Nebula Haze recently did a comparison between the herbsnow and regular drying methods. She had them lab tested and everything. Off the top of my head, I think the herbsnow resulted with better terpene retention, but standard drying retained higher levels of THC, but not by much. Her end conclusion was if you have trouble drying properly (environment wise) that the herbsnow was better, but if you’re already able to dry without much trouble, standard drying was the way to go.

*one thing she noted was it could get quite expensive buying additional trays for larger plant harvests.

Nebula Haze recently did a comparison between the herbsnow and regular drying methods. She had them lab tested and everything. Off the top of my head, I think the herbsnow resulted with better terpene retention, but standard drying retained higher levels of THC, but not by much. Her end conclusion was if you have trouble drying properly (environment wise) that the herbsnow was better, but if you’re already able to dry without trouble, standard drying was the way to go.
Thanks for that HH! Now I have something worth while to show everyone! :high-five:

Good to see ya!

...ya dusty old fart. LoL
:passitleft:
hahahahaha What a greeting mate lol.
Been a while. Well underway for next run so back on here again ( and I can see without dribbling snot onto the screen to type !!).

Me too Weedian... when you find something interesting please let the rest of us know :hmmmm:
Thanks for stopping by and welcome!
Thanks for having me! Looking forward to learning some more from you.

And, I've finally got grow number 2 underway! Just moved the seedlings into some smaller pots.Hope it's ok if I hit you up for more advice as it goes along.

Nebula Haze recently did a comparison between the herbsnow and regular drying methods. She had them lab tested and everything. Off the top of my head, I think the herbsnow resulted with better terpene retention, but standard drying retained higher levels of THC, but not by much. Her end conclusion was if you have trouble drying properly (environment wise) that the herbsnow was better, but if you’re already able to dry without much trouble, standard drying was the way to go.

*one thing she noted was it could get quite expensive buying additional trays for larger plant harvests.
That Herbsnow dryer looks exactly like the dehumidifier I have for making jerky.

Now I need to go look at the thing and see what kind of temperature range it has on it!

Thanks for having me! Looking forward to learning some more from you.

And, I've finally got grow number 2 underway! Just moved the seedlings into some smaller pots.Hope it's ok if I hit you up for more advice as it goes along.
No problem at all. I'll swing by your journal if that's the current one in your sig.
That Herbsnow dryer looks exactly like the dehumidifier I have for making jerky.

Now I need to go look at the thing and see what kind of temperature range it has on it!
The difference is the temps go lower in the dryer and not low enough in the dehydrators. This is important for cannabis as you don't want to dry it too quickly.

I'm waiting for bluter's invention...

refrigerator when there is room. otherwise the conditions god gives me lol ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

i find the biggest thing is catching it in time ..
most times i can't hang dry a full 5 - 7 days as it dries too fast ... many times i catch it at a 36 hr window when conditions are really dry, then jar it up with the bovedas and wait ...

if i haven't dried right out / too fast / too far ... i'm good. never have hassels with hay mold etc..
it does take a minimum 30 day cure, i usually let it go longer. i don't burp as often either if they are real dry. mostly every other day if i remember lol

Hey everybody!

Well this is really my first update so let me fill everyone in on what's going on in the tent.
I'll be running four plants, all autos. Lemon AK and Zkittlez from FastBuds, DDA from Sweet Seeds and Gorilla Glue from Auto Seeds. The Lemon AK is the oldest but struggled from the start. Today I finally noticed her starting to get some at day 20 but I don't expect much from her at this point.
The next in line would be the Zkittlez at day 14. She's had good growth and now that I set up a second tent she'll enjoy the better light schedule. Yes she was in with the photos who are finishing off under 12/12 so she missed some growth lighting the last 7 days.
The DDA and the GG are both on day 6 and were up-potted to their final home today. I personally don't let them stay in the solos too long and it's just a preference that I have to get them out early.
All but the DDA are growing in a mix of FFOF cut with 25% perlite. The DDA is in MGOS(Miracle Grow Organic Potting Soil) also cut with 25% perlite.

:Rasta:

Fantastic update Sauga and great start as always! Thanks for tagging me in on the dryer. I’ve found it works great and after the buds come out of the dryer jar them with a boveda to your %RH liking! Great results and nice to have smokable product so quickly after the chop with full Terpene retention.

Fantastic update Sauga and great start as always! Thanks for tagging me in on the dryer. I’ve found it works great and after the buds come out of the dryer jar them with a boveda to your %RH liking! Great results and nice to have smokable product so quickly after the chop with full Terpene retention.
Hey Dutch! Thanks for the information. I thought it was a great idea for those who needed quick access to their herb after harvest.
Have a great day!

Nice update,Mr.S- A great start on all 4 !
Today I finally noticed her starting to get some at day 20
They grow up so fast.....

Hey everybody!

Well this is really my first update so let me fill everyone in on what's going on in the tent.
I'll be running four plants, all autos. Lemon AK and Zkittlez from FastBuds, DDA from Sweet Seeds and Gorilla Glue from Auto Seeds. The Lemon AK is the oldest but struggled from the start. Today I finally noticed her starting to get some at day 20 but I don't expect much from her at this point.
The next in line would be the Zkittlez at day 14. She's had good growth and now that I set up a second tent she'll enjoy the better light schedule. Yes she was in with the photos who are finishing off under 12/12 so she missed some growth lighting the last 7 days.
The DDA and the GG are both on day 6 and were up-potted to their final home today. I personally don't let them stay in the solos too long and it's just a preference that I have to get them out early.
All but the DDA are growing in a mix of FFOF cut with 25% perlite. The DDA is in MGOS(Miracle Grow Organic Potting Soil) also cut with 25% perlite.

:Rasta:
Ive been blurple-ized.

Hey Dutch! Thanks for the information. I thought it was a great idea for those who needed quick access to their herb after harvest.
Have a great day!
I would like to know more about the Dryer can you direct me to the info?

Back
Top Bottom