Looks pretty breezy under there but it's really hard to say which ones should have stayed if any. If there are some lower branches you want to keep but the fans are blocking airflow, you can take the fans off except for the ones that are right at the flower.
:oops: they were sort of spindly and tangled looking. I'm regretting it now. Should I have taken more leaves and left the branches perhaps?

Perhaps, but that's for the next time. Every plant teaches you something about the next one, unless it's yellowing leaves in flower. :)
Yellowing leaves in flower, or in my case calmag issues ongoing. Even my Gelato 2 is having calmag issues and has received a dose and that is the plant in the 1/3 mushroom compost - Orgasoilux mix. I am deffos buying different soil next time. How is 5 KC this week, Shed?

How is it going @Carmen Ray

Don't loose any sleep over your defoliation, what is done is done.
Your ladies will be fine. I take it you got your watering problem taken care of.

I am a firm believer that less is more when growing cannabis.
Meaning, I don't do anything in a hurry or without a good reason and research.
I believe you ladies will be fine.

I rarely grow auto's, because they are like spoiled rich kids. No matter what you do, they are going to do what they want, and it doesn't matter if you like it or not.

I will follow closer and help if I can.

Be safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Lot to learn about these auto's, I am giving it a go with Nightowl seeds. Rick Mosca, breeder SSgrower thanks for the views!
Hey SSG, I'd love to follow your journal but the titles in your signature don't seem to have links. Where can I find this grow? Your seeds sound different. I want to know more :)

Hey SSG, I'd love to follow your journal but the titles in your signature don't seem to have links. Where can I find this grow? Your seeds sound different. I want to know more :)
I noticed the same thought it was the internet black hole i live in and gave up 🤣🤣

How is it going @Carmen Ray

Don't loose any sleep over your defoliation, what is done is done.
Your ladies will be fine. I take it you got your watering problem taken care of.

I am a firm believer that less is more when growing cannabis.
Meaning, I don't do anything in a hurry or without a good reason and research.
I believe you ladies will be fine.

I rarely grow auto's, because they are like spoiled rich kids. No matter what you do, they are going to do what they want, and it doesn't matter if you like it or not.

I will follow closer and help if I can.

Be safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Hey Tok, thank you for the reassurance and encouragement! I love your analogy of spoilt rich kids lol.

The water issue is sort of sorted. I am top watering but I think that the Gelato 1 is rootbound and If I could put it in a 30 L of soil I would possibly do that. I just worry about space on that table. I wonder if I shouldn't do that. What do you guys think?

All three plants have calmag issues. The Gelato 2 is happy top watered. The other two still struggle with droop after a top watering, so I am bottom wicking from the Parmesan to empty that bottom. I think those water roots greedily hog the water at the bottom of the pot. I'll see when I do the rootopsy.

Thank you for following my grow and you be safe and happy grow days to you too.

Hi friends, happy weekend.

I had to put Gelato auto 1 on a pile of 3 books to match the height of the other two.

Parmesan's condition is improving as it adapts to the newly watered pot.

I watered the Gelato auto 1 and the water just ran straight out the sides. I really think this plant is rootbound. Do I move it into a 30 L? It has a lot of flowering left to do still. I could cut the cloth pot off it when it is next dry and do it then, or is it too traumatic for the plant in flower? I just worry about nutes not getting to the plant. Lemme know what you think.

Have a good one :)

I am top watering but I think that the Gelato 1 is rootbound and If I could put it in a 30 L of soil I would possibly do that. I just worry about space on that table. I wonder if I shouldn't do that. What do you guys think?
In one week (7 days) how often do you water? How do you decide when to water? Sorry about the questions, but I am trying to get a better picture of what you are doing.

I think that the Gelato 1 is rootbound
What makes you think this is a problem with the Gelato? What size is your current containers? I am not convinced that this is rootbound; are you letting them dry out?

I would also remove those low hanging leaves on the bottom also.

What ppm's are you feeding her and how often?

I will be waiting for your reply.

Tok..

In one week (7 days) how often do you water? How do you decide when to water? Sorry about the questions, but I am trying to get a better picture of what you are doing.
Hey Tok, thank you very much for looking into this for me. Below is my feeding table.

It has been tricky this time because I started two of my plants on SWICKS and after discovering nutrient deficiencies due to the roots drinking from the res rather than the pot, I removed them from their sub-irrigation and started top watering.

To transition them I watered from the top to runoff and then took them off and put them on towels to reverse wick the excess water collecting in the bottom of the bag. Since then I have waited for the pots to dry out and for a slight droop before watering, and then I water to slight runoff if I am doing a full watering, or I just wet the feeder roots on the top of the pot if they have gone dry. I wait for the bags to get very light before watering. I am still putting the Parmesan onto a towel after watering to runoff, so that it can reverse wick excess off the bottom.

The Gelato 1 that I think might be root bound has had some rough treatment from the get go. This plant was poorly flushed and the soil compacted. The roots are still growing out the bag and being air pruned. When I feel the sides of the bag it feels and sounds like there are are compact roots in there, but I won't know until I see them.

Screenshot (758).png

What makes you think this is a problem with the Gelato? What size is your current containers? I am not convinced that this is rootbound; are you letting them dry out?
They are in 5 Gal bags (20 L). I was thinking of up-potting the one to a 7 Gal bag.
I would also remove those low hanging leaves on the bottom also.
All of them? Ok, but why?
What ppm's are you feeding her and how often?

I will be waiting for your reply.

Tok..
Thank you. I've been out all afternoon, working at a coffee shop at the beach, and only got back a little while ago.

@NickHardy, they are in 20 L fabric pots. I mean I could simple cut the bottom off the 20 L and plonk the bag into a 30 L bag of soil if necessary.

Thank you both very much!

I totally forgot you are doing swick this grow.

I am currently reading @sweet Sue

I will get back to you shortly.

Tok..
Thank you Tok! They are off the SWICK now. Took em off a couple of weeks ago. Their rooting will have been affected and I think that could be why I have calmag issues with them. However, it could also be that they are still being overwatered causing nute lockout, and / or the soil is the problem. Gee had this too. His were affected before mine. It was SWICK related. However, there is a grower called @PerkPot who is doing a fine job with their SWICKS. I don't see them here often and am looking forward to running into them again, to find out what is making them a success and ours not so much.

Back
Top Bottom