XLR8's BCNL Mixed Strain Hydro Grow 2011

Well, last night I confirmed my suspicions about the K2 - definitively a male. Saw a couple of balls hanging from a stick, and no doubt about it.

I'm still not too bummed - My goal is to at least have 2 of the 4 spaces in the box filled with females. I've been able to pull 5-6 ounces out of 2 plants in there on previous grows, so I'm okay with it. Realistically, it would be over-crowded with all 4 spaces filled anyway. So -- part of the program. Additionally, the K2 is probably the strain I've grown the most of in the past, so I'm not missing out on a new experience either.

On a positive note Missy the Mystery bag-seed strain is showing female pre-flowers, as is the Blueberry. I'm a little worried that the blueberry might end up a hermie, but I'll need to wait on that. Hoping she's not or that the DM Reverse will fix her, so to speak, if she is... Still early to tell sex on the PPP.

Here's a last shot with them all in the box - I tried to tone down the reds from the HPS bulb a little:
feb_27_all_with_k2.jpg

Here they are about 15 minutes later, with the dude removed from the party:
feb_27_all_minus_k2.jpg

Finally a side shot - there's a lot more room now for the ladies to fill up!
feb_27_all_side.jpg

Should be budding up soon - I can't wait!! :bong:

Those ladys are getting crazy big! They are really taking off! Good Luck to only ladys, you will have a nice stash if all 4 of them make it to the end and quite a nice variety as well! Good Vibes !!!!!!

Thanks a ton for the good vibes Jane - Unfortunately the K2 was a dude, but I'm not too bummed as I was expecting 1-2 could be, and I can still get a great harvest with 2-3 plants in there. Truly appreciate the good vibes - :thanks:

Looking gr8. :slide:

Thanks Hemp! They are really looking healthy right now, and there's a bit more breathing room with the rooster out of the hen house... Appreciate you following along! :high-five:

Sorry bout the dude, but otherwise things are looking nice.

Thanks PB - They are looking pretty good, I think. I'm worried about the blueberry - it's been funky since the beginning and it looks like it might end up a hermie -- hope not.

Wow, it's amazing how much room the guy was taking up. He was HUGE!

Definitely! It's nice having the extra space - hopefully I'll get lucky and the rest will be ladies. The Blueberry and the PPP are supposed to be fem seeds, so we'll see...

Thanks OMM & Hemp - I appreciate the good vibes on the ladies.

I'm hoping they're okay on their own for a couple of days. Had to have a medical procedure today that's got me limited to bed until tomorrow night at the earliest, but PH has been stable lately and they should be fine on their own until then, I think. Health stuff sucks!

As soon as I'm back on my feet, I'll put some more pictures up. They should start budding soon...

I hope you feel better, I am going in on Tuesday for my back surgery. The girls are looking great, sorry to hear about the K2. I will be updating my journal tomorrow. The girls have been in the dark last 5 days, I just put them back on 12/12 they are popping.

HI farmer - thanks for the well wishes. I'm so frustrated - I lost the PPP now, too. Bummer there is that it was supposed to be a fem. seed, but it was 100% male. Argh.

:goodluck: with your surgery - I hope you have better luck than me in that regard. I'll be okay, but I'm struggling with a few health things right now and it's no fun. Back stuff is the worst - I feel for you! I've been following your journal as well - I'll pop over once I get caught up...

I also hope you're feeling better my friend. Take good care.

Thanks a ton Hemp - feeling a bit better finally. Still a ways to go, but gettin' there... :thanks:

hey xlr8 wow im late to this party :ganjamon: your set up is wonderful. hearing that you can get 5 to 6 ounces is amazing. im glad i got here bf the flowering really began. Hope you feel better soon.
:tokin:

Thanks falcore - Glad to have you aboard! :) Unfortunately, this won't be nearly as bountiful of a harvest.

I've now had 2 full blown males out of 4, and one of them (PPP) was supposed to be a fem. seed. Not off to the best start this time, but I suppose I was due - I've had really good luck with females, etc., until now... but, damnitallanyway!

Girls look great. Sorry about the male.

Hope you get back on your feet soon.:yummy:

Hey there Mardo!! :thanks: for the well wishes - I'm back on my feet - a bit wobbly, but back on my feet! And ya, males suck - ended up with a male PPP too. :rip:

One male down and out, good job xlr8. :Rasta: I'll be lookin forward to seeing these girls show off their true flowers

Make that: :rip: :rip:
I was really hoping to sample the Pure Power Plant, but HE was not a SHE like HE was supposed to be, you see.

Appreciate you dropping by, w1sest! I'm with you - can't wait for some big 'ol juicy buds. :yummy:

Damn. I'm so bummed to lose the PPP, too (straight up male!). I was dying to try it, but it's not to be. To make matters worse, I found 2 "balls" on the Blueberry, but I've been applying DM Reverse, so I'm hoping that no more pop up. (I can hope, right?) Either way, I'm keeping it as I need the meds badly. The only true female it seems is the bag seed I threw in. Too funny.

Between my own health, and the sausage fest in my grow box, things are a bit gloomy for now right now, lol. Oh well, just deal with the cards I'm given I guess. :)

Should have some updated pic's tomorrow if I'm still feeling better. :wood:

Hey Man! That sucks! One female? Crap! :smokin::smokin: If read that right!

So glad your OK! Don't like surgeries of any kind......I've had a few, well more than more than a few. Sorry it's your back mostly, that's the worse kind of pain.

As you know I have some good meds at the moment, I wish I could share some of it with you.
:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom