Gardenfaerie Outdoor Organic Summer 2014 Flux and LST in Ground

Tiny update. I had concerns with the rabbit because I didn't want it to drag any powdery mildew or other infections to the pot plants. There is plenty of other stuff to eat in this yard. It's been so humid and hot. So I decided to encage the whole scrog and here is what that looks like. When the plants reach the sides, I will grow through the side of the screen, also.

yyyy1.jpg

yyy1.jpg

yyyyy2.jpg

yyyyyy2.jpg

I haven't reported any watering or fertilizing because I have not had to do any since I planted these in the ground and giant containers. My little clone is still alive. No roots showing, but still alive. It did have preflowers so may take longer to push roots.

Have beautiful days...I hope all are well.

Hahaha, well, I already thought of the bunny sitting in the cage safe from hawks and owls! Hey, if that little cage saves the bunny, excellent! I'm all ferrit or from Brooklyn, I'd say I'm all faw-it. Anyway, the bunny is loving my poppies and other perennials. It's even eating the early damage caused by cucumber beetles on my Rudbeckia and Datura.

I saw that movie "Phenomenon" also! Where he builds a fence and the rabbit is encaged in his garden. I think it's actually on television right now!

Not really an update, just photos taken this morning. I have not defol'd. I'm waiting and watching. It is going to be 100 degrees or 98 at best until October. I probably need all the foliage that's on there to help protect itself from losing too much moisture and unable to photosynthesize properly without enough leaf surface.

cc46.jpg

c148.jpg

Hey GF is that Petunia petals I see in the mulch?

In the container with the pot plants? Only one small succulent is in the mulch. I do have petunias, but they are not near the pot. Maybe you mean somewhere else in the photos?

How do I get the stems to thicken up? I remember LA saying something about 'opening up' the ends. I forgot what that is. Who remembers what he meant? LA? HELP.
He is talking about opening the ends so you will have tighter nodes I believe. That's why my branches are so close to each other. If you will pull the ends apart and open up the ends you will be able to pinch off the part you don't want earlier and of course you only do this to every other node on the main stem and it will cause the next node to form almost instantly making closer branches and ultimately more branches..., Light bail me out here if I have this all wrong.....:circle-of-love:

That sounds right. The problem I'm having is understanding what it means. It has nothing to do with how you are explaining it. My brain is not retaining this and definitely not able to figure it out. I'm not going to worry about it. When LA eventually gets his growing started and making is videos etc. I will learn. I'm am sure I'll get a nice harvest no matter what I do. FINGERS CROSSED of course :)

Im here :) OK ill post some pics on the opening up of ends bit shortly on flux central.
What you were asking though is how to fatten up the limbs! :) This is done through bruising em up. I crush between finger and thumb, also kink them carefully (after a watering). Bending and kinking them damages them internally, this is only for whilst in veg.
The plant repairs damaged internals and bulks up in the process :)
Ill go take some pics and get posting shortly :) :)

Thanks LA, I saw the pics on Flux Central. Okay, I did go out and fuss around a little. I did a foliar feed of seaweed this morning. I fed the rabbit some pot leaves! It is sitting out there eating away. Who'dathunk it? Do you know that expression in the UK? I forget not everybody here is in the US and the vernacular is much different.

I have so much crap to do today and no energy to do it, nor the drive to start. I hate that.

Back
Top Bottom