CBD Joy: A Community Garden Experience

Critical+ CBD Auto (Dinafem) Harvest Day:circle-of-love:

Last portrait (without blurple light at last):

CCBDau_finished.jpg

... And after bud wash - what a total joy that was :cheesygrinsmiley:

CCBDau_drip1.jpg

CCBDau_drip2.jpg

Once trimmed, I had 55.1g buds, 22.4g leaves and sugary trim. She was small but pretty and I estimate from that wet weight that I'll have somewhere around 11-13g of dry bud and that's more than I'd expected during the flowering, they fattened up well. Some of these and all the trim will become oil. I'm not up to executing a fresh harvest oil at the moment so I'll dry lo 'n' slo and use, probably, G2HM's low demand oil method. Small batches of oil work better for me. We take ages to go through it. The last batch I made with about 7g dry bud is still going strong and serving 3-4 people well :love:

I had such a happy day harvesting her! trimming was a bit taxing and I was relieved then that she was small (see, she knew what I could handle comfortably ;) ). I'd never washed buds before and found it to be a completely delicious experience. Feeling the density and weight of the buds in the water, and the eucalyptus minty mango aromatherapy that accompanied the process, infused with a touch of the lemon - heady! Talk about the sensuality of botany.:icon_cool

One thing I'm curious about is how super dark green it was. I'd always thought that in general super dark wasn't ideal, like too much nitrogen or something (I don't know where that's coming from - information osmosis, isn't always correct). I'd thought the strain was kind of pale, and she was pale too when she was young. Maybe my distribution of Osmo+ was a bit off... Just wondering, so I learn for next time(s).

Thanks all for your great encouragement and help throughout the grow. I'm trying the lo n slo drying method (seems way easy - in bags in fridge, check in a few days... repeat... no worries) so will report back once it's ready for jars.

:thumb::thanks:

:Namaste:

Nice Harvest! I can only hope my little babies come out looking as good! :goodjob:

Hi All,

Up here in Canada we are fast approaching our July 2018 re-legalization (it appears more like Prohibition 2.0) of cannabis.

So the feds legalize it and the provinces set the rules and enforce them. Tomorrow it is expected that Quebec will include a ban on recreational growing in it's legislation. I have heard of it being a point of discussion in other provinces too. The feds are re-legalizing so as to turn the "black" market over to corporate cannabis. It really sucks. At this point I'm beginning to believe we would be better off with it being illegal. There are currently 7 laws governing cannabis and the new legislation will have 45. It is stupid.

South of the 49th, unless the Senate adds the amendment (Rohrabacher—Blumenauer amendment - formerly Rohrabacher—Farr) that prevents the justice department from prosecuting state legal cannabis, the battle is about to begin. We can never let our guard down.

Peace. :peace:

Well done Amy. Can't believe I'm ten days late on this.....oh yeah..... yes I can. :laughtwo:

She was just what you needed as an introduction. Isn't budwashing the most fun? Something about the sight of water on upside-down branches fires me up. :battingeyelashes:

I've just harvested my Dark Slide, possibly the greenest cannabis chemovar I've grown to date. It could be genetics with your plant, and that's really what I'd expect. The Osmo is a pretty good pairing to the needs of cannabis.

I've been considering a lot lately the therapeutic effects of cultivating cannabis, and the primary benefit is likely the interplay of your endocannabinoids with the terpenes in the plant. Terpenes direct the signal king of the cannabinoids. That would apply across the board.

And yet the legislative bodies controlling access are almost in lockstep against letting us grow our own. That's a conversation we'd do well to discover ways to control. Everyone should be free to grow cannabis. It's simply the thinking of cannabis as a dangerous drug that allows this injustice to perpetuate. If we can change perceptions to thinking of cannabis as a nutrient that may help.

She was just what you needed as an introduction.
Yeah - she was my third plant ever and first in a few years. It's been great to get past some 'growing anxiety' on this little indoor project as I'm now a lot more relaxed about the bigger outdoor grow I'm getting under way now.

Nice Harvest! I can only hope my little babies come out looking as good! :goodjob:
Thanks HH :thumb:

We can never let our guard down.

Peace. :peace:

Everyone should be free to grow cannabis. It's simply the thinking of cannabis as a dangerous drug that allows this injustice to perpetuate. If we can change perceptions to thinking of cannabis as a nutrient that may help.

