Cons Indoor Auto Soil Grow 3.1

You guys….if you can access the Zon, don’t make it so complicated. I buy these three at a time. $9 each. Each has the calibration powders and clear instructions as well as an extra set of batteries. Not once have I ever calibrated one. It’s always accurate as hell. You see my plants - ph issues is one thing I never have. The one I’m using now has lasted 7 months. It’s the best cheap one out there imo.

IMG_4083.jpeg
to late @Jon, i tried those cheap ones & just didn't work well for me so i got the 4-1 vivosun & liked it but can't easily find the cal solution in the city ( my fault for waiting till the last minute ) so bought one a single calibration solution one which will be much easier

Welcome to the party pal

I used one 6 years ago & stopped when I started using rainwater.
you collect enough for your current winter grows? i wonder what the city snow is at, guess i'll do a test today with melted snow for shits n giggles might be able to save on the water bill

Yes roof melt, got a 30 gal barrel & bunch of 5 gals spread around
Backup for melting on the wood stove

IMG_5199.JPG

ya got lucky, @Bill284 thanks for looking into it but no need now thanks again i just came back from the hydro store i use & they don't carry the solutions i use just the 4-7 & 9, but he's a cool dude & researched the vivosun meter i have a & found that i have to use the 4.01 & 6.86 & 9.18 so instead of running around looking for the solution he gave me a deal on a new pen that just uses the 7 & says its a better ph tester so i bought it, thanks again everyone
Your nutrients will fall in ph as they sit.
Salts drop out aparantly lowering the ph.
If you mix a few days worth it’s best to check before you feed. :Namaste:
Glad you have a tester :thumb:
Take care buddy.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Take care buddy.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks Bill hope you're feeling better

Take care buddy.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Great point @Bill284 - that’s precisely why I measure fresh every day. I never mix ahead of time. Even in one night the ph will drift and need adjustment. Easier for me to just mix each day.

Good Morning everybody hope all is well & all have a safe & great New Years, day 12 for the seedlings, they are getting some roots more at the bottom (coming out the drain holes) than the sides & hope this will not be a problem but will keep a eye on them through out the next few days & most got a watering of 1/4 strenth nutes till run off today seems to take about 3 days to dry out, they're in the big tent where i can control the temp & humidity better & temps at 24c RH 65% PPFD 350, yeah i let a few stretch a bit but stems are getting thicker any thoughts on the roots coming through the bottoms faster than the sides ? will this be a issue ? Lol!! forgot to upload pics will do ASAP!

Getting some nice root growth on those babies! I try to keep a bit of moisture down at the very bottom to make sure those don't dry out before they're ready for transplant. Maybe a small splash of water in the outer cup and then put the inner cup back in.

I hope New Year's Eve is a blast, and here's to a happy new year! :high-five:
Thanks for the info kinda new with this, is it normal to have the roots go to the bottom before really seeing them on the sides of the cup ? quite new years here hope you & the Fam have a good one

As long as the roots are growing I consider it all normal!
Lol. You’re the best Shed. Yes @con, they’ll always hit the bottom of a cup like that before the sides. Roots hit the bottom in like three days. Bottoms is easy. It’s automatic. Side you gotta build out.

Lol. You’re the best Shed. Yes @con, they’ll always hit the bottom of a cup like that before the sides. Roots hit the bottom in like three days. Bottoms is easy. It’s automatic. Side you gotta build out.
i guess its a waiting game pretty hard just to water the outter edge in these small cups, probably be good in 4-7 days ?

i guess its a waiting game pretty hard just to water the outter edge in these small cups, probably be good in 4-7 days ?
Out of Solos with autos I think the latest I ever uppotted was day 17. They’ll hold together after about ten days in coco, soil takes longer. Hold together is one thing. Uppotted with those thick roots around the outside is another. I used to wait until when Emilya taught me to, which was, when the vessel drains all the water 100% and is completely dry and light in 24 hours you uppot. Now I don’t wait that long. I believe uppotting like that actually costs you a day or two with autos. When the roots are all wrapped tight around the root ball when you uppot, like most people do, it takes the roots some time to unfurl and loosen and start to invade the new medium. If you uppot early, like as soon as the root ball will stay fully together and before there’s a ring of roots around the outside, that time is eliminated. The roots just keep growing out as if they don’t even know they got uppotted. I think this is why when I uppot my plant is back to praying in a couple hours. Just my take on it. Happy 2024.

Out of Solos with autos I think the latest I ever uppotted was day 17. They’ll hold together after about ten days in coco, soil takes longer. Hold together is one thing. Uppotted with those thick roots around the outside is another. I used to wait until when Emilya taught me to, which was, when the vessel drains all the water 100% and is completely dry and light in 24 hours you uppot. Now I don’t wait that long. I believe uppotting like that actually costs you a day or two with autos. When the roots are all wrapped tight around the root ball when you uppot, like most people do, it takes the roots some time to unfurl and loosen and start to invade the new medium. If you uppot early, like as soon as the root ball will stay fully together and before there’s a ring of roots around the outside, that time is eliminated. The roots just keep growing out as if they don’t even know they got uppotted. I think this is why when I uppot my plant is back to praying in a couple hours. Just my take on it. Happy 2024.
Btw - a trick to help you water to the outside in a solo - build a mound around the stem in the center. Higher in the middle and sloping down to the edges of the cup. The water will have no choice and will settle in the little outer trough. It works great.

Btw - a trick to help you water to the outside in a solo - build a mound around the stem in the center. Higher in the middle and sloping down to the edges of the cup. The water will have no choice and will settle in the little outer trough. It works great.
Or make a perlite moat like LKABudman does. That seems to work well for him.

Or make a perlite moat like LKABudman does. That seems to work well for him.

Ah! Hadn’t seen his! Thanks! I’m always looking to add new tricks to the book. I actually have a journal of tricks like these. You never know when you might need one.

Back
Top Bottom