Light Addict's Quick Guide To Fluxing: Featuring The Original Flux!

Hey LA, awesome grow, I will be trying to attempt this on my next plant. What do you think about a sativa vs. an indica using this style?

I am on my first grow ever and have been using the LST method. I was hoping you could take a look at my journal and provide any advice or tips you that you may have.

Thanks for such a wealth of amazing grow journals to study!

Sensai.......your flock grows and grows (literally lol) :) Off to kip now buddy, I know you'll burn the midnight oil so have a good un my mate. We need to sort out the "dam" arrangements too. May 23-26 is a long weekend I believe :)

LA Outdoor flux starts today, "Fluxy Lady" just transplanted into massive pot and rewired!

comments welcomed. :circle-of-love:

P301.jpg

Top of the buds to ya LA
By the way you said 3rd node up to give a holla well is that from the very first two leaves that look like they could belong to lots of differnt plants or the 3rd set of Jaged leaves , have a brilliant day an keep up this brilliant work of yours:thanks:

Hey Jaga :) good question! Lots of people have asked this so lets clear it up :)

Ok so the first tiny set of leaves the colyte or something :) they are the tiny rounded ones that fall off naturally later so we dont count them.
Then you have the single blade leaf at the first node, this take off completely as its a week immature node.
Then the second node has the first true set of leaves, I strip the new growth, leaving the leaf for a while. Pics show me taking new growth off :)
Then you have third node, with second true leaf set, this is where I micro top ! This is where your main flux arms will sprout from
13819.jpg
141103.jpg
14235.jpg
14326.jpg

Now these pics were from my Tutt girl so more nodes than a flux but should give a bit of info :)

Re: Light Addicts quick guide to Fluxing, featuring The original Flux!

Oz Brit, Thanks for the response. I have a question. I am having a difficult time trying to figure out the micro-trimming or topping of my girls. What I think I will do is let them go on to the 4th node and then just topping the main stem just above the third node. I believe that will give me two branches (tops) and they will be my two flux arms. What do you think?

Hi Greenstuff. That would definitely work and give you the 2 nodes for fluxing but it will stress your girl more than micro topping. Don't get me wrong, It shouldn't cause any major issues long term but it "might" stall your girls growth for a short time. When I micro topped my girls I wasn't sure I done it right.....so I did it again on 2 of them......I ended up taking too much off and was Christened "OZ 2 STIX" by Alex801 the sod lol. I've just micro topped an auto so if you want to take a look check out page 193 of my thread. Best of buds and luck to you my friend :)

Hey Jaga :) good question! Lots of people have asked this so lets clear it up :)

Ok so the first tiny set of leaves the colyte or something :) they are the tiny rounded ones that fall off naturally later so we dont count them.
Then you have the single blade leaf at the first node, this take off completely as its a week immature node.
Then the second node has the first true set of leaves, I strip the new growth, leaving the leaf for a while. Pics show me taking new growth off :)
Then you have third node, with second true leaf set, this is where I micro top ! This is where your main flux arms will sprout from
13819.jpg
141103.jpg
14235.jpg
14326.jpg

Now these pics were from my Tutt girl so more nodes than a flux but should give a bit of info :)

Sure does mate I went an took a couple of pictures of my area , as asked for:cheesygrinsmiley:
2014-03-04_11_34_56.jpg
2014-03-04_11_35_20.jpg

Awesome we have plenty of room to go nuts in :) now your running CFLS for veg is it HPS for flower? If so what size, if not how much light of whatever type. Just so I know how to tailor the training. As if you have a strong light then good vert is on, if its not so strong then we go a nice blanket of colas at medium length.
Which ever way we will kick ass I assure you! :)

Nope I wish I have a 600w hps but we are a little para about the electric I have 2 small dual spec an one 250w which I reluctantly swapped for the hps, if they both turn out to be fem I may be able to switch back over to the hps the 3 best crops I had were from that bulb
Thanks LA you really are the Green Guru :circle-of-love:

Ok it a bit long winded lol :) My girl was a mutant and just threw herself in such a manner that she looked like a plant suited to be mainlined. A good few people objected to the name of the technique, due to sounding like hard drugs. So I was asked to come up with a new name. My plant at the time was the shape of the flux capacitor from back to the future. So hence fluxing. :)
Then it became debated by many others that the way I was training was completely separate to the ML tech. So it was decided that fluxing stood as its own style! :) that's kind of it for a short version! :)

Ok it a bit long winded lol :) My girl was a mutant and just threw herself in such a manner that she looked like a plant suited to be mainlined. A good few people objected to the name of the technique, due to sounding like hard drugs. So I was asked to come up with a new name. My plant at the time was the shape of the flux capacitor from back to the future. So hence fluxing. :)
Then it became debated by many others that the way I was training was completely separate to the ML tech. So it was decided that fluxing stood as its own style! :) that's kind of it for a short version! :)

Delicious! Yeah, I don't like the silly names for cannabis. I wish they'd just have a number or letter, like they do on Leafy.

Back
Top Bottom