1st Medical Grow, 3 Strains in 2x4 Hydrohut

Today's photoshoot of the ladies, June 16th, Day 23 of flowering...

Full tent view
DSC01986.JPG

Chemband's
DSC01987.JPG

University Hill's OG's
DSC01988.JPG

Blue Dragon's

DSC01989.JPG

My blue dragon twin towers.
DSC01991.JPG

Close up of Blue Dragon bud
DSC01992.JPG

Close up of Chemband bud
DSC019931.JPG

Close up of University Hill's OG bud
DSC01994.JPG

Side view of blue dragon canopy
DSC01995.JPG

Side view of Chemband canopy
DSC01996.JPG

Side view of University Hill's OG's
DSC019971.JPG

Nice side view of blue dragon nug
DSC019982.JPG

by triggers do you mean indications for harvest time or bloom stimulators and nutrients?

Hey Icemud! I was wondering about the indications you'll use for harvest. I had many questions/doubts and really stressed over my harvest and was wondering what you'll be looking for ie trich's/pistils/plant condition etc.. Nice pics! Looking good! :goodjob:

:peacetwo:

Yesterday June 16th I decided after some careful looking at my tent canopy, there was way too many fan leaves for the lower bud sites to receive any light. I carefully defoliated removing only large fan leaves that were blocking light from reaching the lower nodes. I didn't go overboard because I did not want to shock the plants, more than was necessary. I removed about 5-10% of the large fan leaves and wow!!! so many more budsites I never even knew were there!!!

While messing around with my plants, their lovely stink was all over my hands and wow!!! very potent smelling already...My blue dragon's really have a strong blueberry scent to them, and I even noticed that a few of the buds were beginning to purple!!!!

After much consideration about my 400w MH I decided yesterday to switch it out with my 400w HPS to add 15,000 extra lumens to my plants, especially high in the red area (Ushio bulb, opti red) I will leave this 400w HPS in for 2 weeks and then switch back to the MH.... The reason is studys show even though a MH will produce more resinous, higher thc buds, the yield is significantly lower than under a HPS, so taking the best of both worlds into consideration, I will use the HPS for the next 2 weeks to help thicken the buds, tighten up there structure. After the 2 weeks I will switch back to the MH for the final few weeks of budding to help increase trichome production and bud quality!!!

Here are the photo's for yesterday, June 16th, after the defoliation!!

Full tent view
DSC019991.JPG

blue dragon overview
DSC020002.JPG

Chemband overview
DSC020011.JPG

University Hill's OG overview
DSC020021.JPG

Close up of the University Hill's OG bud...look at all the trichomes already!!
DSC020031.JPG

Nice side shot of my Blue Dragons
DSC020041.JPG

Another close up of my Chemband bud
DSC020052.JPG

Another close up of my University Hill's OG bud
DSC02006.JPG

Another tent overview
DSC02007.JPG

Hey Icemud! I was wondering about the indications you'll use for harvest. I had many questions/doubts and really stressed over my harvest and was wondering what you'll be looking for ie trich's/pistils/plant condition etc.. Nice pics! Looking good! :goodjob:

Hey Macgyver..... since this is my first grow, I am still fairly new to this but overall I will be watching the trichomes and the pistils. I have been reading that depending on when the trichome's turn amber will determine if you get the more heady high or the couchlock type high. I prefer the heavier high so most likely I will be waiting until at least 1/2 of my trichomes are amber before flush and harvest.. I have a 30x lupe magnifier, but after just looking at some clinic bought buds, I noticed the 30x is not strong enough to see the trichomes clearly, so I will have to go buy a stronger magnifier first... I also will be using the guidelines that were given to me by the genetics lab I purchased my clones from.

My blue dragons are a 7 week flower finish, where as my Chemband and University hill's og's are supposed to be 9 to 10 week finishers. I will be using these guidelines to help also to time out my harvest.

Overall I am going to use all of these indicators as well as good judgement when I decide to pull. I can wait and be patient so I will not be pulling early as many do, I am in it to win it and want the best I can do for my 1st grow.... :)....

Any experienced growers who would like to help me out with the details of what worked for you, I am all ears!!

Here are today's photos for June 17th, Day 24 of flowering!!

Flash photo before lights came on
DSC020081.JPG

Another flash photo before lights started
DSC02009.JPG

Tent overview with light's warming up
DSC02010.JPG

Overview of Chemband's
DSC02011.JPG

Overview of Blue Dragon's
DSC02012.JPG

Overview of University Hill's OG's
DSC020131.JPG

Close up of my University Hill's OG
DSC020161.JPG

Tent overview with 400w HPS fired up
DSC020171.JPG

Side shot of my Blue Dragon bud
DSC02019.JPG

My blue dragon twin towers
DSC02020.JPG

Another side shot of my University Hill's OG's
DSC02021.JPG

Another side shot of my Chemband's
DSC02022.JPG

Tent/canopy side angle
DSC02023.JPG

Another blue dragon canopy shot
DSC02024.JPG

My University Hill's OG's
DSC02025.JPG

Chemband's
DSC020262.JPG

Blue dragon twin tower close up
DSC02028.JPG

University Hill's OG close up
DSC02030.JPG

Chemband close up
DSC02031.JPG

Tent overview
DSC02032.JPG

looks badd ass, you'll definitely have a good yeild!!! damn i cant wait till mines start, cause mines will prolly look just like this just not as big, cause my plants are growin like crazy and have tops everywhere, which reminds me to take another pic of them in the cab, buy yea good job brotha!!! :thumb:

Hey Macgyver..... since this is my first grow, I am still fairly new to this but overall I will be watching the trichomes and the pistils. I have been reading that depending on when the trichome's turn amber will determine if you get the more heady high or the couchlock type high. I prefer the heavier high so most likely I will be waiting until at least 1/2 of my trichomes are amber before flush and harvest.. I have a 30x lupe magnifier, but after just looking at some clinic bought buds, I noticed the 30x is not strong enough to see the trichomes clearly, so I will have to go buy a stronger magnifier first... I also will be using the guidelines that were given to me by the genetics lab I purchased my clones from.

My blue dragons are a 7 week flower finish, where as my Chemband and University hill's og's are supposed to be 9 to 10 week finishers. I will be using these guidelines to help also to time out my harvest.

Overall I am going to use all of these indicators as well as good judgement when I decide to pull. I can wait and be patient so I will not be pulling early as many do, I am in it to win it and want the best I can do for my 1st grow.... :)....

Any experienced growers who would like to help me out with the details of what worked for you, I am all ears!!

Sounds like your on it Ice. Like your approach and your willingness to wait the ladies out. Nice pics. Frosty is good :yummy: All looks well!. :goodjob: It gets tempting when you've worked hard at your grow to pull the harvest trigger. I struggled on my first harvest because I was over the 8-10 week time schedule and finally it came to almost 11 weeks! But happy I had waited when all was said and done.

question for you guys, rite before its gettin ready to show sex, on a female does it start with what looks like a baby calyx, a little tiny one, kinda looks almost looks like a ball but in the shape of a calyx?? let me know what you guys think, thanks.

Hey everyone!!! Sorry about the few day delay..things so far are looking great!! Thanks for all the kind encouragement!!!

Today: June 19th, Day 26 of Flowering..

On the 17th, I mixed up a nutrient mix and started it on bubble. Everything that I have been using was kept the same except now I am up to 5 gallons of water per feeding to make sure all the ladies get a good drink... I ran out of EarthJuice Grow so this batch, instead of the normal 120ml of grow, I only had 50ml so in contrast I upped my BioWeed by General Organics a double dose, 20ml for the 5 gal. Other than that, my Earthjuice line was mixed to the Reciculation amount (undercut to 4 gal amounts bloom, catalyst, micro, meta-k)(I usually always undercut recommended by a little) added 20ml Cal/Mag, 20ml BioRoot, 60ml Humic acid, 12ml Liquid carboload, 4tbsp molassass, 10ml of snow storm, 10ml of gravity and 20ml of my Naked "blue machine" fruit smoothy.

Today, the 19th, My mix was ready, 1051ppm and 4.8ph a little low for my liking but my soil so far has been doing an excellent job at buffering the ph so I went for it. The ladies were really dry today, used my cheepo moisture probe and it registered on the dry end 3/4 down...also noticed that it was rather hard pushing the probe down into the soil, so I know the roots are just packed into the soil...Thank you Myco mix!!!! lol

I also had a visit today from my master grow friend from Norcal, who grows nugs unlike any I have ever tasted, and actually turned me onto earthjuice in the first place. :) He really was impressed with what he saw with my grow and said I was doing an excellent job which made me feel great...even though he still refers to my grow as "the little project" compared to his massive greenhouses...lol... He gave me some good pointers though that would really increase my yield...

First he said that I should supercrop all of my University Hill's OG's and Chemband's since they were more lanky and were longer finisher's than my blue dragon's. He said even with the buds already in development it is not too late at 4 weeks to supercrop and that it will allow all the lower bud sites on the supercropped branch to grow upwards...almost in an "L" shape..So he helped me supercrop my plants, and also recommended that I remove any additional branches below my SCROG screen (lollipopping) as well as do a much heavier defoliation.

It was funny that he told me to defoliate because right before he came over I was reading a great article about defoliation and increasing yield...heres the link...

https://www.-----.com/ic/showthread.php?t=174163

He was telling me that I should count down 3 to 4 fan leafs down from the cola, and trim anything below that, unless it was not in the way of any lower budsites. He said its ok to go semi-heavy with it, as long as your no longer than 4 weeks into flower...

So today my ladies go there hair did...lol gave them a fine defoliation removing a good plastic shopping bag full of fans...they look beautiful now, all of the lower budsites are receiving tons of light and my canopy should breathe better now, less chance for PM or molds...after trimming and pruning today, my hands were really sticky, almost as if I rubbed up on the yellow sticky cards...but smelled great!!! My blue dragons smell like blueberry pankakes...really strong scent... My chembands have a very sweet, citrusy kushy smell, and my University OG's smell like a skunky, sweet, OG.

So far I couldn't ask for things to go better. I have noticed that since I switched out my 400w MH for the 400w HPS, the buds have really been getting a lot of girth, fattening quite a bit, but I did notice less trichome formation than when I had the MH running. I think I am going to run my HPS for another 2 weeks and then switch back to MH for final bloom...

Here are the photos for June 18th, Day 25 of flowering!!!!

Tent overview
DSC02033.JPG

Chemband's
DSC02034.JPG

Blue Dragon's
DSC02035.JPG

University Hill's OG's
DSC020361.JPG

Top view of Blue Dragon bud
DSC02037.JPG

Side view of blue dragon bud
DSC02038.JPG

Side view of University Hill's OG bud
DSC02039.JPG

Here are the photo's for June 19th, Day 26 of flowering, these were shot before I did the heavy defoliation and most of the supercropping. I will post the after photo's on next posting...

Tent overview
DSC02040.JPG

Chemband close ups this was the start of the supercrop..on top...
DSC02041.JPG

Chemband full view
DSC02042.JPG

Blue dragon full view
DSC02043.JPG

University Hill's OG full view
DSC020441.JPG

My Blue Dragon Twin tower close up
DSC02045.JPG

Another Blue Dragon close up
DSC02046.JPG

A chemband Close up
DSC020471.JPG

University Hill's OG close up
DSC020482.JPG

Here are the photo's for June 19th, Day 26 of flowering after supercropping and heavy defoliation.

One of my University Hill's OG's supercropped
DSC02049.JPG

Another shot of the University Hill's OG's suppercropped.
DSC020501.JPG

A different angle of University Hill's OG's after suppercropped
DSC020511.JPG

Since My blue dragon's were tight and very compact and even canopy, wasn't much room to supercrop the blue dragons, so I just did a test/experiment on one of them..
DSC020521.JPG

Another shot of my University Hill's OG's supercropped
DSC020531.JPG

A shot of some of the Chemband's supercropped
DSC020541.JPG

A full tent shot after heavy defoliation
DSC020551.JPG

Another angle of the canopy after heavy defoliation
DSC020561.JPG

A shot under the Scrog..still have to Lollipop tommorrow, Chemband right, blue dragon left
DSC020571.JPG

The other side of tent under Scrog screen, University hills left, Blue dragon right
DSC020581.JPG

A few more photos for June 19th, day 26 of flowering...after heavy defoliation and supercropping..

Blue dragon bud, notice the orange hairs and light purple color in cola
DSC020592.JPG

My chembands....starting to really swell up...there a 9 week finish so 5 more to go!!!
DSC020601.JPG

Side shot of my Blue dragon cola's (7 week finish)
DSC02061.JPG

Side shot of my University Hill's OG's (9-10 week finish)
DSC020622.JPG

Happy Father's day to all the great fathers out there!!! I know its a little late of a posting but its very much worth saying!!!

Thanks surfin!!! I am excited to watch your girls as well!!! We will all have to have a 420 mag, socal blaze session when there done!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom