XLR8's BCNL Mixed Strain Hydro Grow 2011

Hey there Hydrologist - thanks for the kind words and checking out my journal!

Difference in height issue is probably not quite what it seems. The back left plant was started a week later, and has been kinda funky all along, but it was the only Blueberry seed I had left, and I wanted to see if it would start to flourish eventually. It's doing pretty well now, so we'll see.

The front left plant (PPP) would probably be the tallest except it's been getting LST. so a lot of it's growth has been horizontal. There's some pics a couple of pages back that show this in greater detail. The front right plant (K2) is also just an aggressive grower, and I think it might end up being a male...

I almost tried using veg nutes longer like you suggested, but am going to wait until another grow to do that. I am extending the use of my MH bulbs a week to 10 days into 12/12 to try to minimize stretch.

Take care and thanks again for popping by!

Ta

Thanks for answering my questions homie dude ima cross my fingers that the k2 is just a vigorous grower for you and not a fucked up male, cuz if that really is a female fuck i wanna try that strain! are all 4 from seeds? Do you ever grow with clones? If all 4 are seeds did you get them from a seed bank or from a homie? if a seed bank which did you use? As I may order "Nebula" from Dutch passion-a strain i've had my eye on forrrrevvvverrr! Right now im growing a strain called "young Shepard" Both current grow journals feature the plant so you can see it 3/4 through veg and 3/4 through bloom if you get board and wanna check em out through the links in my sig. Happy with how both are growing its a cross between pre 99 bubba kush and Deep Chunk and is a Sativa dominant strain.

But yo what I am most intrigued about that you replyed to me was something about useing a metal halid in the first 10 days of 12 and 12 to keep the plant from stretching! Thats fuckin bad ass where did you hear that from? Have you tried it before? If not let me know as that would be a great tool in the future if I have a strain that wants to stretch more than I can handle!

Also I have yet to try giving Veg nutrients for the first week of Flower but in the next couple of days to a week Im ganna switch my 3/4 veg girl to flower-I plan on incorporating this new technique and i'll definitely let you know if I notice a difference!
Take it easy dude.
Hydrologist

ps. Whered you get the name XLR8 from? Lol my call name on Halo Reach (when I used to play) was XLR-one. Someone had tagged it on a building at the bus stop by my house and I saw it every day and thought it sounded and looked bad ass haha so im curious as to what it means for you.
Take it EEEE
ZZZZZZZZ

:goodjob: :morenutes: :peacetwo: :popcorn:

High XL!
I've been hiding in the bushes on this one checking in when you update. Neat little grow you've got going for sure!
The hole does'nt look to be too much of a problem. You might have had a little bug fly in and take a taste of the plant and then moved on. Check the underside of the leaves really good to see if there might be bugs or even a little leaf muncher though I doubt it's a leaf muncher.....their path of destruction is very noticable and increases daily.
If you make any insect discoveries hit 'em now while they're trying to set up shop and they'll be much easier to wipe out before they have colonies of mulitple generations established :goodluck:

Hey Bandit - thanks for the feedback. :thanks:

It's probably no big deal, but I tend to obsess about the littlest issues (keeps them from getting to be big issues). I guess it could have also been a nutrient splash or something, especially given the location of the leaf, but I am normally pretty careful about that. I'm just gonna keep my eyes on it, and break out the azamax or SNS stuff if I need it... I truly appreciate you responding and following along my friend! :)

Thanks for answering my questions homie dude ima cross my fingers that the k2 is just a vigorous grower for you and not a fucked up male, cuz if that really is a female fuck i wanna try that strain! are all 4 from seeds? Do you ever grow with clones? If all 4 are seeds did you get them from a seed bank or from a homie? if a seed bank which did you use? As I may order "Nebula" from Dutch passion-a strain i've had my eye on forrrrevvvverrr! Right now im growing a strain called "young Shepard" Both current grow journals feature the plant so you can see it 3/4 through veg and 3/4 through bloom if you get board and wanna check em out through the links in my sig. Happy with how both are growing its a cross between pre 99 bubba kush and Deep Chunk and is a Sativa dominant strain.

