TheBlaze's Multi-Strain Grow In Coco & 600W HPS

re: TheBlaze's Multi-Strain Grow In Coco & 600W HPS

Nice selection Sol. Sativa, Hybrid and Indica. I've been wanting to grow SLH for a while but I'm a little wary of Greenhouse Seeds. That Double Black and Blue Venom sound great as well.

LA, is the blue venom a decent yielding strain? What do you think of G13 Labs in general? I have a freebie of theirs in this grow. The super skunk. It broke soil in just 1.5 days. Very vigorous and healthy. So far so good.

You are most welcome and invited to post a few pics of her up here. Would be keen to see what she looked like. I'm glad you approve of G13 as they have some nice strains and I've added a few of them to my wishlist on Bonza.

She was my first photo strain ever way back and the reason I came to 420! I used my altered timeframe bit that I found in the how to grow section here. 21.36 he's light and 12 dark for 2 weeks prime budding!
20130715_162238.jpg
20130715_162628.jpg
20130731_155935.jpg

Wow!! She was truly stunning, and 16 oz' is a massive yield. Thanks bud

Hey light thanks for sharing the pic, its good to know the blue venom's a nice strain to grow.

Blaze I don't think you should be wary of growing the SLH, I know greenhouse gets a bad rep from some but so do a lot of other breeders it seems. Obviously if my SLH turns to shit then its a different story lol! There's always gonna be differences of opinion & nay sayers. I also got some of their hawaiian snow which gets great reviews but Ill grow that another time.
:Namaste:

Just finished out a SLH, two weeks ago, and I was testing her last week. She's probably the best of the run. Very nice smoke, clear, UP, happy, and no drag.

She was easy to grow, and wasn't a crazy beast at all. She didn't give me a very heavy yield, but I've read that there are some heavier, stable girls to be found in a pack of 5 or 10, if you want to hunt. Totally worth the hunt, the smoke is bomb. :love:

You guys speak sense. I shouldn't buy into the negative hype, without trying it myself first. Super Lemon Haze is one of those Halo strains I just have to try my hand at.

Thanks Cannabi!

I'm busy with your journal now. Some beautiful plants in there.

UPDATE:

Day 12 since they broke the soil. Have a look at the difference in just 3 days! I love growing in coco.

20160118_070911.jpg

The 2 white rhinos are now the stars of the show, with the one pictured below slightly bigger than the other. They are almost identical in structure though. Nice stable genetics.
20160118_071202.jpg

Yeah agreed 100%. It bodes well that they are off to such a great start. There doesn't seem to be any divas in this group. It's still early days though.

Hey light thanks for sharing the pic, its good to know the blue venom's a nice strain to grow.

Blaze I don't think you should be wary of growing the SLH, I know greenhouse gets a bad rep from some but so do a lot of other breeders it seems. Obviously if my SLH turns to shit then its a different story lol! There's always gonna be differences of opinion & nay sayers. I also got some of their hawaiian snow which gets great reviews but Ill grow that another time.

I second that. I grew their SLH with HST and LST. One plant in my 2x3 cabinet. I cropped just over 8 oz in 9 weeks. It made the best edibles. Cool thing about SLH is its got just the right mix of Indica and sativa. Very good genetics. :thumb:

You guys have convinced me. As Tead said earlier, it is safe bet to get a strain that has been in a breeder's lineup for many years.

UPDATE

2 weeks since they broke the soil

Excuse the glare in the photo. The white rhinos are still leading the pack.

20160120_081527.jpg

From top left to bottom right: Super Skunk, Superb OG, Exodus Kush, White Rhino, White Rhino, Exodus Kush.

Damn Blaze those girls are just taking off! Your growth is awesome right out of the gates. I always seem to have a slow start and then take off right about first transplant.

SLH sounds like a good one to me too. I wasn't super happy with Greenhouse back a couple years ago with some of the autos, but others really got great yields out of them. I wonder if they just have more unpredictable phenos running around than others. I have heard some of the same talk on Barney's Farms and I can kinda see it. I have had seeds that were some of my worse and best come from the same group of seeds from them. That will sure cause different reviews depending on the mix of phenos you get.

Bob

Thanks for the kind words bob. This grow is more vigorous than the last. When I mixed my medium for this round, I charged it with calmag. It's the first time I've done that, and I could see a difference straight away. So I'll be doing that from now on with every grow. The one seedling broke ground just 1.5 days after planting into the nursery pots. I'm convinced it is the calmag. I'm sure I read somewhere that it helps with rooting.

The plants have stalled a little now though, as they are already root bound. So tonight I will transplant them into the 5 gal smartpots.

I have a similar opinion of GHS and Barneys Farm. I've had beans that just refused to germ from both of them, and then one great vanilla kush from Barneys that was some epic smoking gear. Really strong. I think however, that strains like SLH might be a little less hit and miss than their newer stuff. After all, strains like that helped put these guys on the map and have been around for a while. I will try my hand at SLH at some point.

My SLH is the runt of the litter, also showing nute stress more then sour diesel or Cinex. Also seeing few dead leaves from being left in cloning pot. I'll top her today with the rest and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom