The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

Another huge bonus, Sue.....you already have a relationship with other Brixers.....if you are growing with the kit and following Doc's instructions, the help you need will be more focused and immediate because we have already been there....no more wondering what the heck you have done lately....your growing skills are going to hit the roof and be over the top.....don't let it go to your head now....:rofl:

:rofl: I'm a pretty big personality Shawnee. I do work at keeping the head down to normal size. Lol!

you don't miss a thing, do you, Duggan :laughtwo:

Graytail, could my practice during the first two runs of only doing one plain water between drenches instead of two, compounded by the build up of minute amounts on the BSM, somehow account for the nitrogen problem I appear to have run into with my current soil? It'd be nice if we could figure out what's causing this and keep others from making the same mistake.

I believe I fell into that practice because I was running the entire tent like an auto grow, and it was accelerating the time lines. Then I neglected to retrain myself out of that bad behavior quickly enough.

Dunno, your symptoms don't look like too much Kit stuff. Whenever I've over-dosed mine, they get crispy not dark green.

All I can think is that the steady diet of two drops? :straightface: of molasses was feeding N-producing biota, independent of the exudates and HB nutes.

I do think we tend to fall into the typical nute-feeding regimen, forgetting that the soil is doing that for us. With the exception of GE, we're just tweaking the soil activity that's already there - no need to "feed" anything, in the traditional sense.

Wow! I read that and completely understood it. Thank you for patiently explaining it once again. :hug:

"You'll have a poor grow." Well, the evidence is before us, isn't it?

IMG_295917.JPG

Staggering into the harvest wasn't what we had in mind when we started this affiliation. The new batch was wet with water using the BSM. I have a much better understanding of the BSM as well, stemming from this discussion, so I'm not concerned about six tiny drops of molasses. From this point on I'll neutralize another way.

Graytail, all those conversations when you patiently explored all of this with me..... thank you as well. :hug:
Is the bsm only bad if you are doing hi brix or should you not use it period

Sent from my 7040N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Dunno, your symptoms don't look like too much Kit stuff. Whenever I've over-dosed mine, they get crispy not dark green.

All I can think is that the steady diet of two drops? :straightface: of molasses was feeding N-producing biota, independent of the exudates and HB nutes.

I do think we tend to fall into the typical nute-feeding regimen, forgetting that the soil is doing that for us. With the exception of GE, we're just tweaking the soil activity that's already there - no need to "feed" anything, in the traditional sense.

I thought about this a lot after Canyon mentioned it and it makes a kind of sense. It's the accumulation that may have worked against me. It may have thrown the balance off just enough that the added complication of two emergency tear downs, which left more in the soil than would have been.

It has a certain whimsical probability. :laughtwo: If I pay attention this time - and I will, because you guys are gonna gently thump me if I wander off the path - we should see HB excellence burst forth outta these tents in the New Year.

Which reminds me,

I'm setting up the water in a couple minutes. Say goodbye to theses girls. They'll be hanging by their branches in a few. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_297110.JPG

Is the bsm only bad if you are doing hi brix or should you not use it period

Sent from my 7040N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Good Morning Elusive, and welcome to my joyful journal. :hug: :love:

BSM is an excellent additive for growing cannabis, and we want it made clear here that this restriction we speak of is only aimed at the specialized, hyper-active rock-chomping biota Doc has them use in the HB system he markets. Other organic soil mixes can benefit from the careful use of BSM, which will feed both bacteria and fungi, bringing a wider range of micronutrients into play.

We're speaking specifically about Doc Bud's HighBrix Blend, and no other system.

Happy New Year Sue! Have a green 2017. :Namaste:

Thank you ween. :slide: :hug::hug: :slide:

Let's get this party started! :yahoo: I'm taking a couple Carnival clones today ween. :woohoo:

Sounds good! Unfortunately, my run with Carnival will probably stop at the 1 plant as my clone is not coming back from 2 rescue drenches. I pruned her a lot the other day and will give her a few more days to recover but she ain't looking good. Do you think I could take clones from her even though she is sick? Was thinking no and even worried about reusing the soil.

Sounds good! Unfortunately, my run with Carnival will probably stop at the 1 plant as my clone is not coming back from 2 rescue drenches. I pruned her a lot the other day and will give her a few more days to recover but she ain't looking good. Do you think I could take clones from her even though she is sick? Was thinking no and even worried about reusing the soil.

I would think the only problem is getting a cutting strong enough to root. New roots in new soil = new beginning. A do-over. Most of my current grow is clones of plants that struggled through my first grow.

Is this the one that got chilled soil from concrete slab?

I would think the only problem is getting a cutting strong enough to root. New roots in new soil = new beginning. A do-over. Most of my current grow is clones of plants that struggled through my first grow.

I'm with KR on this ween. If you can get a cutting to root - and you can pull that off in spades ween - then you have new soil. I'd toss the old soil. Start again and watch the results be completely different. It's a science experiment ween, we just attach bigger risk to it so we let ourselves be afraid of losing. These plants and this community will see to it that you get more than enough.

Let's play, shall we? :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_297312.JPG

IMG_297415.JPG

IMG_297211.JPG

One down, one to go. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_298016.JPG

IMG_298115.JPG

:nomo:

Good morning Susan! Got a lil trimin to do eh. just curious Sue,...what strain/s are ya gonna tackle with that new batch of DBHBB soil ya got cookin? May i suggest one or two Green Cracks....i suggest this strain for it's obvious love for our "kit" soil. Fun choices ahead, for sure. Have a great day and a fantastic New Years Eve Sue....cheers eh!:Namaste::high-five:

Not from a concrete slab but was away for a couple days and left the heat too low but the odd thing is that the other plant that was with her is doing great and is 2 weeks into bloom. I'll give it a shot, thanks KR!

I'm with KR on this ween. If you can get a cutting to root - and you can pull that off in spades ween - then you have new soil. I'd toss the old soil. Start again and watch the results be completely different. It's a science experiment ween, we just attach bigger risk to it so we let ourselves be afraid of losing. These plants and this community will see to it that you get more than enough.

I'd certainly like to keep the Carnival train a running so will give it a try. I may ask Doc about saving the soil but unless he says to keep it, then I will toss it. I am a little worried there is something wrong with the soil. Thanks Sue!

Hello Miss sweetsue just checking in and looking like the oven is on and rolling miss sue wanna say happy new year wish you the best to come .

sent from the cave from my ismoke

Yeah fresh batch and less amendments I would say as well more perlite or drainage

sent from the cave from my ismoke

Back
Top Bottom