CaptainLucky's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow 2023

This was my reasoning for adding the Cal-Mag. I had remembered incorrectly that @Jon was discussing it you @InTheShed aka Shedster. I guess I should have double checked before adding it to be sure it was RX and not Remo. CL🍀

IMG_4191.png

"Coco coir is a great growing medium for many reasons, but one of the downsides is that it can be difficult to maintain proper nutrient levels. This is because coco coir has a very high cation exchange capacity (CEC), which means it binds tightly to nutrients and makes them unavailable to plants. This is why it's so important to use a cal-mag supplement when growing in coco coir - without it, your plants will likely suffer from nutrient deficiencies."
Source

"Coco coir is a great growing medium for many reasons, but one of the downsides is that it can be difficult to maintain proper nutrient levels. This is because coco coir has a very high cation exchange capacity (CEC), which means it binds tightly to nutrients and makes them unavailable to plants. This is why it's so important to use a cal-mag supplement when growing in coco coir - without it, your plants will likely suffer from nutrient deficiencies."
Source
Learned something new today mucho gracious amigo. CL🍀

:morenutes::welcome:Journal Update: My @Canuk Seeds ladies are being flipped today. I had to rearrange things in order to make it possible so will be day 1 of flipped. My Durban n Chemdog are going to have a longer veg. I fed the Canuks till runoff with lower ec Prescription Blend. The other 2 will get water as needed. Happy growing n stay vigilant. Here’s a pic or two from today. CL🍀 :thanks:

IMG_4201.jpeg

IMG_4202.jpeg

IMG_4203.jpeg

IMG_4200.jpeg

Are those yo yos I see in the picture? Would you recommend them? I currently have my two girls tied up with fishing line :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm looking for a better alternative.
I highly recommend them, they adjust and lock to however you set them. CL🍀

No pre-flip thinning? And will you be schlepping the bigger two in and out of there or just leaving them in the closet?

Weird how much greener those front two are.
The bigger two are in the tent for the duration but since the Canuks are much lighter they are in the closet. When I mix the next batch of PB I’m gonna lower the N and see if that helps. CL🍀 edit: there’s still time for thinning. I have timers set so they had to go now.

:welcome::morenutes:Journal Update: I did some thinning on my Canuk girls and I watered till runoff my Durban n Chemdog #4. I topped one of my AG even though I wasn’t going to. The Canuks didn’t need any feeding today. That’s about all for now but please remember to vote in the this month’s contests and vote for your favorite entries for the yearly contests to. Happy growing n stay warm. Here’s a few updated pics from today. CL🍀 :thanks:

IMG_4228.jpeg

IMG_4229.jpeg

IMG_4230.jpeg

IMG_4227.jpeg

IMG_4226.jpeg

IMG_4219.jpeg

IMG_4222.jpeg

IMG_4216.jpeg

IMG_4217.jpeg

IMG_4218.jpeg

Sorry, that makes no sense to me....

Start your level canopy Now !

Supercropping is much more stressful than a simple tie down.

But if done properly even super cropping does no harm ;)

Cheers
Sometimes I don’t make much sense to myself either but I think it’s gonna be fine. Happy growing and thanks for sharing your experience. CL🍀. :thanks:

Sometimes I don’t make much sense to myself either but I think it’s gonna be fine. Happy growing and thanks for sharing your experience. CL🍀. :thanks:
Okay !

But, consider this...

If you cut off the first node and train your branches sideways until the plant is ~ 24" wide before flipping to flower, lollipop the bottom third, remove any branches that won't make it up to the top you could have a canopy with nothing but Large buds.

Or an out of control bush with a large percentage of larf/popcorn buds that takes hours of trimming.

Using this system I usually don't spend more than a half hour to wet trim and another half hour to buck the buds off the branches !

Cheers, eh ?

Back
Top Bottom