Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

You like shrubberies too :cheesygrinsmiley: Beautiful plants and pics, reps back at you

Thanks Buckshot - I appreciate that! :)

Thanks Buckshot - I appreciate that! :)

Don't let me miss these!... now I am doomed to see them as buds :cheesygrinsmiley:

You did a really excellent job on the canopy. Especially with the different strains.

I must have the ocd because when I did the hydro I always used the fresh nutes on the flush but using diluted really saves a lot of money and also probably works just as good and saves a lot of time too.

Don't let me miss these!... now I am doomed to see them as buds :cheesygrinsmiley:

In my best Stephen King style scary old crone voice: "DOOMED I tell ya', DOOOOOOMED, DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMED!!!!!"

Keep checking back in Buckshot, with a little luck they'll bud up good for us. :)

You did a really excellent job on the canopy. Especially with the different strains.

I must have the ocd because when I did the hydro I always used the fresh nutes on the flush but using diluted really saves a lot of money and also probably works just as good and saves a lot of time too.

OCD bro's unite! :high-five:

Not sure if it matters or not, but the plants seem to be just fine with the tired nutes for flushing. I've done it both ways though, and my OCD wins over often. Thanks for the props on the canopy! :)

Great looking canopy X man!!
Gotta commend you on the 1/4 strength nute flushing.
I've been using it since you brought it up, and my ladies are loving it.
They don't stall out for a few days now, they keep stacking!

wiw!

:thumb:

Hope your back is loosening up for ya brother.

Photo update - Day 26 Bloom:

Had an opportunity to take some more pics last night. I've been setting the lights about 10" away from the main canopy, and letting the tops get as close as 8" before adjusting up again. Even at that closeness, I've been able to keep the temps at canopy level at about 79-80f. It looks so much farther away in the pics, but these are about 10" in the pics, as I'd just raised the lights up again.

Temps at canopy about... 79f (once lights are warmed up). RH is currently about 39% or so, and pretty steady. PPM's are about 1,600 (2.3 EC) currently. So far, so good!

At the moment, I'm running the BPN 3-part base nutes at about 85% strength, along with BPN Seaweed, Vita Blue, Liquid Blue, Early Bloomer and Cal/Mag all at recommended doses (well Cal/Mag at 1/2 recommended dose - 2.5ml per gallon). Additionally, I use a Silica supplement for stronger stems and bug resistance (2 ml per gallon), and "Zone" root zone conditioner (2 ml per gallon).

Currently, there are somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 tops at the main canopy (conservatively)!

HPS on the left, MH on the right:
jan_15_3.jpg

Before lights on:
jan_15_1.jpg

jan_15_2.jpg

Humboldt
jan_15_4.jpg

jan_15_6.jpg

Pineapple Express
jan_15_5.jpg

Vortex
jan_15_7.jpg

Jillybean
jan_15_8.jpg

Pre-98 Bubba Kush*
jan_15_9.jpg

*Pre-98 Bubba Kush has a very unique stature. Virtually no side-branching, and buds grow right along the main stems. She was topped, which did ultimately result in multiple "tops" but there is no side-branching off of these to speak of. All of her tops are dense with compact, close, dense fans. Many of them I removed, as they block out almost everything, but this particular one I left with some of the fans intact just for kicks, and to show you guys just how completely prone she is to "block out the sun". I probably should have culled her and left her for another round, but I really want to see how I like it, so a small yield "sampler" will be a nice little bonus. I have a cut from her, to be used as a mom if I like her.

She's probably 4-6" shorter than the others, but in the location where the lights cross over and is most intense (intentionally!). Typically, this is where I've had biggest buds/colas, right where she's at, so hopefully that makes up a little for her distance from the lights...

:bong:

fantastic pics bro. The structures look very strong to all of them, super lush healthy green too:bravo:

How does the P.E smell? it's cool that your 6 days ahead of mine. Looking ice cold frosty too man, wow

Do you mind if I ask you what's the white thing in between the hoods? just a thermometer or sensor? pretty smart to hang it off the collar

Amazing grow pal.... took a while to catch up but worth the read. As always you have such a nice tight set up, looks fantastic! I will continue to watch as it comes down the home stretch.
I had to at least pop in to give ya props on another amazing journal!
Keep up the good work friend. :)

Jonny

Incredible X!
Crazy how that bubba is such a short & tight light hog.
But then again bubba is known for its shorter fatter buds right?
Should produce really nicely sitting in that sweet spot between lights.
:goodjob:

Awesome as ALWAYS X! :thumb:Won't let me rep, but you know I wanted to!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Hozona! :)

fantastic pics bro. The structures look very strong to all of them, super lush healthy green too:bravo:

How does the P.E smell? it's cool that your 6 days ahead of mine. Looking ice cold frosty too man, wow

Do you mind if I ask you what's the white thing in between the hoods? just a thermometer or sensor? pretty smart to hang it off the collar

First, :thanks:

Pineapple Express smells... tropical, exotic, sweet, somewhat fruity and unique... but, not necessarily like pineapples per se' (at least yet). Really nice smell - very unique and unlike anything else I've grown. I'm really anxious to try her.

That is a sensor for a remote thermometer/hygrometer. It also has it's own small built-in display on it, but it sends info to a unit I keep in my bedroom so that I know what's going on in the environment, even while I'm in bed so-to-speak.

I think I might have shared this in Alaskan1's journal, but one time I saw the RH had gone up quite a little in a fairly short period of time (usually it's pretty consistent). The RH spike made me curious, so I went to check on them and I had a leaky fitting that had leaked nutrients all over the floor (hence the resulting higher relative humidity). The remote thermometer/hygrometer helped me catch it before it got way out of hand - it quickly paid for itself in saving me a massive headache! I love having the additional insight without a trip to the grow room. :)

Amazing grow pal.... took a while to catch up but worth the read. As always you have such a nice tight set up, looks fantastic! I will continue to watch as it comes down the home stretch.
I had to at least pop in to give ya props on another amazing journal!
Keep up the good work friend. :)

Jonny

Thanks Jonny - really good to see you here my friend! :)

Are you still growing Big Bang at all? After growing the auto of it, and seeing your past grows, I've had the reg. Big Bang seeds on my future buy list for a while. Great seeing you around, as always - thanks again for the kind words. :thumb:

Are you still growing Big Bang at all? After growing the auto of it, and seeing your past grows, I've had the reg. Big Bang seeds on my future buy list for a while. Great seeing you around, as always - thanks again for the kind words.

I still have access to a mom from the original Big Bang that I grew. I haven't ran it in a while but a friend still does and it is still strong as ever. :) I have moved to Strawberry Cough and Triple X.... both are great and I would recomend. (Triple X is awsome!)

I plan to do some posts soon... stay tuned. :)

Jonny

Incredible X!
Crazy how that bubba is such a short & tight light hog.
But then again bubba is known for its shorter fatter buds right?
Should produce really nicely sitting in that sweet spot between lights.
:goodjob:

Thank you Vick! Yes, from what I understand this is really normal for the strain, but I've not grown it myself until now. I'll be happy with anything yield-wise, as I nearly culled it for space reasons when I didn't get any males. She's in the sweet spot, but not as close as I'd like - I doubt she'll produce much. Still, I'm excited to get a taste! :)

Great resin production already! You did a great job on choosing your strains. Never tried the Humboldt, but as for the other three, they're grrrrreat... Although the Bubba is a short little light hog, I have a feeling you won't be disappointed in her quality. It is one of my favorite strains, great for pain relief at the end of a long day.

Back
Top Bottom