fat as hell omg those buds look soooooooo tastey its has a guy drooling over here and since I'm some what of a weed connoisseur lmao i definitely wana get me some chemdwag beans on my next bean purchase haha. Hey I had another quick question bout ur lights are u using only the growant lights or do u have others that u flower with as well i assume u have others jus cant remember what they are lol

IMG_83827.JPG

IMG_83864.JPG

IMG_83873.JPG

IMG_83892.JPG

IMG_83903.JPG

IMG_83912.JPG

IMG_83924.JPG

IMG_83933.JPG

IMG_83945.JPG

Good day Sue and my 420Mag folks!

Alright, something I wanted to share ... thanks Sue for letting me share on your journal, I doubt I'll ever have my own.

Here I go with another dumb mind dump ... I'll stop soon I promise. Need to give more attention to my other hobbies!

Have you ever got to big for your own britches?
Did you ever think you have learned just about all you can about a particular subject matter?

The universe has regularly slapped me back into reality during my lifetime, it has humbled me often and has just done so once again. After several decades of indoor and outdoor cannabis growing, I thought I had experienced most of the possible problems and learned most of the probable solutions. I was especially comfortable concerning my visual capabilities to see what a plant wants or doesn't like, I though I had the cannabis life cycle pretty well figured out.

Well, I was very wrong ... I had never played the ballgame with Ruderalis genes involved, i.e. Autos.

About six months ago, I decided to buy a wide variety of Autos from several major seed suppliers, about a dozen different strains, most of the top recognized strains that have been "Autoed", Indicas, Sativas and Hybrids. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, growing under just one light cycle must be a breeze I thought, one light cycle from birth to death and not having to use the decades of visual clues learned about phototropism and photoperiodism as expressed by cannabis plants. I haven't failed during grows in a long time unless environmental factors were out of my control, or time restrains forced an indoor grow to be neglected for weeks on end. Autos have thrown a monkey wrench into my knowledge of growing cannabis; they have challenged my production in terms of both the quality and quantity I have become accustomed to expect from my produce.

When I grow photo-period cannabis, I use a very detailed (obsessive says my wife) light exposure schedule, worked out over years of trial and error across various strains, incorporating small regular light changes controlled by a computer driven timer. I have several lights mounted on an arc in the maternity tent, slowly phasing "east to west" to simulate natural sunlight. After all, nothing grows better than Mother Nature, why not try my best to replicate nature. I have always up-potted as my Mom taught me in soil. Even in perlite only, I up-pot from solo cups, through two other in between container sizes, and eventually into a 5 gal bucket with 4 gallons of grow media. Guess what? Autos could give less of a damn about my "experience" and light schedules, and seem to hate up-potting!

Autos ... none of my obsessive environmental controls seems to matter one bit, in fact they seem to be a hindrance to Autos! I won't detail every "fail" I've had with Auto seeds, but let's say I haven't grown a single plant I'm happy to say I grew. The produce hasn't been anything near the quality nor quantity I am blessed with from regular seeds, silvered seeds or cuttings. I know it's me, I see folks pictures on 420Magazine of beautiful, heavy and encrusted Auto plants. I think I'm going to cut bait planting Autos, I just really don't have the need for my plants to be Auto Flowering. Photoperiodism isn't that difficult to grasp and implement, it just takes a little bit practice and attention to detail.

Mostly, it bugs me to fail at something I generally already know how to accomplish. This is not an argument against Auto seeds, it's great that they exist and I'm pretty sure they make it easier for people new to growing cannabis.

Old dog ... same old tricks!

Peace
Keith

Good day Sue and my 420Mag folks!

Alright, something I wanted to share ... thanks Sue for letting me share on your journal, I doubt I'll ever have my own.

Here I go with another dumb mind dump ... I'll stop soon I promise. Need to give more attention to my other hobbies!

Old dog ... same old tricks!

Peace
Keith

I looked at the autos and considered them, but only briefly. I decided that I like all of the fuss and interaction with my girls. They deserve it. I don't want to rush things, I like treating them as Mother Earth does. Nothing wrong with that Keith!

Keith....:hug: I'm so glad to give you a sounding board, and don't you dare reign it back. :laughtwo:

I plant my autos in the pot they're going to finish in. They really don't care to be disturbed, which is one of their best features, IMO. I understand the frustration. I had some screaming successes, and I've had some dismal failures. I get much more consistent results growing photos. Rifleman, on the other hand......

I thrilled at reading about the lights you have rigged up. :high-five: It's a paradise built for photos. :battingeyelashes:

Evening everyone :hug:

I've been playing with pain cream and brownies today.

IMG_83994.JPG

I sure hope you had as much fun as I did. :cheesygrinsmiley:

High Sue
Good evening.
:passitleft:
The pain cream looks fantastic.
Not that I know what pain cream should look like mind you but you get me.

Thank you for the recipe.
Guess who has recently been blessed with a Jamaican clone also? ;)

High Sue
Good evening.
:passitleft:
The pain cream looks fantastic.
Not that I know what pain cream should look like mind you but you get me.

Thank you for the recipe.
Guess who has recently been blessed with a Jamaican clone also? ;)

Oh! I'm so pleased to hear this. :yahoo: It won't make good pain cream. Lol! It will introduce an exquisite source of a 2:1 ratio CBD-dom into your garden. Let natural healing commence. :bravo:

I'm still working out the pain cream recipe. Everyone has their own methods, or better said, everyone has to work out what works best for them. I have a number of different recipes to play around with. Eventually I'll find the best one for me. I'm switching to soy wax, in all likelihood. Dave Groomer has me intrigued.

Kitchen alchemy is fun. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mostly, it bugs me to fail at something I generally already know how to accomplish. This is not an argument against Auto seeds, it's great that they exist and I'm pretty sure they make it easier for people new to growing cannabis.

Gettin ur ass kicked by a simple MJ grow ehh? Humbling after all these years.
Fun to see from the outside. I kinda never get the joy of a perfectly dialed in world, so I can't relate so much, but I feel your pain none the less.
Remember... when the roots of a auto hit the bottom, it switches to bloom. I suspect this idea may be the root of many of your issues.
As Sue mentioned, growing autos from start to finish in their permanent pot would seem to be the best configuration.

Krewe du Vieux rolled Saturday. Jealous?

Is that lipstick/chapstick pushers with cream in them?!?!
Tead has to tip his hat to that idea. Awesome!

Great to visit with you and J Sue, I was pretty stoned when I left.
I'm still not 100% from my lingering ailments, but getting out to visit the Suetanical Gardens picked up the spirits.

Smoked the Carnival that night and it was very good.
I've been using the pain cream. The back feels better, but the calf muscle still needs some rubbing.

We smoked J's Black DOG at the club yesterday and everyone was impressed. Can't wait to try the Royal Gorilla.

I gotta go tend my plants which I have been neglecting a bit during my recent ailment.
Some severe pruning is in order.

Hash Hound, that cream is amazing stuff. Use it frequently. Next time you come to visit you'll be stronger and I won't be so rushed to get somewhere else. When you come back I'll have more cream made. :battingeyelashes:

It's 1:23 AM. My internal clock is shot to hell these days. Lol! I'm sitting here smoking away on some of this Blue Dream, winding down and hoping to be in bed by 3, when it suddenly occured to me that I hadn't been here all day long. :thedoubletake: WTH???

Good.....middle of the night everyone :battingeyelashes: :love:

Gosh..... I've been everywhere else, and I thought about all of you all day long. I had a post ready to go early this morning. Wow! I think that's only the second time this has happened since I started my first journal. :laughtwo: What can I say? You guys are addictive. :circle-of-love:

Would you care to see a couple of the best that I shot for your pleasure and then neglected to post? :battingeyelashes:

I was doing the update for the GROWant sponsored grow, so I have pictures of Carnival 4.6 and Jamaican 1.1. First, Carn 4.6.

IMG_84345.JPG

I pulled out out all but one pin, the one corralling the apical top. I'm letting her grow free, within reason. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_84314.JPG

IMG_84374.JPG

IMG_843910.JPG

IMG_84457.JPG

IMG_84426.JPG

The Jamaican came out for pictures while I rehung the lights higher to get better all-over coverage.

IMG_84166.JPG

IMG_84175.JPG

IMG_84184.JPG

IMG_84202.JPG

I cinched her cinched her up a little more too. That'll be an ongoing event from here on out.

IMG_84225.JPG

IMG_8441.PNG

She's a pretty one. I spotted roots on another cutting, so tomorrow I'll pot her in a gallon of soil and I'll have one in each medium just days apart. Hmmmm.... Where do you plan to grow them out Susan?

This is will take some scheduling magic. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I feel better now. You? :battingeyelashes: It was a long and productive day. I finished my notes on the class devoted to using cannabis to reduce or withdrawal from opioids and managed to get in a long list of domestic and garden chores done too, plus treated myself to the salad bar at my favorite restaurant. Got lots of walking in to boot. Good thing too, because tonight we had rain, turning to freezing rain, turning into snow with howling winds. Tomorrow's not going to be as conducive to walking along the river.

A typical SweetSue joyful day. It's 1:46. I'm going back to my Blue Dream. See you all in the morning. :ciao:

Night sue! I'm slowly working through your opioid write up. Really really great stuff

Gettin ur ass kicked by a simple MJ grow ehh? Humbling after all these years.
Fun to see from the outside. I kinda never get the joy of a perfectly dialed in world, so I can't relate so much, but I feel your pain none the less.
Remember... when the roots of a auto hit the bottom, it switches to bloom. I suspect this idea may be the root of many of your issues.
As Sue mentioned, growing autos from start to finish in their permanent pot would seem to be the best configuration.

Krewe du Vieux rolled Saturday. Jealous?!

Hey Tead,

I agree, up-potting is the likely the biggest no-no I performed on the Auto attempts. Bitch slapped by a seed ... thought I was past that point but noooooo. You'd think I would have done a little homework on the matter prior to killing a few hundred dollars on seeds, but again ... noooo, I ran naked without knowledge and screwed up about 20 plants. Glad I have modest produce requirements, although I have learned that making oil for my son does consume a decent quantity of flowers. Being humbled is a great thing, and I've learned! Learned I don't need or desire Ruderalis genes introduced to my cannabis!

Indeed, I get homesick nearly every Mardi Gras season, although I do make it back home every few years at Mardi Gras. Likely will be in for Jazzfest this year, still arranging the schedule and might get to play. No Mardi Gras for me this year though, I otherwise obligated myself through May. My brother sends me photos and videos to make it even tougher, but he means well. Saturday looked like a rainout, but it cleared in time for the masses, Yay!.

Likely next year I will be in NO for Mardi Gras and enjoy some festivities. As a family we were in several different Krewes during the 60s, 70s, and 80s ... I do miss that a whole bunch! I think the Krewe "meetings" during the year were just about as much fun as the actually balls and parades, my favorites included many crawfish boils in City Park with a couple of kegs of Dixie or Falstaff (dishwater beers) and a band, great times!

Dang Tead, now I miss it even more, thanks dude.

Peace
Keith

Good evening everyone :love:

:laughtwo: Once again, I took the pictures and somehow didn't seem to make it over here to get them posted. Lol! You know what's happening? My daughter stops over at least once a day to vape, and we end up sitting and talking for over an hour. Somehow I can't get upset about what that's done to my daily schedule. :battingeyelashes: :love:

A cold one today in the Burgh. I ventured out for brownie supplies for the daughter and my senior lunch, but that was it. Brrr.... Oh! I forgot I had a clone to pot up. I'll get that done as soon as I get this posted. I had these nice shots of CBD CC 2.7 I thought you'd enjoy. She's started her two weeks of flush.

IMG_84515.JPG

Yesterday day I pulled out a garden post to help keep the branches from falling over. :laughtwo:

IMG_84526.JPG

IMG_84548.JPG

IMG_84559.JPG

A closer look at that lovely bud.

IMG_8456.PNG

IMG_84578.JPG

IMG_84587.JPG

A frosty one, she is. :cheesygrinsmiley: She's got a nice fruity edge to her perfume. Getting close. I run about a half gallon of water through her every day, pouring it over the top to gradually wash out the nutrients. Get it just right and they smoke down to white ash. I'm still learning.

I've been lost in thought about how to approach the new thread on using cannabis to detox from opioids. That accounts for a good part of my distraction lately. It's disturbing to consider how the pharma companies changed the prescribing practices of physicans, which led to the epidemic we now face. I've been trying not to look back at how close in time this change of attitudes was to the revamping of the Medicare program to allow pharma companies to charge whatever they wanted, without question.

Part of me doesn't want there to be a connection. I'd rather focus on the happy solution. I'll get that thread up sometime this week.

Right now I'm going back to the sweet buzz I was working on when I realized I'd neglected you all for the second day in a row. :laughtwo: I've got some Blue Dream calling me back to the mat. Let me encourage you as I go to continue on with the joyful day I'm certain you're having, because when you're living deliberately every day is joyful, by your deliberate choice.

Well done. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom