BID 4.0 - Hydro - Autos - JDL - DWC Bubble Buckets - Shootout

Re: BID 4.0 - Hydro - Autos - JDL - DWC Bubble Buckets - Blue Planet Nutrients Shooto

Check this one out strait from seed to flower showed f on the fourth put back into veg have had some defoliate to get light in the middle no topping just serious LST this is going to be my out side girl going to try and make it just keep circular around and around we go ha ha
20130328_153718.jpg
20130328_153840.jpg

Re: BID 4.0 - Hydro - Autos - JDL - DWC Bubble Buckets - Blue Planet Nutrients Shooto

Check this one out strait from seed to flower showed f on the fourth put back into veg have had some defoliate to get light in the middle no topping just serious LST this is going to be my out side girl going to try and make it just keep circular around and around we go ha ha
Here's something I found if you wanna go round and round:cheesygrinsmiley:

LST3611.jpg

Wow! I've never seen anything like that. I've only seen 2 types of hermies. The kind that spits 'nanners' out of buds, usually towards the end of flower, and another kind where the male flowers grow somewhat normally, but kind of at the base of the buds. It's always been mostly female though.

Maybe none of us flower enough males to see that they hermie too? I just don't see how a male would be prone to that. They don't have the same pressure as the females. The male never knows if he's successfully fertilized a female, so it's not like the randy bitches that have been flowering for 9 weeks and decide to take matters into their own hands.

Anyway, those are some very interesting pictures. I think you're nuts BID. I wouldn't want to try and work with those genetics, but I guess I can also see the intellectual curiosity aspect. I just don't see any advantage to that particular mutation. :winkyface:
lol well i may be nuts but im also a curious mad scientist type, sometime you just have to "know" if for no other reason than to learn what not to do,im not a commercial grower i dont need or even want massive amounts of bud,so i can indulge my self on these kinds of things, i have read quite abit on this subject, and if mobudds has a herm that was male and then developed female basically a male hermie, well that is the most rare of all and some breeders look long and hard for one, some see them often, i have been wanting one to mess with but i have not had one in a year or more lol guess my enviros are to stress free ,, according to a well-known breeder DJ Short, male plants that are hermies (producing female flowers) will breed to produce potent pot! (i wish i had saved the article) but when playing with hermies you allways run the risk of producing hermies, i will play with them just for fun
heres some pic of a "perfect" hermie i had a while back it grew equal amounts of male and female flowers, i destroyed them there were 2 but i did get a half dozen seeds and all grew into female plants that did not hermie and was the strrongest trailor trash version i have created, (this was from the sativa dom type ) i have 4 versions of trailor trash but the hermies have not shown up again in that version but the potency stayed (now in f4) so in my possibly unique situation it worked out to the good thus far, heres the pics
ud9_120111_14_.jpg
1205111638.jpg
1205111636.jpg
1205111637.jpg
1205111637a.jpg

and this is what the seeds from it produced when i went 12/12 from seed

DSCI0604.JPG
DSCI0599.JPG
DSCI06001.JPG
DSCI0606.JPG
DSCI06571.JPG
DSCI06591.JPG
,, so it is possible to have good results when working with freaky deaky muntants but i sure as hell make no guarntees or even recommend anyone do it expecting the same results i may have just gotten lucky, but it is fun to see what happens!
Ya I went strait from seed to 12/12 like I have always done reg seeds I get a little above the 50/50 average m/f on the female side but in tens years off and on growing never seen anything like it and it showed female a week before male but only on top its so crazy I have to see what it does
hell yeah why not? just keep it in exile from your other non freakaziod plants, no uncontrolled pollinating lol
keep me posted on the progress and results:thumb::cheer:

B.I.D. , fellow growers of seed, and consumers of cannabis. I have recently discovered the health benefits of eating and juicing raw cannabis. Consuming in this way allows you to have a higher therapeutic dose of CBD , and THCa (THC) in its non psychoactive form, and thus not pass out from too much THC . The people who are doing this need LOTS of seed, preferably the high CBD varieties, but high THC varieties are o.k. too. If you want to make a living on seeds this is the way to go. There will be an ever increasing demand as more patients grow just for veg. I like to stay ahead of the curve .:peace:
Now for a bowl of purps, yes I smoke it still, I like the balance of raw THCa and THC. Feeling groovy:hippy:
yup yup yup what does not end up in the worm bin,or butter bag, goes into the juicer for a green drink!
so are you saying they are using the seeds in juice or just that they need seeds for growing? if i were them id do an occasional seed run with a couple big females and full pollination,,,my seeds stay in my cooler for me, im to greedy to share:thumb:
20130328_153718.jpg
20130328_153840.jpg
thats cool i did one like that a long time ago made a spiral for 2 months and after the flip i had a hedge bush,unfortunatly i was using cfl's and my yeild was weak but with a good light it would have been stellar
:thumb::thumb:

B.I.D. ,they need them for growing. Pound for pound seeds cost more, and as more people grow from seed just to harvest 10 to 14 days later, One plant a day,more seeds will be needed. At 10 to 14 days of development, the male and female have about the same levels of cannabinoids when consumed raw. So most won't have the need to grow a monster bush. Just a perpetual garden of fresh sprouts from seed. planted one week after the other. Nute and light requirements would also be low:circle-of-love:
My math is fracked , damn purps

Hi B.I.D.

Just saw your post on hermies, and wondered if you could come take a look in my journal (in the sig) One of our grow brothers might have gotten hold of a hermie, sure looks like it! He needs some good advice. :peace:

I think that pic is the one I got the idea from I've gone over so many journals since I started again they all kind of join together

Quote for Today:
“Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.”
― Bob Marley

Ok I am so happy I wanted to share my great news with everyone. I just finished up a technical writing class...in this class I had to create a HIPAA policy and procedure manual for the health information management department....FINAL GRADE A yes I said A!!!!!!

did a lil cloning today after topping my gdp gal last night, and decided to see how my phone does for pics, and thought id share my current method
first is the stuff i use for the job
root plugs of course, root powder,trimmers,blade,hand sanitizer for me tools and work surface,superthrive and gel (i wont buy more its un nesessary) red solo cups (never without)
IMG_20130327_135930.jpg
i put a drop or 2 ST in tap water and add an airstone
IMG_20130327_140025.jpg
IMG_20130327_140009.jpg
i float the potential clones in the cup
IMG_20130327_140113.jpg
IMG_20130327_143821.jpg
prepping the big clone i will cut at an angle and lightly scuff the bottom inch and put a split up the stem about 1/4 of an inch
dip the root plug in the aerated ST water, dip the clone lightly in the root powder and jam it into the gel filled plug (last of the gel)
IMG_20130327_143856.jpg
IMG_20130327_144516.jpg
IMG_20130327_144424.jpg
IMG_20130327_145021.jpg
IMG_20130327_150953.jpg
IMG_20130327_151102.jpg
thats it now we wait,
heres the male and pollen i have been collecting from him, and the balls i pulled off the other ones that are revegging
IMG_20130327_123757.jpg
IMG_20130327_124108.jpg
IMG_20130327_124016.jpg

I sure could use one of those GDP cuts once there clones. I did start the GDP seeds tonight but after a phone call from my 3rd prospective patient she's a para pelagic and looking for a pure indica type medicine. I'll ttys bfam, not sure if you got my message about have zero texts left.

doing the spiral main trunk is fun. That's how I started training my current batch. It doesn't actually end up like the picture though. As you keep bending the main top down, the branches below it gain dominance, and the main top grows slower. You have to keep training the secondary branches and allow the main top to maintain itself as the "main top". Those secondaries will start branching up too though, so it's still an effective technique.

It IS a great way to make bushes, and a lot of fun. Unless you're trying to do it to 20+ plants! :biglaugh:

doing the spiral main trunk is fun. That's how I started training my current batch. It doesn't actually end up like the picture though. As you keep bending the main top down, the branches below it gain dominance, and the main top grows slower. You have to keep training the secondary branches and allow the main top to maintain itself as the "main top". Those secondaries will start branching up too though, so it's still an effective technique.

It IS a great way to make bushes, and a lot of fun. Unless you're trying to do it to 20+ plants! :biglaugh:

I tried it to. I super croped the lower branches to slow them down and pinched the tip off of each branch when they got tall enough to effect light to the top of the plant.:peace:

Hey bid question if I may. Whens best time to pollinate? I have a plant has about 4 weeks to go could I pollinate it and get good seed s and I have the twisty on that has just started to reveg but has pistuals could I pollinate a few of them as well. Two part question I guess and as always thanks.

Hey bid question if I may. Whens best time to pollinate? I have a plant has about 4 weeks to go could I pollinate it and get good seed s and I have the twisty on that has just started to reveg but has pistuals could I pollinate a few of them as well. Two part question I guess and as always thanks.
most strains need about 3~4 weeks to produce good seeds so at 4 wks on an 8+ wk strain is perfect i have gotten to where i let them go till seeds start to fall out of the bud,you get lots of huge dark tiger striped beans. as for twisty i wouldnt pollinate a revegging plant good seeds are unlikely before its in full veg mode, hope that helps:thumb:

I tried it to. I super croped the lower branches to slow them down and pinched the tip off of each branch when they got tall enough to effect light to the top of the plant.:peace:
its a little tricky but if you keep on it you can get a decent twist/spiral going but it takes time persistance and lots of attention ,it took me 2 months to get around the pot twice with all tops being even.good yeild tho think it was 4 zs with cfls i have no pics ,i was not registered here then just a lurker following about 10 journals lol

Thanks for the reply I think I have just enough time to hit up one if the girls +reps

Hey bid and everyone is welcome to chime in I will be upgrading my lighting in flower going from tge 430watt to 1000 would like inpute on a good light JD has some good combos I will have about $1000 for the light lesaning twards the 1000 w dimmable with the mag xxxl hood aany other suggestions would help as this is the most money I've dropped in here in five years thanks again

Back
Top Bottom