TheBlaze's LED & HPS Grow - Coco & Perlite

Thank you Doc.

Your positive vibes are always appreciated.

UPDATE

Day 60 of 12/12

...and then there were 5.

Nothing much to report. Plants are drinking quite a bit, but temps have gone up as winter releases her hold.

Next plant up is probably the smaller LC-OG which I plan to harvest on friday.

20160817_075650.jpg
20160817_075724.jpg
20160817_075734.jpg
20160817_075906.jpg
20160817_075743.jpg

Thought I was the only one that updated on the bottom of the page... Awesome Blaze.... Just freaking mad mate...

HARVEST UPDATE

Harvested the Blue Venom last night. I was hoping for 60g but I doubted I would get it. Buds were just too small... well, I might have misjudged her. Got more than I expected. That plant was very bushy. Even after a few defols. Plenty of bud hiding in the middle. I think 70g is a safe bet, and I chucked about 15g of popcorn bud as well. If she had a slightly longer veg period, with more training to open her up, she would have yielded well. I can see how LA pulled such a good yield from this strain. The other Blue Venom is much the same, although the buds look a bit bigger on that one.

I took plenty of pics.

20160816_202708.jpg
20160816_202822.jpg
20160816_202852.jpg
20160816_203015.jpg
20160816_203036.jpg
20160816_203056.jpg
20160816_203123.jpg
20160816_203451.jpg

Hollow stems. First time I've noticed this when harvesting
20160816_214428.jpg

All washed and laid out
20160816_233050.jpg

Damn, and it gets better :rofl: reps on everything mate...

Thought I was the only one that updated on the bottom of the page... Awesome Blaze.... Just freaking mad mate...

LOL! Thanks brother!

Congrats on the harvest bro :) they look spectacular, one of the best grows i have ever seen :thumb: I think you will easily reach the 600g, im gonna guess 900g (dont quote me on that :rofl:), I always underestimate my girls by a few oz :rofl:

You're making me blush Feral. LOL!! I kid... I don't blush. :rofl:

Thanks bud! :thumb: Although 900g is a little optimistic. Would be like winning the lottery. :)

Thanks LA! I wish I had made more of an effort with her. Unfotunately, she was overshadowed by the big girls and my focus went there. She was a pretty lass though.

Swing on by mate. We'll get pissed, and then stoned... and then arrested. :rofl:

Very nice Blaze. I've seen hollow stems on GSC and Sour D, Cinex had a few too, I'm hearing that is a high THC trait. Great job, looks fantastic.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Looks like some awesome buds, Brother! :bravo:

Thanks Mr. Krip... whenever I see your username, I always think of Capt. Krypt OG. Even before I got that delicious sample of 91 Krypt. Anyway... just some useless rambling. LOL!

She will smoke up nice .

Sent from balls deep in buds

Let's hope so bud!

Very nice Blaze. I've seen hollow stems on GSC and Sour D, Cinex had a few too, I'm hearing that is a high THC trait. Great job, looks fantastic.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Yeah, I was doing some reading up on the phenomenon and it seems to be a combination of genetics and health. Either way, it was interesting to see it first hand.

Have you smoked any yet? I can't wait for the thunder report.. :thumb:

Not yet brother. Buds are taking a little longer to dry this round because of the lower temps. Should be able to smoke some tonight though. If I do, I will definitely report back here. You know me... I like to wax lyrical. ;)

Hollow steams mean good nute intake

Sent from balls deep in buds

The hollow stems are normal and fairly common with MMJ. As I understand it, it's not necessarily a sign of good nute intake, though.

The area that's hollow is where the "pith" would normally be. The pith is the soft, spongy center in the middle of plant stalks where carbon is stored. When the pith starts to disappear, it's called "Pith Autolysis" and, while it does NOT indicate any real problems with the plant, I don't believe it's because of good nute intake.

What it does indicate is that the plant needed more carbon, so it started to feed on its own carbon reserves.

Some plants are genetically prone to have a hollow pith and other reasons can include plants that are grown in low light conditions, low CO2 conditions, and fast-growing/leggy plants can also be more prone.

So, for example, if the growroom is packed with plants, there may not be enough CO2 for all of them because they're all sucking it all out of the air. So, because there's not enough CO2, there's not enough carbon, and because there's not enough carbon, the plant will start feeding on it's own carbon reserves in the pith.

Low light conditions effect the plants ability to photosynthesize, so even if there's enough CO2, they won't be able to break it down, resulting in the same feeding on it's own carbon reserves.

It does not indicate any problems, per se, just a sign that the plant was feeding on its own carbon reserves.

I hope that helps!

:Namaste:

EDIT: I should add that flowering plants use lots of carbon to help form those buds, so its also much more common in flowering plants! ;)

Back
Top Bottom