Yeti's High Brix Perpetual

Its a basement and it is cold. Problem is trying to use space heaters to warm it up costs a fortune. I really need to build rooms. It would be easier if I had part of it sectioned off with everything in that one area but my tents are on one side of the room while the veg areas are on the other side. I have a couple of circuits run to the side with the tents but I do not think I can add the veg areas over there and a heater. The heat mat would work under the solo cups but you are right it will be an issue in 1s.

Its a basement and it is cold. Problem is trying to use space heaters to warm it up costs a fortune. I really need to build rooms. It would be easier if I had part of it sectioned off with everything in that one area but my tents are on one side of the room while the veg areas are on the other side. I have a couple of circuits run to the side with the tents but I do not think I can add the veg areas over there and a heater. The heat mat would work under the solo cups but you are right it will be an issue in 1s.
I was thinking you were running veg in a tent as well. That is a big space to heat.

Morgs, a suggestion, for wat its worth. If u can move the tents in one area against a wall in the corner, it's very easy to hang a thermal blanket from the ceiling to close in an area. It WILL work and you could get away with one space heater , on a stat (built in). it will provide you with a closed in area , way better and easier to control the enviro without building expensive , walls and such. Can u dig it...? cheers bud... :high-five:

Morgs, a suggestion, for wat its worth. If u can move the tents in one area against a wall in the corner, it's very easy to hang a thermal blanket from the ceiling to close in an area. It WILL work and you could get away with one space heater , on a stat (built in). it will provide you with a closed in area , way better and easier to control the enviro without building expensive , walls and such. Can u dig it...? cheers bud... :high-five:
That's a good idea. I don't know how practical that is for Ween with where he's set up, but that will cut down on the space needed to heat by quite a bit. That could do the trick.

I personally love having rooms instead of tents. But I know it's not practical for everyone. I just wish I would have given myself more room to work with. 6x8 just isn't enough to flower in. I may need to add a second flowering chamber now that my veg room is starting to crank with the added lighting.

Hey Yeti....sakes man, notifications musta got lost...happens. I'm so behind ...pages.
Hope all is well my friend. :passitleft:

Things are good bud! Thank you for stopping by Duggs! I hope your weekend is grooving for ya bud! :passitleft:

I was thinking you were running veg in a tent as well. That is a big space to heat.

Yeah it is a home made tent, it is just if I am paying to heat it I would prefer for all grow areas to be heated.

I will have to look into the thermal blanket thing. I cannot put my veg "tent" over with the other tents, but I have been thinking about vegging in the 4x4. I was just trying to not run that much power for seedlings. They are under my t5 right now. If I put them in the tent they would be under a 315 cmh. I will have to look into the thermal blanket idea. Just yesterday I was thinking about putting curtain rods up to section off that section of the basement. I want to build rooms when I get the funds together. I figure 2 8x8 rooms would do everything I need.

That's a good idea. I don't know how practical that is for Ween with where he's set up, but that will cut down on the space needed to heat by quite a bit. That could do the trick.

I personally love having rooms instead of tents. But I know it's not practical for everyone. I just wish I would have given myself more room to work with. 6x8 just isn't enough to flower in. I may need to add a second flowering chamber now that my veg room is starting to crank with the added lighting.

I flower in a 4x8 tent and it works well for no more than 8 plants. Any more than that is a bit much. As mentioned I want two 8x8 rooms. I plan to only flower out 6 plants at a time but I would like to have room to walk around. I would also want to have my soil in one of the rooms to cook and get stored.

Hey Yeti! I really like my under rug heater. Up front cost is high but cost to run it is low. I wish someone made these specifically for our purposes! They could come in popular tent sizes with tstat built in. There are a bunch of other tent accessories that need to be created like small huey/de-hueys, AC, adjustable plant platforms that spin, air movers (no not "fans") that save space and are adjustable, how about heated pots.....?

Fun stuff!

Proud of you Yeti for "staying clean" (not buying seeds!:rofl:) I fell off the wagon....

:passitleft:

Hey Yeti! I really like my under rug heater. Up front cost is high but cost to run it is low. I wish someone made these specifically for our purposes! They could come in popular tent sizes with tstat built in. There are a bunch of other tent accessories that need to be created like small huey/de-hueys, AC, adjustable plant platforms that spin, air movers (no not "fans") that save space and are adjustable, how about heated pots.....?

Fun stuff!

Proud of you Yeti for "staying clean" (not buying seeds!:rofl:) I fell off the wagon....

:passitleft:

Those are good ideas bud! May need to get on inventing them so as to get rich lol. I am sure all of those things would sell well with all the home grows. I need to look at under the rug heaters as well. I really have a bunch i need to do and buy, I just need to recover more from the holidays to do so.

I am too broke to buy seeds and I have no need for any more. I have been looking through my seeds here and there and its mind boggling how I am ever going to run them all lol. I would like to run at least one female of all the strains I have before I am done! I hope your day is going well bud! :passitleft:

Good morning yeti and peeps. Talking about the seeds. I got a pack in mail other day. Was putting it in my seed stash tote and laughed to myself, shit I have to stop buying seeds :laugh: I've got more than I can ever grow :rofl: plus I'm getting ready to breed some. Thinking I might have issues
Good mornign Dank! It happens bud! That is how it goes. I would prefer to trade seeds at this point lol. Then I can get things I want without spending money. It would be nice to have a license to grow an unlimited amount of things. I would love to run a massive pheno hunt of everything I have going.

I am starting to think everyone here has a seed problem. They are addicted to seed buying I know I have been bitten by the bug. I look at seed banks and I find So many seeds I want to buy and grow. I already have more seeds then I can run for a few years and I am still tempted to buy more. Dam seed addiction.

I am starting to think everyone here has a seed problem. They are addicted to seed buying I know I have been bitten by the bug. I look at seed banks and I find So many seeds I want to buy and grow. I already have more seeds then I can run for a few years and I am still tempted to buy more. Dam seed addiction.

Its a thing, But cant find an app for that, everytime I look I just find more seed banks

I plan to only flower out 6 plants at a time but I would like to have room to walk around. I would also want to have my soil in one of the rooms to cook and get stored.
One of my objectives on building my rooms was to be able to walk around the perimeter to tend them. It's amazing how quickly they just get filled to the brim. :)

I usually use my soil totes to raise my veg plants up closer to the lights. Unfortunately it means I have to move plants to get to my soil, but it does keep it at the correct temps.

Back
Top Bottom