Vetsmoke Goes Perpetual With Bonsai Mothers, Clones & DIY Builds

Could be that mate. The RH has been in the mid to high 70's. Temp is 22-23C. It's cramped in there for them now. Looking at GG tonight I think she will have a week, maybe 2 weeks left to go. Things could get tricky with the veg cabinet. Ah well, all part of the fun.

Here's the flower tent ladies anyway.

OG Kush
IMG_20210123_225357_DRO.jpg
IMG_20210123_225401_DRO.jpg

Gorilla Glue
20210123_230343.jpg
20210123_230407.jpg
20210123_230454.jpg

VPD is responsible for driving transpiration. In short (very short) VPD is the difference between vapour pressure within a plant and the vapour pressure of the air around the plant. If VPD is too large, the plant stomata will close in an attempt to limit transpiration, which can result in issues like tip burn and leaf curl.
Is the VPD potential issue mostly only an indoor problem because of humidity build up within a tent, and not so much an outdoor issue?

Could be that mate. The RH has been in the mid to high 70's. Temp is 22-23C. It's cramped in there for them now. Looking at GG tonight I think she will have a week, maybe 2 weeks left to go. Things could get tricky with the veg cabinet. Ah well, all part of the fun.
Your GG is looking so totally pristine, a real immaculate showpiece looking presentation! :yummy:

On my last year's grow I was gave them a bit of drought stress in following @Maritimer's approach to hopefully bring about an increase of resin/oil/potency, which tends to cause them to look a bit stressed. I'll probably still take the same approach this year so I'm sure my buds won't be looking as beautiful as your's Vet - great stuff! :Rasta:

Is the VPD potential issue mostly only an indoor problem because of humidity build up within a tent, and not so much an outdoor issue?
I don't know a lot about outdoor growing I'm afraid. But i'd say so yea. I came across it when investigating why i kept getting similar issues when growing under LED lighting.

A theory is that because LED lights run cooler than HPS, the growing environments are cooler, and therefore the RH could be lower. Increasing VPD.

Here's the flower tent ladies anyway.

OG Kush
IMG_20210123_225357_DRO.jpg
IMG_20210123_225401_DRO.jpg

Gorilla Glue
20210123_230343.jpg
20210123_230407.jpg
20210123_230454.jpg
She really is a beaut! I bet you can't wait to take her down.

Thanks buddy. She's done all the hard work. What's this drought stress approach then?
Years ago I grew a plant from bag seed which was average good. Because it was growing in a small ceramic pot sitting on hot stone tiles she got massively drought stressed daily thru flowering, but turned out to be some of the stickiest buds I have ever had, the sugar leaves were like they were varnished all stiff gooey and just crap ones were wonderful in a pipe (I was combusting at the time). Skip forward a few years, I came across @Maritimer's previous long thread, where somewhere in it he shared a research paper on cannabis, that being subjected to drought stress in its last 10 days of flowering could dramatically increase its potency, the research paper proved it in their tests. There is a lot of different things that tease us with the claim of increased potency, darkness at end of flowering, or the old nail thru the stem trick (which I must try myself one of these grows). But that accidentally drought stressed plant I mentioned above gave a fantastic high, its effect dramatically improved from the mother bud it was found in. Anyway, Maritimer happened to be researching this and that triggered my memory of that earlier plant and how she grew, so last year I tried to apply some of the approach at the end of my grow, the bud potency seemed great but without lab tests who knows, the downside I guess is the aesthetics, where the buds look a bit gnarly and beaten up, but then again I am growing in frequent wind and rain so my plants get beaten up a bit in the weather. But hey, if I could get buds looking like yours I wouldn't be risking it on drought stress haha. :rofl: Cheers.

Just in case it is of any interest, Maritimer is doing a new thread researching about tricking the plant that it is under insect attack where as part of the plant's defence greater resin/potency may result. Cannabis Rezination

the high humidity will cause a vapour barrier and will also cause cal def , if the air is too wet the plant can not bring calcium through to the leaves ends , cal is semi mobile and is moved through the transpiration , if the air is too wet it can struggle with cal

Sunday ponderings. Strain choices for the next round. Once these clones are 4 weeks into flower I'll be looking to pop some beans. Haven't yet decided if I'll do one big plant or 3-4 in 2L pots with just a few weeks veg. Depends how this round goes really. These are my choices from the stash.

Northern Lights - Dope Seeds
Zkittlez - Blackskull seeds
Stardawg - Blackskull seeds
Wedding Cake - Blackskull seeds
Do Si Dos - Blackskull seeds
Amnesia Kush - Dinafem
Jack Herer - Those that shall not be named
Cream Mandarine Fast version - Sweetseeds
Hawaii Maui Waui - Nirvana seeds

Decisions decisions. Want to get down to a shortlist of 3 or 4. Stardawg, Amnesia Kush and Hawaii Maui Waui are my initial front runners. But I want to grow them all:eye-roll:

Sunday ponderings. Strain choices for the next round. Once these clones are 4 weeks into flower I'll be looking to pop some beans. Haven't yet decided if I'll do one big plant or 3-4 in 2L pots with just a few weeks veg. Depends how this round goes really. These are my choices from the stash.

Amnesia Kush - Dinafem

Decisions decisions. Want to get down to a shortlist of 3 or 4. Stardawg, Amnesia Kush and Hawaii Maui Waui are my initial front runners. But I want to grow them all:eye-roll:
You've only listed 9 seeds, @vetsmoke. Why don't you just grow them all?

It seems like you usually keep about a dozen going in your flowering tent. :rofl:

Amnesia Kush - Dinafem
Yes decisions decisions haha. The Maui Maui sounds intriguing especially if you can replicate the volcanic soil of Hawaii a bit which I have read people have suggested gives the strain an 'X' factor. Stardawg is one that sounds very beneficial medicinally. And I have always been curious about Jack Herer's reputation. It'll be fun seeing what you choose! :ganjamon:

Yes decisions decisions haha. The Maui Maui sounds intriguing especially if you can replicate the volcanic soil of Hawaii a bit which I have read people have suggested gives the strain an 'X' factor. Stardawg is one that sounds very beneficial medicinally. And I have always been curious about Jack Herer's reputation. It'll be fun seeing what you choose! :ganjamon:
I'll have to take a look into that. Yeah I do like the sound of the Stardawg too. Maybe I could squeeze 2 half decent sized plants in the tent :rofl: Will I ever learn?

Back
Top Bottom