Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

I think a great project would be to graft onto a reversed male root stock. Then all those nanners would be dropping fem pollen and you could make several varieties of feminized seeds at once in a relatively small space by simply isolating the grafted plant and letting it do it's thing.

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

Next clone repot, Custard Cream Clone #3.
She will be named something that is opposite of "insensitive". Maybe Sensi-Tiv? LOL I'll keep thinking. This is good therapy.

She has been topped and is growing very nicely. Enjoying the warm morning outside in the breeze as well:

Custard_Cream_Clone_31.jpg

I think a great project would be to graft onto a reversed male root stock. Then all those nanners would be dropping fem pollen and you could make several varieties of feminized seeds at once in a relatively small space by simply isolating the grafted plant and letting it do it's thing.

Are you trying to keep me busy? LOL

Actually....not a bad idea my friend. I wish I hadn't destroyed that she/he/she after I harvested. Dang!!!

:circle-of-love:

So, I have 4 seedlings in the back bathroom which I took great pains recently to lay some carpet in that I had saved in the basement.
It's a nice light beige-ish color, looks really nice in there and will help that floor from being cold in the winter. Yup....the clones are sitting on an old TV tray with the desk lamp above them. I went to moving things around for the repotting project a bit ago and knocked one over. Black dirt all over that nice pretty beige carpet.

So, now I have another reason not to scream "WTF??!!" :laugh:

The day WILL get better.

:peacetwo:

Edit: I saved the seedling. Appears to be no harm done. YEY!

I'm hoping your day gets better. I got one item checked off my list today so I'm getting on with more stuff. It looks like you keep moving forward in spite of little accident.

Thanks Jim, I took care of my frustration by leaving the source of it. I have much better things to concentrate on. LOL

The little accident is going to be a mess to clean up, and I have to wait. It's going to do more harm than good trying to clean that black dirt off the carpet while it's damp dirt.

I'll check your thread to see what you checked off. I keep waiting for more rain here today, but all I keep getting is that danged beautiful, wonderful sunshine thing. It's curious....I keep looking at it. And it's warm......

All hail sunshine. Today and yesterday were the first sunny days in two weeks. Summer is coming.

All Hail!!!

Dang Shiggity! I wish I had known, I could have sent you a nice can of Michigan sunshine. We started with beautiful weather right about last Friday I believe.
Enjoy it for sure!

I'm heading back out to clear an outbuilding of some thorny overgrowth so I can open the doors on it and disturb a nice big hornet's nest. (I'm predicting. LOL) This might make a lovely grow building if I clean it out.......

Step one.....locate the building:

shed_3.jpg

Step two....survey the area for critters.
Hmmmm.....what's that little out of place black dot on the door?

Shed_1.jpg

Yepper, just what I suspected I would run into. That's a Bald faced hornet, and they are mean azzed critters that take a chunk when they sting and keep stinging repeatedly.

shed_2.jpg

Step three....carefully put the hedge trimmers into each thorn bush and cut away, then rake a little at a time so as not to disturb the bees:

shed_4.jpg

Well, there's the plastic wash tubs that I couldn't find this spring. LOL And the bike rack I was going to put in the garage sale.

Soooo....I'm sure there is a hornet's nest in there. I've never tried it, but would it work to throw a couple of those bug bomb units in there and close the doors? Would they leave or die?

I want to make use of this shed for plants, I believe it's 10' x 10', or at least 8' x 8'

They do have hornet specific bombs but I have no experience with them, only the spray foam. If it were me I would wait until night time to make sure they are all there. Hopefully you can locate the nest during the day. If you can then at nighttime one of those concentrated sprays will do the trick. I would wear a second pair of loose jeans and a couple sweatshirts under a jacket and also gloves. Duct tape any openings or junctions like boots and pants. They have anti insect hats at Wallystore. Give the best a thorough soaking and hit the hole in the nest the most. Come back a few days later and repeat. "Bee" ready to run.

Or just offer a friend some buds to take care of it!

They do have hornet specific bombs but I have no experience with them, only the spray foam. If it were me I would wait until night time to make sure they are all there. Hopefully you can locate the nest during the day. If you can then at nighttime one of those concentrated sprays will do the trick. I would wear a second pair of loose jeans and a couple sweatshirts under a jacket and also gloves. Duct tape any openings or junctions like boots and pants. They have anti insect hats at Wallystore. Give the best a thorough soaking and hit the hole in the nest the most. Come back a few days later and repeat. "Bee" ready to run.

Or just offer a friend some buds to take care of it!

I definitely like that last idea best! :laugh:

I could not see the nest from outside the building (I used the rake to jiggle the door open). I could hear them, and a couple flew out when I raked the door open. This tells me they built in the same place they did a few years ago, above the door in a corner. The only way to get to the nest to spray it is to be actually inside the building. Trapped..... NO way! LOL

I'll wait until very early morning when they are less active and more docile to see if I can actually locate the nest.

I'm going to look around on Ace hardware sites and see if there is a Hornet/Wasp bomb that can be used. Thanks for that idea too!

I have been attacked by these things before, felt like I got beat up with baseball bats. {{shudder}}

Around here we have a Bee man come and take the bees away. They use the venom from the stingers to help MS. But I'm not sure if these bees are the right bees. Just a call away and those little Bast*rds can "Maybe" help people instead of hurt them.:Namaste:

YES.........I don't like those kinds of bees. :thedoubletake:

Around here we have a Bee man come and take the bees away. They use the venom from the stingers to help MS. But I'm not sure if these bees are the right bees. Just a call away and those little Bast*rds can "Maybe" help people instead of hurt them.:Namaste:

YES.........I don't like those kinds of bees. :thedoubletake:

They do have venom that burns, but I haven't read anywhere yet where it is a kind that is used to help.
I'll do a little more digging, if I find that it is.....they could come out here every year and take down a huge nest or two. LOL

BTW, check your email from EARLIER today for the "session".

Hugs Brother dear!

They do have venom that burns, but I haven't read anywhere yet where it is a kind that is used to help.
I'll do a little more digging, if I find that it is.....they could come out here every year and take down a huge nest or two. LOL

BTW, check your email from EARLIER today for the "session".

Hugs Brother dear!

Read & returned

:ciao: Partner...

:thumb:

When it comes to bees I am worse then a little girl, I scream and run for my life,,,, literally I am allergic to bees and we apparently have no love for each other. Have you tried asking them to leave? I hate to see any living creature killed,I bet they would leave if you asked REALLY nice :cheesygrinsmiley:

When it comes to bees I am worse then a little girl, I scream and run for my life,,,, literally I am allergic to bees and we apparently have no love for each other. Have you tried asking them to leave? I hate to see any living creature killed,I bet they would leave if you asked REALLY nice :cheesygrinsmiley:

And if that doesn't work, I like that stuff that shoots a stream for about 20 feet :thumb:

Nah, that doesn't work. Apparently they think this is their heritage property and their ancestors claimed it first. I do believe they are right. :laugh:

And if that doesn't work, I like that stuff that shoots a stream for about 20 feet :thumb:

That stuff saved my cookies one day for sure. I was sitting so peacefully on my pond deck enjoying the summer breeze and these brats kept irritating my personal space. I watched one, it went up over my head...and there was the big azzed nest hanging on a tree branch about 4 feet directly above me. It was almost hidden in the leaves.
I removed myself from the area and got the "shooter" can. LOL

Good news, I went out to the shed just at daybreak and carefully peeked in. The nest is accessible with a "shooter" can if I'm really steady and ready to run. I don't have to step inside. It's fairly small yet, they have apparently not been under construction too long.
Woo Hoo!

Thanks guys.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom