The Hexapus's Garden

Impressive!!!! Wow! You guys are gonna really challenge me to go smaller still. Great job on that. For sure, I'm starting some seeds today for a community pot of three plants.

Sleep? What is this sleep you speak of??? :laughtwo: I actually got a regular night's worth last night, a rare event in my world. Don't quite know what to do with myself yet. Lol!

Oooooooooo.... Oowww..... The light from the screen is shining through my eye-slits and starting to reach my tiny brain...zzzzztt. 420 is the only way I know to wake up.
Thanks for that info, PotChimp. I hope you caught my soulful response earlier to the anguish you felt over the failed Donald Duck rally. Wouldn't want to see such fine literature and helpful insight go unread and wasted.
That's cool that you get those cuttings to root. I heard of someone else doing that- can't remember but I don't think it was you. I can't really understand how you would do it and succeed, especially when the cutting's being dosed up with fairly high levels of bloom food. Nothing to lose by trying though I guess- when I'm in there trimming the undergrowth. I tried it two nights ago and jammed some in the pots- where they collapsed and died instantly ;)
What else was I going to say...? Uhhhhh....Oh yeah- I keep forgetting to take a photo of the leaves that may or may not (more likely not) look like tobacco mosaic virus. Those leaves are buried somewhere in the jungle and I'll find them again someday and see what they look like now. It's probably nothing.

you're scratching the surface of root to shoot ratio and biomass allocation.. keep scratching. feels good
The thing is -around here, the more I scratch, the itchier I get. It gets so that I'm scared to start scratching at things, or before I know it I'm researching all night and blathering about things like 'root to shoot ratio and biomass allocation'.
I'll try to post the pics of the other solo cups in here later. Going to grab a coffee.
I ordered a couple more cheap pairs hps sunglasses. Two different brands, I'm hoping at least one of them will work out as a camera filter for the flowering room. My photography quality is borderline at best.

~ Solo Cups ~

image36828.jpg

image36824.jpg

Lemon Skunk.
Later on after this picture I looked closer and found a bunch of nanners on this one. I'm sure this explains how I originally got the Lemon Skunk seeds which have been in the freezer for the last ten years. Not so bad, if you're going to have nanners- nice to have them right at the end of flowering like this. However, I don't want everything else getting pollinated, obviously, so I trimmed her up. She's a very heavy plant. Still smells like old gasoline, with rotten overtones.
image36841.jpg

image36823.jpg

Ace 1.
A nice little plant. No specially distinctive smell other than a sort of generic 'bud' smell. I'm considering quick drying a little before chopping her, just in case the smoke turns out to be something special

image36822.jpg

Ace 2.
She prettied herself up a little, this last week.
After finishing trimming the Lemon Skunk, I found some yellowish flecks in the Ace 2 flower which I kind of knew were not the beginnings of nanners. Still, in my stoned delirium, I decided to trim the Ace 2 as well, even though it ended up being 5 am before I got done puttering around in there. She is a little ball of bud which looks and smells quite a lot like Mama Thai. Has that sort of leafy look to the buds and spicy peppery piney smell. She probably weighs much less than half what the Lemon Skunk does.
image36842.jpg

image36827.jpg

White Widow.
Not sure what to say about her. As in the last three times I grew this strain, she was never happy. What's more, she never really has done anything interesting other than be a minor pain in the ass. She doesn't look that bad in the picture, but the magic just isn't there for us I guess.

I get a day off on 4/20 and will trim the last three plants and plan to have a nice day trimming, playing guitar, and smoking along with the smokathon. Whee!

'Nite folks ❤️

The cuttings barely root through flower; I'm not sure how it happens either but it does. Not all of them live, but if you keep the top of the soil in the mother's pot moist enough, you can get it to work. And if you don't like the dope you just get an extra doob for the trouble and don't have to reveg them. Here's my Mendocino x Purple Kush clones:

0022759.JPG

Looks worth saving to me :)

0032651.JPG

That's really cool. Could make a great backup for those times when the universe decides it doesn't want my clone cuttings to root. Like right now. I'll try doing a couple in rockwool cubes in the pot and see if that stops them from collapsing on the first night.
I got one rooted cutting so far- so, one of the Malawi phenos is vegging now. Two to go including my favorite from the last round, and it looks more and more like I'll be revegging them after harvest. I'm going to check out Roach's fog cloning contraption and consider ordering what I need for that setup. Could try getting my aeroponic cloner going again I suppose. Didn't have much luck with it last time though and I'm not sure I feel like retracing those footsteps.

That's really cool. Could make a great backup for those times when the universe decides it doesn't want my clone cuttings to root. Like right now. I'll try doing a couple in rockwool cubes in the pot and see if that stops them from collapsing on the first night.
I got one rooted cutting so far- so, one of the Malawi phenos is vegging now. Two to go including my favorite from the last round, and it looks more and more like I'll be revegging them after harvest. I'm going to check out Roach's fog cloning contraption and consider ordering what I need for that setup. Could try getting my aeroponic cloner going again I suppose. Didn't have much luck with it last time though and I'm not sure I feel like retracing those footsteps.

This worked for me, and might for you in a pinch: I was trimming lower branches one day and didn't have my cloning materials handy, so I trimmed the stems the best I could, tucked them in the pot with the mother, near the edge, then covered them with a clear solo cup. I kept the top of the soil near the cuttings damp, and in a couple weeks I had rooted cuttings! I carefully dug them out with a spoon and put them into their own pots.

edit: I put a small hole in the bottom of the clear solo cup for ventilation.

My situation is that I am not always around- so it needs to be something I can just set up and leave for a week or so. That's very interesting that they'll root in those conditions though. I'll see if I can make it work for me somehow.

My situation is that I am not always around- so it needs to be something I can just set up and leave for a week or so. That's very interesting that they'll root in those conditions though. I'll see if I can make it work for me somehow.

If you're going to be absent, then your best bet is to make sure they end up in a cloning chamber/dome of some sort, because my emergency method, you have to be around to check the soil every day.

Actually I don't use a dome AK. Maybe because my humidity is high- I find that a dome causes more harm than good. Usually my current method works great. Maybe I have some root rot type issue in there and I need to clean out the setup, and add a splash of bennies or something. My temps seem good. Every once in a while my cloning rate goes for shit...

Actually I don't use a dome AK. Maybe because my humidity is high- I find that a dome causes more harm than good. Usually my it rent method works great. Maybe I have some root rot type issue in there and I need to clean out the setup, and add a splash of bennies or something. My temps seem good. Every once in a while my cloning rate goes for shit...

You're lucky. I can't get my RH above 30%, unless I dome or bag it.

~ Solo Cups ~

image36828.jpg

Beautiful. Happy 420 from over the pond, they look amazing and deserve another spot in the limelight. All the best :thumb:

image36824.jpg

Lemon Skunk.
Later on after this picture I looked closer and found a bunch of nanners on this one. I'm sure this explains how I originally got the Lemon Skunk seeds which have been in the freezer for the last ten years. Not so bad, if you're going to have nanners- nice to have them right at the end of flowering like this. However, I don't want everything else getting pollinated, obviously, so I trimmed her up. She's a very heavy plant. Still smells like old gasoline, with rotten overtones.
image36841.jpg

image36823.jpg

Ace 1.
A nice little plant. No specially distinctive smell other than a sort of generic 'bud' smell. I'm considering quick drying a little before chopping her, just in case the smoke turns out to be something special

image36822.jpg

Ace 2.
She prettied herself up a little, this last week.
After finishing trimming the Lemon Skunk, I found some yellowish flecks in the Ace 2 flower which I kind of knew were not the beginnings of nanners. Still, in my stoned delirium, I decided to trim the Ace 2 as well, even though it ended up being 5 am before I got done puttering around in there. She is a little ball of bud which looks and smells quite a lot like Mama Thai. Has that sort of leafy look to the buds and spicy peppery piney smell. She probably weighs much less than half what the Lemon Skunk does.
image36842.jpg

image36827.jpg

White Widow.
Not sure what to say about her. As in the last three times I grew this strain, she was never happy. What's more, she never really has done anything interesting other than be a minor pain in the ass. She doesn't look that bad in the picture, but the magic just isn't there for us I guess.

I get a day off on 4/20 and will trim the last three plants and plan to have a nice day trimming, playing guitar, and smoking along with the smokathon. Whee!

'Nite folks ❤️

These are some beautiful pictures and they needed a repost. Happy 420 from across the pond mate, all the best :bravo: :passitleft:

Thanks Kriaze. Kind of a ragtag bunch of plants :) it's been a lot of fun growing them. Kind of an eye opener as far as helping me realize I can burn through those extra seeds and have a good time doing it. I've been sort of locked into the big plant routine, where I veg a plant for a couple months- get a bunch of clones- and go through three months of flowering and another month or two of curing before I decide whether I even want the strain or not- and then if not I will cull all the clones in veg, etc. Assuming my reveg works, this is a great way to find new strains and phenos.
I'm tempted to try sativas in solo cups next. I have one or two Thai Stick seeds left, and one of undetermined sex in veg. A billion Mama Thai/Thai Stick seeds, and some Mama Thai regulars.
I'm also tempted to order a few more sativa strains- once I figure our how to justify it to myself. I don't like getting too many strains going at one time because I find I gets painful managing the different feeding levels and whatnot. A good reason to start growing in soil I know. Uncle Cannabis seemed to have no issues at all growing dozens of strains to perfection, without having to worry about trying to micromanage each one.
It's different so show running them in solo cups though. The strong survive, and the ones that don't are no big loss.

Gramma the high humidity has been a bit of a pain for me, since I've had a fair amount of mold over the years. But maybe it's easier to drop the RH with a dehumidifier than it is to try and raise it. Can't have everything... And any time I over dry my bud a bit, all I have to do is take it out and spread it out somewhere, like in my shed for a couple hours, and it easily rehydrates. So there definitely are good things about it.

Actually I don't do much outdoor growing. I just drag them outside to photograph when I get the chance, because the light is better. I do love growing outdoors though.

One thing about living on the west edge of NA is that, by the time I get my day done, nearly everyone on 420 is gone to bed, except SweetSue and Lexort, and then there are a few crazy early risers like Tead and Pigeons. Anyway- happy Easter folks, and thanks for all the kind compliments. I feel lucky to have some decent plants growing right now- and luck is definitely a huge part of this operation. It's hard to take much credit, especially when I'm not there, lol. But thanks all the same.
Sorry I haven't been replying to every post on here, as I mean to. 'Real life', that mysterious nether-realm which we go to when we aren't here on 420, has been demanding, in terms of workload, and lately I haven't had the usual work/life stalls that allow me to hang out here guilt-free.
Noob4x4Grow - I would call that thing a baby gate too. I'm guessing Stage has a dog, not a baby.
I have to agree with Kriaze that I don't feel any utopia is on the horizon. It is encouraging to see all the changes in the direction of legalization. And I shouldn't belittle the 'progress' that has been made in the direction of keeping us all out of prison. But it was control freaks and their 'laws' that have caused all the trouble to begin with. Increased 'legalization' is just a term for decreased illegalization, or at least a change to different forms of illegalization. At best it seems like I can expect to be ignoring and breaking new and different laws in future. I don't see the concept of 'freedom', as held by governments, being the same concept of freedom I have. Any sort of 'government regulated freedom' seems like an oxymoron to me. Which is why I ignore these people as much as possible.
I suppose, to the extent that I even give a crap what the government says, it would be nice to hear something like-
'Hey guys- we have decided that cannabis is a medicinal plant that belongs to the earth, and to everyone on it -so go ahead and do whatever you want it's actually none of our business have a great day and sorry about the little misunderstanding and here's a check for $32.79 as compensation for your suffering'. Except I don't care about the $32.79 and would probably never get around to cashing the check.
As for any sort of general 'utopia' In the bigger sense- I can't see it being possible anymore. We live in a society that has accepted greed for its god. Strangely, the more that this god takes from us, the more fervently society worships it. Unless something happens to make all the televisions suddenly disappear, it seems like we will continue to get more of the same.
I honestly think we have had our chance to do this the easy way, and aren't about to turn course and start figuring it out now that the train is rolling so fast. In order to have utopia as humans we would have to be living within some basic laws of nature and common sense- basic concepts like 'Share what you have with all the other creatures and they will share with you. Don't eat all the food at once if you're going to run out tomorrow. Don't shit where you eat' etc.
It's hard to always make the connection- but without things like healthy forests, clean water, and healthy oceans, we can't continue to produce televisions and cars, and homes and food. The path we have gone down, in becoming so separated from the natural world that sustains us, means that we are going to be living in an increasingly ugly and desperate reality. And desperate realities don't bring out the best in people, they just cause things to tighten up more and move us farther away from any sort of peaceful utopian ideals.
I admire the people who have the skills and the patience to work in society to create change. But my philosophy is somewhat more along the lines of something you might see in SweetSue's signature. I just gravitate towards creating that utopia in my own reality, and in my back yard, and work from there.
Oops a bit of a rant, but what do you expect? Have a great day folks ❤️
I don't beleive legalizing it is the answer. I beleive that will just bring on more regulation and gubberment b.s like licensing ( which is just a fancy way of saying we are going to take away your god given right to do something like garden of hunting and fishing... then sell it back to you at an inflated rate ... then we are going to tell you how to do it ... when to do it... blah blah blah) decriminalization however. God put it here for all of us to use and enjoy. In some places it grows wild naturally. It should be everyone's god given right to havest this amazing plant. To use as we see fit . I'm just sitting here waiting to go to work. Was reading and thought I would post my thoughts at the moment. Have a good day everyone:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom