Colorfuldayze Aug-Dec 2014 Auto Grow

It is amazing the things that need to be done in preparation for an extended trip......you dont realize until you are doing it all and thinking....am i gonna have enough time....did i cut myself short:)lol......been there and done that too many times:)....ATB to you and yours;)

Thanks GD, now I'm totally reassured that I'm going to have an all-nighter harvesting but I'm having fun and we can only do what we can!

Cheers GD and thank you! :blunt:

Lazy Saturday Afternoon Update
Hello fine 420 folk! I wish all of you a happy and blessed Saturday and weekend. I am way behind in chores and harvesting but chugging along. After I complete today's post I'm going to harvest the Loaf of Bread which will be plant #2 to be cut. Then we are having dinner with Mrs. colorful's Mom, and then I'll be harvesting through the rest of the day and night until I'm either done or can't cut straight anymore.
I ran out of steam last night but I did get the tops from two plants cut and trimmed and cut and trimmed the plant I call Ruderalis because she has looked really hempy during its entire growth. Three weeks ago I thought I would just use all of her for oil or butter but she actually had some bud development. Although most of it is pretty whispy, it still will make some good smoke. About an hour ago I smoked some small bud pieces that got cutoff last night and although still green, it smelled and in fact tasted of citrus! The stone was quick to start and then kept coming on with a very nice body high and energizing sensation.

I'm just air-drying them in the grow room. I've had the lights on for only 6-10 hours/day the last 5 days with the remainder in darkness and fans on high. The temps have stayed in the mid to upper 60s but a couple times have dropped to 60F; humidity is in the 60% range. Although higher than optimal RH, IMO it has helped these plants due to the overfertilization and lack of adequate and timely flushing; and it will help the trimmed bud dry slower. I have notice a few lesions on some of the main stems that look like some type of fungus. It is the grayish/blackish tinges on the main stem. I'm not seeing any rot or problems in any of the buds though. I've been keeping their soil as dry as possible letting it go almost bone dry before just adding enough water to wet it for the past week. I will not give them any more water as I plan to be harvested by tomorrow morning.

I successfully completed all of the phenotype photos, measurements, and observations and notes of the specific and notable growth and flowering characteristics on Thursday and Friday nights. I will save posting those fotos and discussing them for later as I'm crunched for time and need to complete the harvest. But I am looking forward to sharing those with you and getting your observations and thoughts regarding the phenotypes and characteristics I will be considering growing forward.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. They aren't pretty, but it will all make adequate medicine and I have learned a lot to apply to my next grow. Thank you all for your interest and support! All the best to each of you! Cheers

Garden Shot
dec27_2014_colorfuldayze3.JPG

The 12-Girl Team
dec27_2014_colorfuldayze2.JPG

One of My Favorite Looking Phenos
dec27_2014_colorfuldayze1.JPG

Two Tops from Two Plants Harvested Last Night 12-26-14
dec27_2014_colorfuldayze7.JPG

Chop, Trim and Hang
dec27_2014_colorfuldayze4.JPG

dec27_2014_colorfuldayze6.JPG

dec27_2014_colorfuldayze5.JPG

The Ruderalis Girl's Midsection Minus the Top and Side/Popcorn Buds (fungal like growth in first picture)
dec27_2014_colorfuldayze9.JPG
dec27_2014_colorfuldayze8.JPG

Trimming Station (moving to a bigger catch tote)
dec27_2014_colorfuldayze10.JPG

What's Hanging As of this Post
dec27_2014_colorfuldayze12.JPG

dec27_2014_colorfuldayze11.JPG

:Namaste:

Saturday Evening Update - Snip Snip Snip...

Howdy all. Have made some small progress. Taking a break and a short nap after dinner and then will get back to it. I finished cutting and trimming Loaf of Bread in between posts. Although more mostly whispy buds there are some nicer formed ones. Although somewhat disappointing that I don't have many fat dense buds yet, I know there are some in there :) I'm also harvesting from whispiest to densest to get my trimming fingers trained before tackling the nicer plants. I'm thankful to have both adequate medicine as well as a robust seed harvest. I captured another 8 huge nice seeds (and their calyxes) when harvesting LOB. I think I'm going to harvest Bonsai next - after my nap and hope I can pull off one of my college day all-nighters. All the best to you and thank you for your interest. Cheers

Trimming Station And Bread's Cut Buds
dec27_2014_colorfuldayze_1_upd2.JPG

dec27_2014_colorfuldayze_2_upd2.JPG

What's Hanging as of This Post; Ruderalis on the Left, Bread in the Middle, JPheno's Top on the Right
dec27_2014_colorfuldayze_3_upd2.JPG

And did I mention that keeping track of 12 phenotypes is a task? :)
Also I'm not taking wet weights for time sake however will take dry weights; or shall I say our lady friend house sitter will :)

:Namaste:

Way to go , c! Damn nice harvest, those are some lovely buds. Sure looks nice all hangin' upside down, waitin'. So will you be able to take any with you? Or will you have to get some locally? The last time I did an all-nighter trimming, I forgot one important factor. When you get chronologically advanced, you need to get up every hour or so and move around so your back doesn't lock up on you. Tough lesson to learn, but one I will never forget. Wish I could be there to help.

Amazing!! :)

Cheers B:) 10:harvest:30pm here in eh-kay :) Taking a break, getting some water, and quality checking the flowers :) Going slow but steady. Taking a new round of observations and notes during the cut and trimming realizing that this information would be very important to have in February and no way I'd remember it. There is so much you can tell about the bud right at the moment that the scissors snip it loose and its weight is hanging in your fingertips. Thank you for all of your encouragement and inspiration and best to you!

:high-five:

Way to go , c! Damn nice harvest, those are some lovely buds. Sure looks nice all hangin' upside down, waitin'. So will you be able to take any with you? Or will you have to get some locally? The last time I did an all-nighter trimming, I forgot one important factor. When you get chronologically advanced, you need to get up every hour or so and move around so your back doesn't lock up on you. Tough lesson to learn, but one I will never forget. Wish I could be there to help.

Hi too old and thank you friend for your kind words. :Namaste: :high-five:

We are traveling to the SE US to a state that does not even have medical cannabis legalized however, I am hopeful that friends who will be visiting will be able to take care of the issue :) Hopefully something 420 post worthy :)

Thank you sincerely for the reminder re: the back and posture. I'm good for about 1.5 plants worth then I get up and come over to the workshop, quality check the tops I cut two nights ago, get some water, tell mrs colorful :love: and then back to the task. I've got 5.5 of 12 hanging now. I'm saving what I observed to be the best phenos for last but a couple of them have really surprised me. I look at it with a relative perspective - considering the fact that I'm amazed that I got what I did - and it wouldn't have precipitated if it wasn't for all of us here! So cheers to all of us too old. Bunch of old tried and true fogies finding a way to make it work day by day. All the best to you too old! Now back to the snippin...wait, did I scrape off the resin on the scissors before I came down...hmmm...can't remember :)

yes "blister" detected a harvest :cheesygrinsmiley:

Let's smoke!

congrats on your harvest buddy..

Thank you wildwelshman! Sipping coffee and waking up after having gotten more than halfway done. I lasted until about 2amish since I actually didn't take a nap yesterday afternoon but I chose not to so that I didn't end up sleeping through today. Back at it after I'm awake enough not to snip a finger :) All the best to you sir and thank you again. Cheers!

:Namaste: :thanks:

:bravo: Beautiful! Quite well Done! Congratulations! :bravo:

Hiya Catman, thank you kind sir I really appreciate it! I hope your nerves are better and glad to know your medicine is also taking care of business for you. I am hopeful to get the last half of the garden cut, trimmed, and hung today along with another update. All the best to you Catman, Cheers

Thank you wildwelshman! Sipping coffee and waking up after having gotten more than halfway done. I lasted until about 2amish since I actually didn't take a nap yesterday afternoon but I chose not to so that I didn't end up sleeping through today. Back at it after I'm awake enough not to snip a finger :) All the best to you sir and thank you again. Cheers!

:Namaste: :thanks:

I love growing, I love smoking, I hate trimming lol keep up the good work mate.

Back
Top Bottom