Yes and yes, and on that note... here's my next bit of CBD Joy, a CBD Critical Cure @ day 13 out of the soil. She's coming along nicely outdoors ... only a tiny bit of evidence of her difficult birth! I notice some red around the stem bottom. Not sure if this is genetics or a bit of stress from some outdoor cold.

CBDCC-day13.jpg

Yes and yes, and on that note... here's my next bit of CBD Joy, a CBD Critical Cure @ day 13 out of the soil. She's coming along nicely outdoors ... only a tiny bit of evidence of her difficult birth! I notice some red around the stem bottom. Not sure if this is genetics or a bit of stress from some outdoor cold.

CBDCC-day13.jpg

The next set of leaves look like they will be very pretty :)

She was just what you needed as an introduction. Isn't budwashing the most fun? Something about the sight of water on upside-down branches fires me up. :battingeyelashes:
I was looking up budwashing and there seemed to be a little bit of controversy over it. As pro-washing, what would you say is the benefit and does it make a large difference? I'll be harvesting in early Jan and am trying to make sure I am completely ready to go through the process.

Thanks! .

HappyHouse said:
I was looking up budwashing and there seemed to be a little bit of controversy over it. As pro-washing, what would you say is the benefit and does it make a large difference? I’ll be harvesting in early Jan and am trying to make sure I am completely ready to go through the process.

Thanks! .

There is a lot more controversy among people who haven't done it than people who have done it.

Among 100 people who have tried it, about 1 doesn't like it, 15 people think it's too much hassle to spend 3 minutes a plant washing the buds, 80 some people plan to wash buds every harvest from then on out - although we might miss a harvest every now and then, especially a small one.

Almost everyone says it's smoother.
Almost everyone says it has better flavors, especially if you vape :)

There is a lot more controversy among people who haven't done it than people who have done it.

Among 100 people who have tried it, about 1 doesn't like it, 15 people think it's too much hassle to spend 3 minutes a plant washing the buds, 80 some people plan to wash buds every harvest from then on out - although we might miss a harvest every now and then, especially a small one.

Almost everyone says it's smoother.
Almost everyone says it has better flavors, especially if you vape :)

I agree completely. My sense is the wash hydrates the plant in a uniform way that helps it somehow dry faster and cure smoother. For whatever reason it feels like a better idea than not washing.

When you do a first budwash and see what washes out it can be surprising. If you use foliars at all it's a great idea. If you have pets, it's a good idea. You'd be surprised how much dust gets dispersed across a grow over a few months. Then there's the stuff you can't see. :battingeyelashes:

I personally don't use baking soda and lemon juice. It makes more sense to me to use a dilution of H2O2.

Since my working space is limited, rather than hang cut branches, I trim the buds right off the plant into a kitchen colander, then spray water through them, like you would lettuce or other leafy produce, just enough to dislodge dirt, dander and hair.

I then air dry them in a cardboard box lined with paper towels, till the moisture is almost evaporated, then finish up the evaporation and cure in the fridge. It works for my limited space.

Since my working space is limited, rather than hang cut branches, I trim the buds right off the plant into a kitchen colander, then spray water through them, like you would lettuce or other leafy produce, just enough to dislodge dirt, dander and hair.

I then air dry them in a cardboard box lined with paper towels, till the moisture is almost evaporated, then finish up the evaporation and cure in the fridge. It works for my limited space.

I like that adaptation of cleaning it like one would lettace. May I ask, how long does it typically take for the initial evaporation before you switch to the fridge?

I like that adaptation of cleaning it like one would lettace. May I ask, how long does it typically take for the initial evaporation before you switch to the fridge?

About 3 days. Depends on the humidity of the room. You don't want it wet, but not totally dry to the touch. I then move the open box to the fridge to slow dry, and check a sample in a baggie daily with a hydrometer till it is close to 60% dry. It took me about 5 days to get it dry enough to jar.

Once I jar it (half-full) I keep the jars in the fridge door o remind me to roll them several times a day. If they stick together, they need more drying in the open box. If they tumble without sticking, then I leave them in the covered jars. It's easy enough to tumble them for a couple weeks to be sure, then one final humidity test, then pop in a Boveda and move it to the back of the fridge for the cold cure.

They seem to maintain their bulk better with the cold, slow cure. I opened some OGK I had jarred a year ago and the terpenes were so strong, it made my eyes water! Def a strong diesel ancestor!

It's been a while.... :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

One of those bags holds CBD Critical Cure 2.8, a struggling clone cutting. If she doesn't make it I'll start another seed.

IMG_563312.JPG

CBD Critical Cure 2.7 (Day 36) A luscious specimen with some of the best color of any I've grown.

IMG_562410.JPG

IMG_562511.JPG

IMG_562711.JPG

CBD Critical Cure 2.6 (Day 102, flip + 48) One more month to go, if she lasts that long. I'll make every attempt to get her to Day 70.

IMG_56055.JPG

Doing the typical development of copious amounts of essential oils.

IMG_560210.JPG

This is my first attempt with the chemovar in hempy, and I'm seeing longer, thinner colas, but the buds look just as dense. She has lots of brown hairs. Might not last to 70 days.

IMG_56019.JPG

I put bamboo pole into the pot to support the branches. They're going to start falling over anytime now.

IMG_559811.JPG

I'm planning to drop a Candida seed sometime before the end of the year. It's time the garden had some CBD diversity. I do love growing this chemovar though. Easy to raise and consistent in production, their oils are the cornerstone of our regimens.

I've noted a difference in terpene expression between my hempy and soil plants, and I'll be growing this one in soil using Doc Bud's kit from now on, as well as my more important medicinal chemovars.

She's a beauty, eh? :dreamy:

Consumer alert:

We have a member in India that just got ripped off to the tune of more than $700 by cbd-international.net. He reported it to the Ontario police dept hot line but they only accept claims from Canadian citizens. Let's spread the word about these charlatans.

Avoid this company - cbd-international.net

This issue has been resolved. Thank you Michael. :circle-of-love:

Hi Sweet Sue
Just a quick update, The CBD International member in question has been identified thanks to you and we have resolved the problem, unfortunately the item returned for credit was not in his package but contained only rangoli sand and unfortunately the loss of items does happen from time to time when returning items from India via their postal system. but intern would make his order ineligible for a refund. But under these circumstances with us receiving the package containing rangoli sand I have given the member the benefit of doubt and have authorized a full refund which has already been completed.

I thank you for your participation in resolving this matter

Sincerely

Michael
CBD International

Consumer alert:

We have a member in India that just got ripped off to the tune of more than $700 by cbd-international.net. He reported it to the Ontario police dept hot line but they only accept claims from Canadian citizens. Let's spread the word about these charlatans.

Avoid this company - cbd-international.net

Thanks for the heads up. Horrible to hear about it though. I feel so bad for our member.

Thanks for the heads up. Horrible to hear about it though. I feel so bad for our member.

It's actually been resolved HH. The CEO of the company has stepped up to the plate and is making it right by refunding the member's money. We'll be waiting to hear when it's finally done.

I'll be adding an edit to the alerts reflecting the change.

It's actually been resolved HH. The CEO of the company has stepped up to the plate and is making it right by refunding the member's money. We'll be waiting to hear when it's finally done.

I'll be adding an edit to the alerts reflecting the change.

By "it's resolved" - you mean you scared the bejeesus out of them with bad :420: press -- well done!

I just heard about this on the radio. If anyone is treating their pets with cannabis, UC Davis is conducting a survey of pet owners/caregivers. Here is the info from the UC Davis website:

Archives | Vet Med News

Very few veterinary researchers and/or schools of veterinary medicine have conducted any significant research into the subject. The UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine is beginning to lead this charge with an anonymous survey to gather information on this topic. The data will then be used to educate the public on the growing role of these products in the pet population and potentially lead to future research.

I'm counting my Jamaican as a CBD-dominant plant. Neiko and I grew seeds from the same plant, and he got his tested. One was a green pheno that tested a balanced ratio, with nearly equal amounts of the major cannabinoids. His purple pheno tested with a 2:1 ratio CBD:THC, and I grew a seed that went purple and took the amount of time one would have expected for the CBD dom. I'm choosing to believe that this plant I just harvested has the higher ratio. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_58508.JPG

IMG_585312.JPG

IMG_585410.JPG

IMG_59118.JPG

She was grown in soil using Doc Bud's HB kit and lasted a total of 138 days, 62 of them in flower. So easy to grow, and strong genetics that resisted powdery mildew and overcrowding. She has the strangest way of growing, shooting the branches out almost horizontally. Her clone is demonstrating that right now.

IMG_592511.JPG

Eventually this girl'll have a space all to herself. For now she needs to grow up a bit. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom