The Quest For A Kilo

I once witnessed (here on 420) a guy harvested his plant, stripped 100% of the foliage off, then popped it into veg. Took over a month, but it came back. donpaul.p was the grower.

I once witnessed (here on 420) a guy harvested his plant, stripped 100% of the foliage off, then popped it into veg. Took over a month, but it came back. donpaul.p was the grower.

Well I will definitely try it....though I will leave a bit of foliage on the plant somewhere instead of stripping 100%. Thanks for the 411 Skybound!

Well I will definitely try it....though I will leave a bit of foliage on the plant somewhere instead of stripping 100%. Thanks for the 411 Skybound!

It definitely makes a lot more sense to do it that way!

Somehow missed the start of this journal! Pretty much read all your other ones Mono and probably one of my favorite sets of journals. Just love the concept of filling a tent with one plant when normally people would be doing 4. Good testament that light is the most important factor in yield and not how many pants you are growing. I think people get that concept mixed up a lot. Glad I caught up now, will be fun to watch this finish.

Somehow missed the start of this journal! Pretty much read all your other ones Mono and probably one of my favorite sets of journals. Just love the concept of filling a tent with one plant when normally people would be doing 4. Good testament that light is the most important factor in yield and not how many pants you are growing. I think people get that concept mixed up a lot. Glad I caught up now, will be fun to watch this finish.

Cheers fella!

Once this big plant is done, I'm going to run six plants under the light while the next big plant grows. I wont be expecting any more than 12 ounces (two ounces each) from the six plants. The only benefit to higher plant numbers is a relatively quick turn around. Ie, you escape the massively long veg times but that's negligible once everything is set up perpetually.

I agree the most important factors in high yields are - Environment, genetics, light, and filling the tent :)

It's been a couple of weeks now since I harvested the purple kush, and as much as I liked growing it, the final product isn't all that great given the length of flowering time. So I'm going to scrap the clones and mother of that strain and start over fresh with genetics I know work and produce well.

Placed an order this morning from TH Seeds, for six of their critical hog. It was the strain that grew my first big plant :):) It's another quick flowering, high yielding strain. Plus TH Seeds have to be one of my favourite breeders.

Critical Hog from TH Seeds (grew this back in November 2015)

IMG_0605_1_1.JPG

So the plan is to keep the NL x Big Bud genetics and the Critical Hog genetics to alternate as big plants flowering every two months ;)

Your girl is looking amazing brother! I know I keep saying that, but that about the only thing I can say! LOL Can't wait for mine to get that far in its grow!

Seeds arrived today. Not too shabby on the delivery front, four days from order to delivery from holland to Scotland .

420-magazine-mobile1837020625.jpg

What site did you order through? I like that packaging on those TH seeds.

I ordered them from TH seeds directly. They are honestly the best breeder I have found in my almost six years of growing and buying seeds.

I have been looking at their MK Ultra as well the Dark Star strain. Gotta see if they deliver directly to the USA or if I need to go through one of the seed banks that does.

I have been looking at their MK Ultra as well the Dark Star strain. Gotta see if they deliver directly to the USA or if I need to go through one of the seed banks that does.

They will do international delivery. I believe they say within three weeks to the USA.

I would highly recommend from personal growing experience their - Critical Hog, Burmese Kush, Sage n Sour and skunkage .

They will do international delivery. I believe they say within three weeks to the USA.

I would highly recommend from personal growing experience their - Critical Hog, Burmese Kush, Sage n Sour and skunkage .

Thanks for the recommendations Mono, I will add them to my list. Now one other question for you.....what method do you use to store the seeds you aren't using? I ask because I am building up more seeds than I can grow for at least a year or two.

Thanks for the recommendations Mono, I will add them to my list. Now one other question for you.....what method do you use to store the seeds you aren't using? I ask because I am building up more seeds than I can grow for at least a year or two.

No worries fella.

For storing seeds, I just keep them in their original packaging and pop them all into a spare mason jar. (Same ones I store buds in) and keep them in a cool dark place (same place I store buds). They seem to all be fine, although I don't think I've stored them more than six months at a time.

Back
Top Bottom