Cannafan's Variety Grow - Blueberry Gum/Delicious CC/Hawaiian Skunk Haze/THC Bomb

Re: Cannafan's Variety Grow-Blueberry Gum-Delicious CC-Hawaiian Skunk Haze-THC Bomb e

Congrats Partner & like Tassie said, "Stop downplaying your photography skills"

Re: Cannafan's Variety Grow-Blueberry Gum-Delicious CC-Hawaiian Skunk Haze-THC Bomb e

I own a Hydrofarm Active Eye 30X jewelers Loupe, Carson Optical MicroMax LED Microscope 60x-100x and a 25X-200X Magnifier USB Digital Microscope Video Camera that I use to take trichome photographs.

Thanks John, I have the same loupe as you. Love that light on it.
I will check into the USB Microscope. I think mine is 2.0 MP, but I am searching for a different style.
Appreciate the info!

:circle-of-love:

Thanks folks!

TassieD...you need some meds! :) There is an amazing difference in the density and fatness of these buds compared to what I have previously harvested, so I'm completely sold on the LED. The T5 is nice, but I don't think the buds would have been as nice as these.

I'm going to start calling you chipmunk, I like them better than squirrels. Squirrels are sneaky, chipmunks are comical like you. :circle-of-love:

Okay, I'm still playing around with that USB microscope of mine. This time I taped the jewelers loupe to the end. We'll see how these pics look. I was trying to get the amber trichomes.....

11-22_2.jpg

11-22_3.jpg

11-22_1.jpg

Edit: still not clear enough, but I'm gettin' there. Not much I can do with a unit that is only 3 or 4 MegaPixels. This may be as good as it gets with that thing. :)
I have the same microscope and it blows.... I don't have near the photography skills you do but it just ain't a very good microscope..:thedoubletake: Congrats on what looks like an awesome harvest.... Hope Mom is feeling much better and that the roads have stayed clear for ya to get there..... Have a wonderfully blessed Sunday.......:circle-of-love:
Thanks John, I have the same loupe as you. Love that light on it.
I will check into the USB Microscope. I think mine is 2.0 MP, but I am searching for a different style.
Appreciate the info!

:circle-of-love:
I have the same loupe too but think I am going to break down and get the better scope... Like ya say there is just so much you can do with that few of pixels......:circle-of-love:

I germed three more of the Hawaiian Skunk Haze seeds, and two of them popped so far. :) Might get a plant out of these seeds yet. LOL

Now, here's a question for ya'll.

If a root is exposed to light, but not air (it's underground sort of. LOL)....will it die or will it continue growing? :)

I have a reason for that question, just want to have some fun with opinions/thoughts. :)

I'd like to hear the answer to that myself Partner. By the way, I tossed the boy this morning. It was starting to drop pollen & my fear of stray pollen got the best of me. So for all that read the method proposed on this thread to isolate males in cleaner's plastic, it works.

Start here

I'd like to hear the answer to that myself Partner. By the way, I tossed the boy this morning. It was starting to drop pollen & my fear of stray pollen got the best of me. So for all that read the method proposed on this thread to isolate males in cleaner's plastic, it works.

Start here

Well, sorry to hear that....however it's probably a wise choice. You've got a lot of time and effort into those girls, and being in the same room would be too much anxiety. Best to wait until you can absolutely isolate a male from the girls. Maybe in the spring. :)

Great trich shots :) With the roots I'm guessing fine ones will be pruned & larger ones will be fine, I am only guessing though :)

Congratulations on your harvest Cannafan, love the "Bonzi" look. Hey Sista, I have a question for ya.

Do you have your usb microscope on a stand or to you take from the plant to get the shot?

Congratulations on your harvest Cannafan, love the "Bonzi" look. Hey Sista, I have a question for ya.

Do you have your usb microscope on a stand or to you take from the plant to get the shot?

Hey dear brother,
I usually set the microscope on it's stand and use a small bud. I move the bud in or out to get the focusing right, or as best I can. No way to do it on the plant because of the movement at this magnification. Even breathing close to the plant causes the slightest movement and that is also magnified. LOL

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Mom is doing well, her therapy team is very happy with her progress. :) We're hoping she will be home for Christmas. :cheer:

My dear friend Cannafan, the bud inducing, Colas securing queen of the self endorsed bean adventures :) May your meds and moments both be merry and marvelous! :)

There's the wordy side of LA! LOL Hope yours are the same my friend. :)

I've got a surprise for the thread today. ;-)

From Seed To Seedling Time Lapse Video

Okay, now I can tell you why I asked the question about whether roots would die if exposed to light but not open air.
I planted a seed in a clear glass right on the edge of the glass so it could be seen, then set the camera for time lapse to see if it would grow. I planted another seed in another glass and set it for the same.
You can see when watching the video how the tap root grows searching for moisture and as it finds it the root puffs up. Then the plant comes out of the shell and grows upward while the root is still searching downward for the water.
I did better with this video than my previous attempts and the new time lapse camera is working out well. Next video will be set up so I don't have to fuss with any lighting as I go. I changed the lighting on this one to get a whiter light and get it more above to get the plants to reach.
So without further yakking...here's the vid. I hope this one allows full screen, that's best. Sometimes it doesn't allow it. If you click on "watch on youtube" at the bottom of the vid, then you can choose full screen.

[video=youtube;sdbS_h59Ri0]
[/video]

Good God, Canna!

I felt like I was in church watching that!!! Outstanding and just wonderful. You made my day, thank you!

awesome video and photos :thanks:

Awesome Canna,

Put a big smile on my face watching them.

Loved how everything above ground happened in the last...what..minute odd? WOW, Just wow!

Thanks so much for taking the time and the effort to do it mate, and to include us too! :)

Back
Top Bottom