Another Brix In The Wall: Sweet Pink Stink & Coked Out Girl Scout

So,I know,the lights out of 68 is good, is 82 too high for lights on? I can probably remedy that, just gotta turn my under rug heat off and maybe open a window.

I have reached just this side of 82f (No CO2) but thats about 1 inch above canopy, lower level temp (8" lower)
its 77f and have not noticed a problem but I insure it does not reach the 82 mark at top.

I wouldn't change anything. Plants look amazing!

Thanks Canad! :passitleft:

I have reached just this side of 82f (No CO2) but thats about 1 inch above canopy, lower level temp (8" lower)
its 77f and have not noticed a problem but I insure it does not reach the 82 mark at top.

I check temps at two spots too but these readings are from about the midpoint of the soil and canopy. The top of the canopy runs a few degrees higher.

Hey there Ween! Your ladies are looking pretty damn good man! Love the nice clean bud shots as well.
In regards to the leaves, I am a newb, but I looked back a few pages and didn't see you mention using Brix except of course today. How long you goin between foliar?

Thanks Daj! Funny. Idid not mention brixxing but did just do that, ha! I've been going 10-14 days between mostly because I saw a couple vet brixxers m mention they do that and it works for them.

I did the recharge and EWC at about week 2 so maybe the soil is going a little flat....? I'm hoping doc pops in, I think he'll say they look good but that I might want to do a super drench, if so, should I do plain water then super drench? Maybe I'm wrong and should do nothing like Canad suggested.

Thanks Canad! :passitleft:

I check temps at two spots too but these readings are from about the midpoint of the soil and canopy. The top of the canopy runs a few degrees higher.

Thanks Daj! Funny. Idid not mention brixxing but did just do that, ha! I've been going 10-14 days between mostly because I saw a couple vet brixxers m mention they do that and it works for them.

I did the recharge and EWC at about week 2 so maybe the soil is going a little flat....? I'm hoping doc pops in, I think he'll say they look good but that I might want to do a super drench, if so, should I do plain water then super drench? Maybe I'm wrong and should do nothing like Canad suggested.

I’d say they definitely look good!
If you could get that temp down a bit I bet that would help for sure. You’re probably running like 84-86ish on top of the canopy? Since the temp is 82 sometimes, halfway between soil and top... 10-14 sounds good, I do mine every 8 until they look like they don’t need it. Then I’ll do every 10 or so. I spray slightly diluted though, at around 6.5-7ml Brix to 8oz RO. I warm my foliar water a bit as well, To about 78-80f. I know I wouldn’t wannna be sprayed will cool water:eek:

They do not look terrible to me bud. If you feel you need a super drench then by all means do it. You could probably do a plain water in between. Doc has mentioned that later on in flower, just like in veg, he will sometimes drench two or three times in a row. Also your Veg girls are trucking! i feel like they were tiny just a couple of days ago.

I'm feeling a lot better about them today, either they frosted up some more since yesterday or I just didn't notice it so I took a bunch of pics. The 1st four are close ups of samples, some of which I think I posted already but I'm thinking of entering 1 into the photo contest.

Thanks Yeti! That does seem like the kind of pic that's been in the running so far. I really liked the close up of the seedling 1/2 way out of the soil last month, thought it was a sure fire winner. Gonna wait to enter and try to get some better pics but that Sweet Pink Stink is a contender. "Could've been a contender." Duggan......?

One thing stood out to me is you said your are doing 1/4 transplant. I do 1/4 transplant in veg and full strength transplant in flower - because that's the way I read Doc's instructions. I'll wait with you to see what the experts say.

Per Doc's suggestion, I try to keep flowering humidity in the 30s-40s range instead of the 40s-60s range. This time of year that means I overwater and leave the runoff to evaporate. In summer I run a dehumidifier. That said, I've never experienced problems with the humidity you have in flower.

I agree with Yeti, pic 6 is awesome! so is 7... hard to choose.
Beautiful ladies Ween!

Thanks Daj! For the photo contest, I feel like I need to do something a little artsy to stand out a bit but we'll see. I do like those two pics too. :yummy:

One thing stood out to me is you said your are doing 1/4 transplant. I do 1/4 transplant in veg and full strength transplant in flower - because that's the way I read Doc's instructions. I'll wait with you to see what the experts say.

Per Doc's suggestion, I try to keep flowering humidity in the 30s-40s range instead of the 40s-60s range. This time of year that means I overwater and leave the runoff to evaporate. In summer I run a dehumidifier. That said, I've never experienced problems with the humidity you have in flower.

For drenches I'm doing full TP in veg and bloom but in between watering I'm adding 1/4 trans most of the time. I'm pretty sure that's correct, I was closely following the dark/doc journal. Now for humidity, I'm not so sure, I've never seen the range of 30-40 for flower written before. Can someone confirm or deny this. If it's true, would having a dehuey near the tent help getting the rh down in the tent? Thanks Rad!

:passitleft:

Thanks Daj! For the photo contest, I feel like I need to do something a little artsy to stand out a bit but we'll see. I do like those two pics too. :yummy:

For drenches I'm doing full TP in veg and bloom but in between watering I'm adding 1/4 trans most of the time. I'm pretty sure that's correct, I was closely following the dark/doc journal. Now for humidity, I'm not so sure, I've never seen the range of 30-40 for flower written before. Can someone confirm or deny this. If it's true, would having a dehuey near the tent help getting the rh down in the tent? Thanks Rad!

I keep humidity at 50 to 60 RH Veg and 40 to 50 RH Flower. Interested to hear DB's response
would be great if I could go lower in flower, I could eliminate the Humidifier all together if I can

1/4 transplant in between full TP and full Bloom makes sense. I need my plants to be growing more strongly before I try that. - I believe you have it right.

- - -

I spoke somewhat eliptically when I typed "30s-40s" - "in the thirties and the forties" - which is within one degree of saying 30-50% range.

The FIRST thing I do when I enter the room each day is flip on the stereo and check my 24-hour high/low RH meter for the flower area. If the high and low numbers start with a 3 or 4, I"m happy and I look at the plants, checking watering, feeding, shaping, etc.

When I see my high/low RH number start with anything else, I stop and think about whether I need to make an adjustment.
Yesterday my flower RH had a low of 16% RH. I had skipped checking on the plants the day before due to a morning apointment that led into a full day of activity. Since I was a day late watering, 16% was because the standing water had fully evaporated, so nothing to fix except remember to check the plants every day :)

so..... long explanation shorthened - 30-50% RH was what I meant to say :cool:

I keep humidity at 50 to 60 RH Veg and 40 to 50 RH Flower. Interested to hear DB's response
would be great if I could go lower in flower, I could eliminate the Humidifier all together if I can

Sounds just about perfect Gazoo! Mine does get a little high at lights out so maybe. I need to speed my exhaust fan up,a,bit. Otherwise it's right in the zone. If I get in the low 30's that is because my Huey ran outta water which is not,often.

Looks awesome! Seeing some great result with the kit like this makes me wanna get one now haha! Nice journal, I learn some nice stuff here!

Hey Wizz! Welcome to my garden! Glad you picked a few things up. I tend to ask a bunch of questions, rather err on the side of caution. I wrote this the other day in another journal so copied an d pasted here to give you some brixxer names for journals to seek out, My main nspiration to find and switch to the Kit was Shiggity Flip and his rediculous fost covered plants, then kept finding more and more like that. In case you are not aware just to mention a few Kit growers that will help you decide with a look at their results, of course Doc, Duggan, Stage, Buckshot, Colorodo Kid, the Dealer, Born420, Darkscotia, Radogast, the GreenYeti, Overlord, Neikodog, Gazoo, newbies like Dajerm, CannaDad, Rich Farmer, eggsman and Lady Gaea are killing it. There ar so many more, sorry if I left you out.

1/4 transplant in between full TP and full Bloom makes sense. I need my plants to be growing more strongly before I try that. - I believe you have it right.

- - -

I spoke somewhat eliptically when I typed "30s-40s" - "in the thirties and the forties" - which is within one degree of saying 30-50% range.

The FIRST thing I do when I enter the room each day is flip on the stereo and check my 24-hour high/low RH meter for the flower area. If the high and low numbers start with a 3 or 4, I"m happy and I look at the plants, checking watering, feeding, shaping, etc.

When I see my high/low RH number start with anything else, I stop and think about whether I need to make an adjustment.
Yesterday my flower RH had a low of 16% RH. I had skipped checking on the plants the day before due to a morning apointment that led into a full day of activity. Since I was a day late watering, 16% was because the standing water had fully evaporated, so nothing to fix except remember to check the plants every day :)

so..... long explanation shorthened - 30-50% RH was what I meant to say :cool:

Hey Rad! I think we're on the same page for rh. 1/4 trans is an option and I've been doing it more then not as of late and I think they like it. I was hesitant at first but following Darks journal had me feeding pretty heavy from the get go, like 30ml of trans for,their first drench dunked in about 2.5 gallons of water. That's all 3 plants in 1's. In the 15's I've been feeding 30ml of drench per plant plus about 1ml of tea all in 2 gallons of water, my "runt" gets closer to 1 gallon and slightly less drench/tea because she drinks slower.

So,I know,the lights out of 68 is good, is 82 too high for lights on? I can probably remedy that, just gotta turn my under rug heat off and maybe open a window.
I wouldn't change anything. Plants look amazing!
Hey ween,...no worries with those numbers. 68 and 82 is very good sir!
What Dealer said....don't mess with anything....:high-five:....:passitleft:...a little BCP....smooth ..like silk ...:thumb:

Sounds just about perfect Gazoo! Mine does get a little high at lights out so maybe. I need to speed my exhaust fan up,a,bit. Otherwise it's right in the zone. If I get in the low 30's that is because my Huey ran outta water which is not,often.

Hey Wizz! Welcome to my garden! Glad you picked a few things up. I tend to ask a bunch of questions, rather err on the side of caution. I wrote this the other day in another journal so copied an d pasted here to give you some brixxer names for journals to seek out, My main nspiration to find and switch to the Kit was Shiggity Flip and his rediculous fost covered plants, then kept finding more and more like that. In case you are not aware just to mention a few Kit growers that will help you decide with a look at their results, of course Doc, Duggan, Stage, Buckshot, Colorodo Kid, the Dealer, Born420, Darkscotia, Radogast, the GreenYeti, Overlord, Neikodog, Gazoo, newbies like Dajerm, CannaDad, Rich Farmer, eggsman and Lady Gaea are killing it. There ar so many more, sorry if I left you out.

Hey Rad! I think we're on the same page for rh. 1/4 trans is an option and I've been doing it more then not as of late and I think they like it. I was hesitant at first but following Darks journal had me feeding pretty heavy from the get go, like 30ml of trans for,their first drench dunked in about 2.5 gallons of water. That's all 3 plants in 1's. In the 15's I've been feeding 30ml of drench per plant plus about 1ml of tea all in 2 gallons of water, my "runt" gets closer to 1 gallon and slightly less drench/tea because she drinks slower.

oops...

Back
Top Bottom