Miwa's 3rd Inside Grow

got one out there..too wide to get through the door..and up under her is a male plant..pods haven't open yet..hoping to get some seeds..

:cheesygrinsmiley: I hope you get a thousand!

:cheesygrinsmiley: I hope you get a thousand!
i'll use them all...

as big as that purple haze is..i think..x5

Greatest of greenness to you Miwa! May your plants grow like Triffids on speed.
thank you LA..Good Friedday everyone,,quick Q...this bagseed plant is sitting in a bubbler setup..got roots but they are still surrounded by stones in a netpot..any reason why i can't put this plant in a flood and drain system ???..do i have to wait until i see roots outside the netpot ??..system is working perfectly...water level is half way up the netpot...should i put the level at the bottom of the netpot ??,,whatta yall think..any certain way ??..or do i do it Miwa's Way..:cheesygrinsmiley:

do it miwas way, as long as the roots are getting water then you should be fine mate, i let my res get really low so only a small amount of root at the bottom of my dwc plant is in the water, i find doing this encourages new roots to grow, i found keeping the res topped up just slowed down root growth, i think the more roots the plants got the more it can support so i noticed when the res got low i could see new white roots coming out all over the place so now i let the res empty before i fill it back up, so im sure as long as the roots was getting enough water and nutrients then it should be fine.

as long as you can get it set up so its getting enough water then you should be ok,

My thoughts exactly DP..when i did a DWC in a 2 gal bucket,,roots were white..ans growing fast,,i think its because less water ..using the same air stone..less water has more oxygen in it..going to let the system cycle all night..i got real hard tap water..if there is a leak somewhere..the minerals in the water will plug it..i'll put a plant in one of the buckets tomorrow..in the cloner..out of 6 cuttings..1 died..4 got roots..1 is just hanging out...Eve has been out of restraints for 24 hrs..will get tied back down tomorrow...the 2nd JH seed don't want to grow..may have to start another one..i wanted to do a compare grow with the seeds..one in water..one in soil...the bagseed sprouts..going to do an approach graft when they get big enough..flower room got a 600w hps...veg room on a 400w cmh...clone/sprout room on cfls..that hash plant that was 300+ gr..wet..got jared up..dry weight was 105 grs..so ashamed...a long lonnnnng way from a lb...never had buds so light..oh well..i got plenty chances to improve..focus

i can help with the light question a little bit,

now the mh light provides the blue light needed for veg, outdoors in spring the sun is at a different angle in the sky so the plants get more of the blue spectrum from the sun so this gives the best growth for veg, so we replicate this indoors, however outdoors you have the full spectrum including uv so the plants dont get this indoors so we try and do the best we can,

now hps gives off the red spectrum, in the fall or flowering season the sun is lower in the sky and at a different angle so this gives the plants more of the red spectrum, so again we replicate this indoors by using hps,

now you can use hps and mh for both stages of growth, but you would get better results using hps for both veg and flower compared with using mh for both stages, the hps will produce more dense buds and bigger buds compared with the mh bulb, so if you was going to go with just 1 bulb for the whole grow then hps would be the way to go,

again we dont give the plants the full spectrum indoors we only give them the blue and red light by using mh or hps, led's are giving more of the full spectrum depending on the type of led you buy,

how ever if you can run both mh and hps bulbs in your light then this means you got a digital ballast, now they do sell dual spectrum bulbs, ive been using one ever since i got my hid light, my bulb is a 400 watt dual spectrum hps, they run a bit cooler than mh bulbs as far as im aware but the best thing is its good for both stages of growth as it provided both spectrums needed for both stages of growth, now the sun provides the full spectrum all the time but some colours are stronger at different times of the year, so using the dual spectrum bulb means the plant is getting the benefit of both bulbs during both veg and flower,

ive got nothing to compare my results to as ive only ever used a dual spectrum bulb as it came free with my hid light, but it was sold as a 400 watt hps grow light and they provided the sunmaster 400watt dual spectrum bulb as it was sold as having the best of both worlds and would produce better results for both veg and flower as the plant is getting more of the spectrum it needs.

if you run hps for veg your plants will tend to stretch more but growers use hps for both stages of growth if they only got 1 bulb just because the hps is best for flowering compared with the mh bulb, but both bulbs will grow and flower plants. i just find the dual spec bulb gives the plants the bets of both worlds, does it mean i get better results, its hard to tell id have to try a regular hps and regular mh bulb to know for sure, but im happy with the dual spec bulb and growth in veg is good with good node spacing and it also produces nice dense buds,

if you used mh for veg and flower then you would not produce the same quality as using hps, but the veg cycle would be better under mh as you would have less stretching, id like to try a regular mh and regular hps at some point but im happy with the results im getting so never tried changing to a none dual spec bulb,

cool no worries, ill be trying the mh and hps at some point, my bulb is a couple of years old now so it could really do with replacing, so ill possibly try a mh for veg and hps for flower but get a dual spec bulb as well in case the results are not as good as the dual spec bulb, a lot of people say the dual spec bulb is good and well worth having but not many people seem to use them, but think this has more to do with people getting either a mh free with their light or hps free with their light then they just buy the type they need,

Howz it Miwa? Ive been out of it for a while getting ready to start an organic White Widow and Pineapple Chunk grow soon, I havnt been on in a long time, just wanted stop by and see how things are going for you, and as usual looks great!

I am looking for suggestions on organics, I did one run FFOF and another Hydro run last go around, I really want to try my hand at organics. Im thinking Roots Organics soil, not sure what kind of nute schedule. I do want to try SubCools Super Soil, just don't have a month to wait for it to cook right now.

Anyhow, just wanted say Hello and am open to input on the roots organic soil or any other suggestions.

sub cools super soil is pretty amazing and you only need to water the plants from seed to harvest, a member called jon brewed up some super soil and is growing in it at the minute

more on this soil please

sub cools super soil is pretty amazing and you only need to water the plants from seed to harvest, a member called jon brewed up some super soil and is growing in it at the minute

Thanks Donpaul, I'm deffinately going to mix up the super soil been checking that out for about a month, I want to start growing something while the super soil is cooking. I live in Hawaii and am going to throw some pineapple chunk outdoors, can't wait to start growing again!

I will try to find Jon on here really want to do the super soil. :thanks:

more on this soil please

BAR, google subcools super soil. You follow his recipe and instructions for mixing and supposedly feed only water from the beginning to end
It's completely organic and the soil is reusable. From what I understand, because the goal is the create microbial life the soil gets better over time.

BAR, google subcools super soil. You follow his recipe and instructions for mixing and supposedly feed only water from the beginning to end
It's completely organic and the soil is reusable. From what I understand, because the goal is the create microbial life the soil gets better over time.
Thanxx

its great soil and plants seem to thrive in it, im sure one of our sponsors sell something similar, ill try and find out, not sure if it was scientific soils, but pretty sure i seen one of the sponsors selling soil that dont need nutrients at all,

but sub cools is basically living soil that gives the plants everything they need through the whole of their growing life, so from seed to harvest you give nothing but water, it takes a while to let it brew but once its ready you dont need to do anything else to it, you need to buy several products to mix it up but once its mixed you just let it brew or cure so the microbe life increases and the soil is then at its very best when its done and produces very nice plants, jon is running super soil at the minute so if you come across his journal then he mixed a batch up and used it for the grow he is growing now, sub cools produced his own strains that the seed sponsors sell so you can check them out as well as he has produced some very nice strains.

Good evening weed miwa and a Happy Munchday to ya. I bought a couple bags of Dr Earth garden soil the other day. It's a living soil, or so it says, so I'm going to try it next. About 16 a bag, 1.5 cu ft.

Back
Top Bottom