But yo what I am most intrigued about that you replyed to me was something about useing a metal halid in the first 10 days of 12 and 12 to keep the plant from stretching! Thats fuckin bad ass where did you hear that from? Have you tried it before? If not let me know as that would be a great tool in the future if I have a strain that wants to stretch more than I can handle!

Also I have yet to try giving Veg nutrients for the first week of Flower but in the next couple of days to a week Im ganna switch my 3/4 veg girl to flower-I plan on incorporating this new technique and i'll definitely let you know if I notice a difference!
Take it easy dude.
Hydrologist

ps. Whered you get the name XLR8 from? Lol my call name on Halo Reach (when I used to play) was XLR-one. Someone had tagged it on a building at the bus stop by my house and I saw it every day and thought it sounded and looked bad ass haha so im curious as to what it means for you.
Take it EEEE
ZZZZZZZZ

:goodjob: :morenutes: :peacetwo: :popcorn:

Hey Hydrologist -

As far as the K2 strain, I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued - I'm sure because of the name being the same as the synthetic stuff that's everywhere now. Having said that, I've grown it a few times now, and even the females have been big fat and healthy producers. I'll miss this strain. It's a combination of White Widow, and something else that I can't remember now. I get all of my seeds now from Single Seed Centre. I believe they are a sponsor on this site still, and I highly recommend them. I checked out info on "Nebula" that you were thinking about. Sounds fantastic! I also see it's from Paradise Seeds - I've grown some of their "Magic Bud" strain and it's probably my favorite strain so far overall, if that tells you anything...

So far I've always grown from seed, as my set-up is small and I don't have a separate area for cloning yet. This may change eventually, but I'm only providing for myself so I'm not needing much either.

I've read in a number of places that if you use MH during the "stretch" phase when 12/12 is initiated that it will help keep the height down. I've done it a couple of times now, and I'm not 100% sure that it really makes much difference, but I'm not sure it doesn't either. It makes sense to me that it would work, though.

I just thought XLR8 sounded kinda cool, like "Accelerate" I guess. I used to be into fast cars, fast motorcycles, etc. But not really so much anymore.

:thanks: for following my grow - I'm gonna head over and check yours out as soon as I get a little bit caught up! Take care my friend!

They look GREAT man.. got me wanting to go hydro

Thanks Mardo! Hydro is perfect for my meticulous control freak, neat freak nature.

Actually, I'd love to grow in dirt outside if I could, but not so easy to find a safe spot. Inside - I think I like hydro for the control you have over everything they get. I have much respect for those who grow well in soil - I think it makes for the best flavor, too.

Those plants are looking nice and healthy!

:rollit:

Thanks Smokey - so far so good! Just need to cross my fingers for a little "lady luck" so to speak. Don't want no dudes in there!

I know what you mean!!! I pulled a dude from my planter today!! I found little balls at the nodes, and a ball on a stick at the 4th node!! Pulled it right away. However, the rest appear to be girls!!!

I agree with your theory on why K2 got discontinued. That synthetic stuff was just horrible. For once, I agree with the government putting a ban on something - that stuff is dangerous. Sucks for the real plant, though.

Well just did a nutrient solution change, and seeing that I'm a week in to 12/12, I thought I'd give Dutch Master Reverse a try - as a preventative, so to speak. This will be my first attempt at using it. I'm a little nervous I put it on too thick, so to speak... The bottle said to spray until a slight run-off occurs. Well, I did that. Just hope my definition of slight is the same, I guess. I'll give it another misting in about 10 days and we'll see what happens.

I mixed the DM Reverse with some DM Penetrator I had around. (Penetrator has since been replaced by Saturator, I believe. I also think they are close to the same thing). I mixed 2.5ml of Penetrator with 250 milliliters of reverse and gave them a heavy misting.

Tomorrow or the next day I'm planning on replacing my 400MH bulb with the 400HPS. I've been in 12/12 for about a week.

Nute Change info - (week 2 - 12/12)

DM Add .27 92 ML
DM Zone 13 ML
DM Silica 15 ML
DM Gold Flwr A 60 ML
DM Gold Flwr B 60 ML
Total PPM -- 1100 ppm

PH 5.6
RH 45%
Temp 73F

No more leaf hole issues besides the ones previously noticed, so I'm thinking maybe it was just nute burn... or something that took a bite and moved on like Bandit suggested maybe... Not thinking it was a bug for sure anymore. Doesn't seem to be getting worse.

Thats all for now - pics soon!
:bong:

Okay - here are some pictures from last night when applying Reverse. For fun I took some pictures right after the Reverse foliar spray was applied, and again about 45 minutes later.

The leaves were coated pretty heavy with it, and 45 minutes later you couldn't tell anything was applied. This stuff does smell a little like rotten eggs - yuck!

Here they are right after Reverse was applied:
Reverse_wet.jpg

Also - right after applying:
Reverse_wet_side.jpg

45 minutes later - completely dry, and odor mostly gone - I love how the leaves were perked right back up so quickly:
Reverse_after_dry.jpg

I've only had hermies on my first grow, :wood:, but I figured an ounce of prevention might just be worth 2 ounces of cure??? ;)

Hi xlr8 :Rasta:

Can't blame you for making sure of no males. Those girl sure did pop right back for you. Looking very good! :morenutes:

Thanks brother! I'm hoping for the best and doing what I can ~ it'll all be good in the end. I agree with Sisco's sentiments - stay the peaceful kind person you are and don't go puttin caps in no ones asses, lol. Love the medicine, but it's not worth that kind of trouble or nobody getting hurt - I'm the peaceful type myself, but I wasn't always that way. Don't ever get jaded by wrinkledinks.

Ladies are looking great.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :thanks: I appreciate the kind compliment my friend!

I just put in the HPS bulb tonight, so I'm thinking... Let's see some BUDDDDDSSSSS!!!! I'm jonesin' for some bud action!

Thanks Buddy! :Rasta:

I think I mentioned a gun in one of my posts. It was an unloaded pellet gun. :ganjamon: I have no desire to really hurt anyone. Jeeeez! :smokin::smokin:

Precisely why you round up friends who truly care - so easily!

Keep up the good work dude! Those plants are looking bad ass! Im about to harvest the plant thats in Flush right now on Tuesday so check out that link then and you'll get to see some bad ass harvest pics and I just switched my personal grow to 12/12 (top link) So shits definetly poppin off! Fuckin Stoked!
-Hydrologist

Keep up the good work dude! Those plants are looking bad ass! Im about to harvest the plant thats in Flush right now on Tuesday so check out that link then and you'll get to see some bad ass harvest pics and I just switched my personal grow to 12/12 (top link) So shits definetly poppin off! Fuckin Stoked!
-Hydrologist

Hi Hydro - thanks man! I'm sub'd to your grow now, so I'll definitely be watching for your harvest pics. I love the feeling after harvest - like you're perpetually set with stash. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Good healthy lookin girls there XLR8, I hope the treatment works out well, im interested to see how such things work out :goodjob:
:Namaste:
Bass

Thanks Bass! I figured I'd put it out there because like you I'm always interested in stuff like that, too. It's not at all scientific, because a result of "no hermies" is the expected result anyway. However, I guess if I do have hermies and I follow the program so to speak, maybe it's not worth the expense of applying a product like this. Who knows?

Nice to have you following along my friend - love your DIY tent and those beautiful medijuana plants you've been growing!

Those ladys are getting crazy big! They are really taking off! Good Luck to only ladys, you will have a nice stash if all 4 of them make it to the end and quite a nice variety as well! Good Vibes !!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom