• Mr Messy - Grape God

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • GreatLife4All - Silver Kush

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • BigIrishDoode - Blue Dream

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is my recently cured Jamaican Dream. It's good for wake n bake, zippy yet calming, not at all racy - no anxiety. But it also has a nice kick to it, so if you overdo it you can squash any ambition you might have had. The aroma is fruity/skunky, with a hint of pepper and citrus.

I recommend this strain. It was a joy to grow!

DSCN18036.JPG

DSCN18076.JPG

very nice everyone,

@mc, if you like sativas then jack flash is by far the best bud i have ever smoked, i grow as i use mj for medical reasons so use indicas for help with insomnia and pain, but i like to medicate in the daytime and years ago i used to smoke jack flash and i then noticed that herbie had started stocking jack flash so ordered some fem seeds, i planted one and ive put it to flower early so i can check its the same jack flash and if it is ill grow the clones out and produce my own fem seeds so i can keep it in stock for future grows and for gifting out to a few friends.

jack flash i have to say is one of the best strains if not the best strain ive ever smoked, its a really fruity tangy smoke, just like tangy sweets, if you walked into a room where everyone was smoking a different strain and just 1 person was smoking jack flash then instantly you would know someone is smoking jack flash, its smells how it tastes, it may not sound nice but its got a sort of amonia type cat piss type smell, its such a tangy smell, its a really nice daytime smoke that gives you an nice high that dont leave you sitting down all day, so i got some seeds and got it in flower now, its to early to know for sure if its the same jack flash but its starting to smell and it has got the jack flash smell to it but its not far enough in flower to know for sure

but its a nice sativa strain if its the same as what it used to be, if its not then i can take a trip down south and pick some clones up that have been kept in clone form since the early 90's so i can get the original flash if this dont turn out to be the same, but im keeping my fingers crossed because if it is its something ill grow every time i grow plants, its hard to explain what its like but its just a really nice tangy fruity smell and it tastes exactly how it smells, i guess you would have to try it to know what i mean but its more than worth growing, cant wait to sample it when its ready,

Entering my favorite again, The Infamous Blue Dream. It's a winner every time for me! (and Yes, It's dry and cured this time :laughtwo:)

Indoor Grow
Light = 720w LED (450 draw)
Soil = 50/50 FFOF/FFHF
Nutes = FF (GB, TB, BB) Indonesian Bat Guano, Garden Lime and Molasses
Water = Rain Barrel Collected (PH 6.5, PPM .003)
Grow Temps = 80-82
Days to Finish = Appx 55-60

Grow_Room_227.jpg
BD17.jpg

so many tasty looking nugs, defo gonna be a hard 1 to choose this month, i may have to have a few bongs whilst staring at the laptop with a slightly confused look on my face wondering what nug i would rather have in my bong other than this shit i had to buy last night

There are a lot I want to try :cheesygrinsmiley:

so many tasty looking nugs, defo gonna be a hard 1 to choose this month, i may have to have a few bongs whilst staring at the laptop with a slightly confused look on my face wondering what nug i would rather have in my bong other than this shit i had to buy last night

LOL, I've been smoking brickweed for the past 25 years. This is better.

A good nug and good camera &camera skills make me all squinchy inside:thumb:
Bony know if I have anything worthy thought my blue dream was my winner ...close but no cigar! Maybe some new shots of the last trophy bud I've been saving and enter her again,with my chemdawg was dried, it has some nice ones,you guys think it's worth trying again with my Bd?
Do eeet!

Heres my entry. Its a nug from my plant of the month entry. Grape God. Only a week old so still maturing its taste and aroma but shaping up nicely so far. The hit is heavy, colourful, triply.:peace:
IMG_127814.JPG
IMG_130213.JPG

Good luk all.

DSC_12842.JPG

my last indo run, pineapple express has it's own little world for smell and taste, of course the high is a uppity with munchies and cotton mouth to follow...it's very fast budding cycles for a sativa blend, a hardy plant, it's ok to throw any nutrient at it...on a scale of 1 - 10, I'd give it 8.5 - 9.0...
is it just me or does this nug look like a duck? wow! im really baked lmao... :tokin:

is it just me or does this nug look like a duck? wow! im really baked lmao... :tokin:

Well, I'm baked and it looks like a duck, so ... as the saying goes ...

:cheesygrinsmiley:

lol, yep sure looks like a duck to me, looks like a duck taking a dump over the edge of a wall, or was that a bit to much info, maybe its laying an egg
lets make some cakes, the finest of course

You must be quackers Jon, I see a dove lol
Very pretty bud by the way!

GL4A - Silver Kush Bud

Ok... I have finally decided to enter a contest here at :420:

What to do for a first entry? I have lots of pictures of buds, all of which look great to me. But I recently hosted a journal and one of the plants was Silver Kush by Reserva Privada. This turned out to be one of the best plants that I have ever grown.

I had this plant in a tent with eight other plants - with flowering times ranging from 7 to 10 weeks. So it was a bit of a rough journey for this plant. Under these crowded conditions, some plants withered and some plants shined... the Silver Kush is a keeper and I will maintain a mother from now on. I highly recommend this plant for any members!

Time for some pictures, and then I will post a smoke report.

The first picture is of the top cola. I placed a standard bic lighter in the picture for reference. The picture was taken on top of my pool table and due to lighting, the bud looks golden. In real life, the buds are a very nice silver color.
Silver_Kush_001_-_Up_Close.jpg

And here is a closeup of the nug shown above. I can see why this is such a potent strain - look at all those shiny little diamonds.
Silver_Kush_007_-_Up_Close.jpg

And here is a strain review for the Silver Kush:

Strain Name - Silver Kush

From - Reserva Privada

When - Approximately 8/1/13

Price - A buddy paid me $600 / ounce for the one extra. Local price is $400. I only sold one and regret it... so that makes it priceless to me.

Type - Indica / Sativa hybrid. My plant looks very sativa like. Check my gallery for a more detailed picture of the plant while growing.

Appearance - The buds are large and well spaced. They develop a nice silver sheen as they mature. The best description is the picture that I have included above... one picture... one thousand words.

Smell - Very near to overpowering... but not quite there. Like a fruit taste with a hint of diesel at this point.

Taste - This is a bubblegum crossed to OG18 and as such the taste is somewhat complex... This was my first report on taste before it had cured - "It starts out tangy on the inhale, but the exhale tastes like diesel. Aftertaste is definitely diesel." But after curing, the diesel taste has dropped significantly. The initial taste is nearly gone... on the exhale it is sharply tangy tasting... and after a couple of seconds... you forget to note what the aftertaste was :thumb: but it could have been sweet like bubblegum.

Type of Buzz - An interesting buzz... mostly cerebral. It has produced anxiety in some of my friends who don't smoke as much... never experienced this myself. It does provide energy for doing things and as such is a great 4:20PM type of smoke. My original thoughts: "The high is immediate and forceful and then it tapers off to a body buzz. It would be great for the last smoke of the night." After curing... it seems to be a more forceful cerebral high and it takes longer to become a body high. I never experience the body high... but I smoke it every two hours or so.

Length of Buzz - For me personally, about two hours. For friends who don't smoke as much... two hit quit and they are good for three to four hours. I seem to have a higher tolerance than most... An anecdote from my journal on this bud:

I shared with my brother - who doesn't smoke very often - and it left him sitting on the couch babbling incoherently. He came over the next day and said no more of that Silver Kush for him... Now that is a testimonial.

Overall - I would have to rate the Reserva Privada Silver Kush as the best smoke out of all eight varieties that I tried - a bit of a surprise for me. A little hard to grow - but well worth the effort. Highly recommended by GL4A!

The things that really stood out for me were the difficult grow (doesn't like defoliation, slow to veg, clones easily - but looks ugly the first 3-4 weeks)... the quick emergence of buds during week 5... the swelling to enormous size during weeks 8 and 9.

It is a very intense buzz... not for beginners.

This was my first foray into growing / smoking one of the OG line of plants. I am very impressed and will be checking out other members of this fine line of plants in the future.

Summary - thanks for reading my entry... I can be somewhat verbose at times. I hope that you will give me favorable consideration... But if not, there are lots of other very fine entries... so please vote for your favorite.

Back
Top Bottom