The Great Outdoor Group Grow: Beastly Buds To Honor Bonsai

Your plants have the ‘potential’ to be huge Archi! Look what my white widow did in a 13gal started from seed about 6weeks before the summer solstice. You have them started already so there’s going to be plenty of veg time. Are you planning to top them? I think training them low and wide is an excellent idea. I really think they could get big on you!
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Old guerrilla grows we did, we would bend the plant over when it hit around 6' and lay chain link fence over them and stake into the ground. The colas grow up through the fence. Kept them low and confused the helicopters big time.
That'd work, I like the repurposing of the chain link.

Back in my clandestine days, I'd grow under the canopy of the rest of the garden, with the plants splayed out so that the were less than 2' high, but about 6 wide.

I still aim to keep my outdoor grows under 5' now, because they're easier to deal with & less obvious to passerby & neighbors. There's other advantages to shorter plants, including inspecting for pathogens & pests. Plus, the taller the plant, the more susceptible it is to wind damage--I've seen tall plants lost that way.

My first yr of legal growing, I had Jack Herer that got to be 7+' despite lst & topping (both of which I did too late). It was cool to look at, but too much to deal with in several ways. I'm much happier with 5'ish plants that are about 5-6' wide, with plenty o colas. But paths are many...

Lots of outdoor training methods & I think most work...but you can find some outdoor approaches here: Training methods for outdoor garden

We would literally bend them over from just above ground, I've seen guys stomp them down then anchor them. We'd end up with maybe 4' colas. Never lost a pit site to DEA that way.

I’d been on the fence about growing weed again this summer, but I like the idea of this group grow to celebrate Bonsai, so I think I’ll throw in.
I'm glad you changed your mind about taking the year off! :cool:

@andIhalped thanks for sharing and being here. We need all the veteran growers we can get! I'm planning to essentially grow like you described. I want some good old fashioned organic weed, sun grown, and it's more about having fun than anything else for me.
I want to be able to take a picture of me next to a plant that is taller than I am! #lifegoals
Thanks, MadD. Thanks too for starting this cool thread.

Glad you escaped the HateState (Arizona). I grew up there & very glad I got away many years ago.

Loved Alaska when I was there decades ago. Incredible beauty & a lot of interesting characters.

Hope you realize your wish for outdoor monsta this season!

Highya MD,

Nice job on the sprouts. What's you limit up there (# of plants)?

Your plants have the ‘potential’ to be huge Archi! Look what my white widow did in a 13gal started from seed about 6weeks before the summer solstice. You have them started already so there’s going to be plenty of veg time. Are you planning to top them? I think training them low and wide is an excellent idea. I really think they could get big on you!
:cheesygrinsmiley:
They could be monsters, we had a member that grew an Agent Orange that was better than 20' in diameter.
:nervous-guy:yikes lol Doc suggests 25 gallons for outdoors but maybe I should rethink things?
That'd work, I like the repurposing of the chain link.

Back in my clandestine days, I'd grow under the canopy of the rest of the garden, with the plants splayed out so that the were less than 2' high, but about 6 wide.

I still aim to keep my outdoor grows under 5' now, because they're easier to deal with & less obvious to passerby & neighbors. There's other advantages to shorter plants, including inspecting for pathogens & pests. Plus, the taller the plant, the more susceptible it is to wind damage--I've seen tall plants lost that way.

My first yr of legal growing, I had Jack Herer that got to be 7+' despite lst & topping (both of which I did too late). It was cool to look at, but too much to deal with in several ways. I'm much happier with 5'ish plants that are about 5-6' wide, with plenty o colas. But paths are many...

Lots of outdoor training methods & I think most work...but you can find some outdoor approaches here: Training methods for outdoor garden
How much soil do you like to keep your plants in to keep them that size? Thanks for the wisdom too! Cheers!

:nervous-guy:yikes lol Doc suggests 25 gallons for outdoors but maybe I should rethink things?

I’d be curious if that recommendation is based on a full season grow that starts in early spring. A plant started then is going to be a big one. My WW was planted 2months into spring and has made it fine in a 13gal (since about 6weeks - started in a 1g). So it might be worth asking Doc directly about that. :)

Highya MD,

Nice job on the sprouts. What's you limit up there (# of plants)?
Limit? What's that mean? No no jk. 3 here. That's 3 in veg 3 in flower per adult. Max of 6 mature and 6 veg per residence....

One guy really wants to try for a cultivation and actually had his property approved at one point before a falling out with his partner. So we may be more like 12 but if 6 are autos, it should be fine. And its a test run of sorts to see if we should really consider the possibility of a limited cultivation license.

But the plan is to hopefully do a few different spots so 2 waves of 6 autos at 4 properties would mean a 48 plant total throughout the summer. With 2 properties running blackout spaces for some photos as well.

We get four around here, which is great for me because I can only count to four.... one...two....three....four...four...four...four...four...four...four...
THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!!!

I'm predicting a great season lazy!!!

I’d be curious if that recommendation is based on a full season grow that starts in early spring. A plant started then is going to be a big one. My WW was planted 2months into spring and has made it fine in a 13gal (since about 6weeks - started in a 1g). So it might be worth asking Doc directly about that. :)
I’ll do just that and share what Doc says as soon as I get word back.

Welp, another huge "swing and a miss" trying to order seeds today.

The bank claims they take Mastercard but that didnt work, so I figured hey 25% off is a great deal for bitcoin. Well the thing expired, and now I cant get the items back into the shopping cart cause one of the items I tried to purchase was the last in stock. Whoops! Lots hope bitcoin doesn't tank or I'm not gonna be to happy.

Fun times at the bank.... NOT

Hey dabs

Anything I can do for you buddy let me know.

Shit sucks when it pours hard .

What seeds you thinking about getting?

@Amy Gardner Inspole without Doc and he suggests, because of the 100+days I experience in my area, that 50 gallon is a minimum.

We also discussed raised beds and he said that a 2’ x 4’ x 18” deep raised bed would be enough for “one nice plant” :slide:

When he told me I should go fifty gallon, my initial thought was how big they are going to be. He said if Input the plant out early June it would stay smaller.

So there it is. I’ve gotta think a minute about how I want to do this.

Hi,,, sorry if its the wrong place im in NZ i normally harvest end of April but we have had a hot summer and my girl has only tiny buds,,, what can i feed her to get bigger buds in the last say 3 weeks? on the other hand if its not frost til mid march should i leave her ?shes outdoor but i got her about 4 inches long from a indoor clone back mid November , thanks any more pics just let me know,,,

Attachments

• IMG_20190407_134827.jpg
    IMG_20190407_134827.jpg
    852.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20190407_134842.jpg
    IMG_20190407_134842.jpg
    654.2 KB · Views: 146
Back
Top Bottom