🎉 Carmen’s Winter Autos With ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro!🎉

I’m thrilled that @ViparSpectra have sent me two XS1500 Pro led grow lights to get the tabletop grow on this winter! I have accomplished three tabletop grows to date and am really happy to be able to keep my medicine jars full without a lot of sophisticated gadgets, with one exception and that is the need for state of the art lighting! Without a “sun” the weed won’t grow.

I will also use an oil heater, a fan and a hygrometer. Apart from that the swick is low tech. Also, if I need to up humidity I can fiddle around with the fan and water, or boil a kettle I hope. If I need to decrease humidity there is not a lot I can do unless I get a dehumidifier, but I will play that by ear. I will keep the temps as stable as possible, supply the babies with food and water, and then their genetics and ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro will do the rest (I’m not sure how I will be training this grow. I may do one topped and one only lst’d).

I will grow 2 Skywalker OG autoperiod plants from Barneys Farm seed, in living organic soil in cloth pots, on top of swicks. Until now I have used an entry level light and so it is going to be awesome to grow with the VipaSpectra XS1500 Pro lights. I can’t wait to see the difference!

The soil I use - is by Dirty Hands Inc, and is called Orgasoilux. Some of you will be familiar with it as I have grown with it before. It contains the following ingredients, and it is suggested that a top dress with Essential Blend, the companion product, in pre-flower will take the plant through to the finish line without additional nutes.

Capacity30L
InoculantCannabis Microbial Consortium
BlendCompost, Vermi-compost, Coco peat, Sphagnum peat moss (sustainably harvested) and perlite
IngredientsAlfalfa meal
Aloe meal
Basalt Rock Dust
Bio-Char (preloaded with microbes)
Canna-kashi
Calcitic Lime
Copper Powder
Dolomite Lime
Guano (sea-bird)
Gypsum
Humic Acid
Fulvic Acid
Frass
Kelp Meal
Malted Barley
Manganese Oxide
Montmorillonite Clay
Soft Rock Phosphate
Zeolite

The Lights - The following information about the VipaSpectra XS1500 Pro lights is taken from Amazon.

“OPTICAL LENSES DESIGN DIMMABLE LED GROW LIGHT: VIPARSPECTRA 2023 new arrival XS1500 Pro grow light has optical lenses design that ensures more concentrated light and less light loss to achieve the most uniform PPFD for optimal photosynthesis and growth, ensuring plants absorb balanced PPFD in each corner, enhancing balanced growth for healthier growth and higher yields.

DIMMING DAISY CHAIN GROW LIGHTS: The dimming daisy chain feature allows you to connect up to 20pcs XS1500 Pro for unified dimming, especially beneficial for your commercial growing, horizontal and vertical farming, greenhouse planting and hydroponics, etc. The external dimmer give you the flexibility to manipulate light levels for perfect growth performance at all stages.

OPTIMIZED SPECTRUM & SUPERIOR HEAT DISSIPATION: Consists of 660nm red light, 3000K 5000K white light, and 730nm Infrared (IR) light, emits a wide waveband to provide plants in all stages from veg to flower with everything they need in the natural sunlight. Silent fan-less design. The large areas of solid aluminum heat-sinks is essential for heat dissipation while ensuring a long lifespan.

LOWER RUNNING COST GROW LIGHT FIXTURE: Consumes only 150W compared to traditional 250W HPS/MH! Perfect for 3x3 ft vegetative coverage and 2x2 ft flowering coverage. 2pcs XS1500 Pro fixtures are prefect for 4X2 ft grow tent. Remember to properly adjust the brightness accordingly to your plants desired level for optimal growth.”

The genetics – Information from Barneys Farm online catalogue

“Skywalker OG Auto Cannabis Seeds

Type: Autoflowering strain

Skywalker OG super auto has arrived, blast your way through the day with this outstanding autoflowering cannabis strain. Your light-saber will throb and flash when you experience the Skywalker and unleash the power of the force for the first time.

A favourite in the lab for breeding this specimen was trialed in its own right by TONI13 and due to the outstanding results it was decided to release it in autoflowering format for the world.

This aromatic autoflower literally explodes into a pine flavoured christmas tree in a mere 70-75 days from seed, producing an abundance of glorious kushy flowers dripping with glistening THC crystals. Expect a final height of up to 1.2 meters.

Experience the thrill of killer US genetics ‘Skywalker OG’ expertly wrapped up into a juicy astonishing autoflower package of 23% THC by the team at Barneys Farm.

Beware of sensory overload, though, as Skywalker OG can be quite an exhilarating experience if you are not ready for the full scale of the peace of mind it can initiate. Expect full body relaxation and mental clarity, often with breakthrough insights and realizations. This is proper mind expanding material you’ll be glad that you grew out…

Type: Feminised

Genetics: Skywalker OG x BF Super Auto #1

Photoperiod: Autoflowering

Sativa %: 25%

Indica %: 75%

Autoflowering Harvest From Seed: 70 days

Indoor Height (cm): 80-90cm

Indoor Yield (g): up to 450-500 gr/m²

Outdoor Height (cm): up to 90-120cm

Outdoor Yield (g): up to 650g/m2

Taste: Sweet, Earthy, Pine,

Aroma: Tropical Fruits, Citrus, and Diesel

Effect: Tranquilizing, Heavy Stoned, Mind Expanding”

A note about my grow space - I am growing on my dining room table, next to a window. This is in my living room. I will not be using a tent for this grow as it is unnecessary for my purpose which is simply to grow enough meds for myself. I’m not trying to break records or dial in to perfection. I love growing. It is my passion and the product is only going to get better and better with the ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro.

A note about this journal - I will only be able to start growing in June, so for now I am going to start covering the basics of what I need to learn to optimize my grow conditions this season. I will be asking questions of fellow growers in order to get as dialed in as possible before I wet beans.

Without further ado, I’d like to say a big thank you to @ViparSpectra! Let’s get started with preparations for our grow!
Screenshot (452).png

Welcome GDB
What!

I hadn't even announced my presence yet! I was still in the powder room, freshening up.

Now you've spoiled my big entrance. :)

What!

I hadn't even announced my presence yet! I was still in the powder room, freshening up.

Now you've spoiled my big entrance. :)
You can't hide your presence, delightful person :love: There's no quietly tip toeing in when the room is empty and I'm high on the happy vibe lol :)

Made it, front row. Good luck and super stoked for you that they sent you the lights . They look flippin jas (urban dictionary is your friend). I entered the comp but saw it is only for US and Europe. I'm really glad for you.
With your writing and mad photography wizardry, I'm certain you will smash this one out the park.
Humidity will be heavy in winter with the rain but, we are both pretty close to the sea so humidity is higher in general
Sterkte Maat.

Made it, front row. Good luck and super stoked for you that they sent you the lights . They look flippin jas (urban dictionary is your friend). I entered the comp but saw it is only for US and Europe. I'm really glad for you.
With your writing and mad photography wizardry, I'm certain you will smash this one out the park.
Humidity will be heavy in winter with the rain but, we are both pretty close to the sea so humidity is higher in general
Sterkte Maat.
Hey Chom! Thank you for being here :) Yes I am thrilled to bits about having the opportunity to improve the weed production with the XS 1500 Pro. I'm super excited!
While on the subject of humidity, what size / type of dehumidifier would I look at getting if necessary? I'm obviously going for the cheapest effective option. I have looked on Takealot.

Thanks Cap!

I’m in!
Hey Thirvnrob, thanks for hopping on board :)
I'm all in! Who wants something from the snack bag of surprises? :cheesygrinsmiley:
Me. I do I do, what you got?
You're going to fall in love with those new suns! I did!
🌞😎🌞I am going to ask you quite a few questions I think!
As the dehumidifier goes. I sized up the room it was going to be in and bought for that. It's the whole half of the cellar for me.
My apartment is no bigger than 60m square and is two rooms. The living room / kitchen area is where I have the plants and the bedroom is off to one side down a very short passage. I'd consider it an open plan setup. Could you help me work out what size dehumidifier I'd need to get?
I'm going to sit near the guy with the snacks unless he's in the beanbag section with 13...too hard to get out of those!
Look for the recliners to the side of the beanbags Shed, they are way comfy too :hug:
H'lo Azi! :)

Figuring out what size dehumidifier to get

I went looking online for information on how to work out what size dehumidifier I need for the space. I found this comprehensive article and as usual I have further questions.

I think I have worked out that I need a 5 liter capacity dehumidifier for my 60m square space. Please will someone confirm for me. Also the advice is to get a desiccant rather than a refrigerant type for cooler environments. Could a blob of desiccant material work, such as this?

My apartment is no bigger than 60m square and is two rooms. The living room / kitchen area is where I have the plants and the bedroom is off to one side down a very short passage. I'd consider it an open plan setup. Could you help me work out what size dehumidifier I'd need to get?
Let's!
Here's something I found that we may be able to plug some of your room dimensions into.
What size dehumidifier do I need per square-foot?

What Size Dehumidifier?
Room Size/ Relative Humidity Level400 Sq. Ft.1,200 Sq. Ft.
50% to 60%20-pint50-pint
60% to 70%20-pint50-pint
70% to 80%25-pint55-pint
80% to 90%30-pint60-pint
So you see my data is in pints, so awkward! :D
I like your info and have never heard of a dessicant type. I'd err on getting a larger size to save on bucket emptying if that makes sense to you? Maybe some chance of a floor drain? That's easiest to maintain.

Get one that says something like 26L a day. Its a standard small size. If its just the kitchen/living bit it will be perfect. Hong Kong generous sized apartment. Humidity there hits 95%+ so that size place you might have two like that. Humidity in your neck of the woods never close to that.

The tank size is normally the limiting factor. But we have a a big 50L polystrene box we cut a hole in the top and attached a bit of hose pipe and use it to push the water there - you might have a handy drain in the kitchen area or bathroom?

But the hose option is generally available with all models. Just buy a bit of plastic pipe and it bypasses the tank you have to remember to empty.

Our big one is 260L a day. That’s plumbed in funnily enough! But that 26L is drying a full double bedroom say 6x4m down to 50% after an hour.

Nick

Congrats on the new journal and lights, Carmen!

I'm stealing one of the recliners before anyone else shows up as I definitely enjoy putting my feet up. Here. I made some brownies to celebrate!

marijuana-brownies.png

Back
Top Bottom