Copperrein's Sponsored BESTVA LED & Homegrown Cannabis Co Triathlon Of Sativa

In having a rough go this morning. Bare with me?

Was the EC drop after the mix and feeding?
Or
Are you saying that you followed the schedule and when mixing you noticed that the EC was lower then expected (no feeding involved)?

Hmm that's a conundrum.

I think you know what you're doing obviously as far as mixing goes. I know your using well water as well. Can you double check the water, might have had a small natural EC drop...or have you treated your well recently? Lots of rain?

Any chance of your meter getting dropped? As in off calibration?

If it were me, and I was that concerned, I'd check the water EC, compare against previous readings, dump res and redo it.

It might be fine, could have been something was off in your mixing...I'm sorry to say but that's all I can think of that would cause that. @bluter Or @KCCO 77 might have some better ideas.

Hmm that's a conundrum.

I think you know what you're doing obviously as far as mixing goes. I know your using well water as well. Can you double check the water, might have had a small natural EC drop...or have you treated your well recently? Lots of rain?

If it were me, and I was that concerned, I'd check the water EC, compare against previous readings, dump res and redo it.

It might be fine, could have been something was off in your mixing...I'm sorry to say but that's all I can think of that would cause that. @bluter Or @KCCO 77 might have some better ideas.
Thank you <3

Hmm that's a conundrum.

This is great advise, @copperrein your nutrient EC should not have gone down when you mixed week 3 flower so, as you suspected, there is something going on. I would check the things mentioned by @Rexer. If your concerned that there is a possibility of having miss measured something then a res change is the lowest risk solution.

As far as the question "How would I go about calculating what amount of extra nutes I'd need to add to bring it to 3?"

If you want to raise your EC by ~0.7 you would add about 3ml/gal Core A/B and half that much of the other items, but I'd still recommend a full change if you think something went wrong mixing. First step, check your water EC to see if that dropped/if your meter is off calibration.

This is great advise, @copperrein your nutrient EC should not have gone down when you mixed week 3 flower so, as you suspected, there is something going on. I would check the things mentioned by @Rexer. If your concerned that there is a possibility of having miss measured something then a res change is the lowest risk solution.

As far as the question "How would I go about calculating what amount of extra nutes I'd need to add to bring it to 3?"

If you want to raise your EC by ~0.7 you would add about 3ml/gal Core A/B and half that much of the other items, but I'd still recommend a full change if you think something went wrong mixing. First step, check your water EC to see if that dropped/if your meter is off calibration.
OMG duh convert the EC I'm off v. the ec I want to a ratio to a percentage and just chuck that percentage of the original feed schedule.

I'm pretty sure I messed something up. My dearest other half was babbling at me while I was trying to measure and pour and keep track. I'm already number dyslexic...him animatedly telling me about historic siege weapon didn't help. I'll go do math in a bit and try to correct.

@Prescription Blend Do you guys have coupon code for us 420Mag folks? I want to run you guys again. And again.....and again :lot-o-toke: :tommy: :green_heart:

Life is pure chaos this morning but good. pH stabilized at 6.3 last night. I added terpinator and some @Prescription Blend nutes. EC is now at 2.8. Water level drop suggests they're still drinking a lot.

I'm starting to notice some reddening in stems. Sweet Island has always had a little pink to her stems but this is different and I now see it in Dream Queen as well. I'm around week 4 of flower for three plants with 8-10 week projected flower lengths (halfway is a much easier way of saying that...apologies). They are halfway through flower. Should I add some calmag?

Maracuya is a stretchy girl. If I fold and put away all the laundry on my tent I would have another hand's width between the top of the tent and the lights.

Life is pure chaos this morning but good. pH stabilized at 6.3 last night. I added terpinator and some @Prescription Blend nutes. EC is now at 2.8. Water level drop suggests they're still drinking a lot.

I'm starting to notice some reddening in stems. Sweet Island has always had a little pink to her stems but this is different and I now see it in Dream Queen as well. I'm around week 4 of flower for three plants with 8-10 week projected flower lengths (halfway is a much easier way of saying that...apologies). They are halfway through flower. Should I add some calmag?

Maracuya is a stretchy girl. If I fold and put away all the laundry on my tent I would have another hand's width between the top of the tent and the lights.

Hey @copperrein congratulations on your nomination.
I use calmag from day one. Red stems aren't necessarily bad.
Lots of my girls have it with out any problems.
lst works great when you have room laterally? Looks pretty full though.
Keep up the great work.
Bill

Hey @copperrein congratulations on your nomination.
I use calmag from day one. Red stems aren't necessarily bad.
Lots of my girls have it with out any problems.
lst works great when you have room laterally? Looks pretty full though.
Keep up the great work.
Bill
My man said I should just let them grow to the light and see what happens. He and I loved @Southerncough 's monster canopy plant last year and he's been on me to just let something grow how it wants in the tent. What's the worst that could happen with LEDs? I'm more concerned about everyone getting the same amount of light. I think I have a good balance of defol going right now to help with loss of light in the under canopy but as always I would like input.

My man said I should just let them grow to the light and see what happens. He and I loved @Southerncough 's monster canopy plant last year and he's been on me to just let something grow how it wants in the tent. What's the worst that could happen with LEDs? I'm more concerned about everyone getting the same amount of light. I think I have a good balance of defol going right now to help with loss of light in the under canopy but as always I would like input.
Well you have seen my rooms right.
I'm an advocate for leaving them alone.
I tie my branches to open the center at first, when I have room.
Then I just let them grow.
I don't pluck leaves.
If my Blueberry for instance gets too close ill tie it over but for the most part I leave them.
By harvest ive had buds touching the light with minimal ill effects.
I know lots of growers fuss over every bud site.
And that's great for them.
I like to let my girls do their thing without any defol or manipulating.
Just my 2 cents.
Hope that helps a little.
Bill

So we didn't open the tent today because our friend took home both the iPad that runs our point of sale AND the keys to our main storage container. Bless his heart. I don't handle schedule changes well but alas: it is what it is. Additionally I'm feeding a constantly hungrier baby bird AND trying to repair the chicken fence today.

I did manage to slip a second scrog in the tent. I really like the netting. I think I want to use it for everything. No wonder scrog is so popular.

Ohai there!

Before I start my normal manic rambling, let me get the details out of the way:

I'll be growing 3 plants in a homebrewed drip/kratky system. The system consists of three 5 gallon buckets from my old DWC set up. They hold 6" net pots in the lid and through the bottom I've set 2" PVC pipe so that about an inch of pipe extends up from the bottom of the bucket. Below, I left about 3".

The buckets sit on some old steel roofing I beat into submission so that I have an easily modifiable, light, and strong lid/base. Beneath it all is a really sweet shipping container I nabbed off 'the zon':

61d2ifcqA0L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

My reservoir. It's 15"-ish by 48"

Nutrients are pumped with a little vivosun fountain pump thing. They look cheap but last year our septic system decided it needed a new drain field and I had to use one of these little baddies to suck poo and paper out of a tank into another tank. It worked and best part was they're cheap enough I just tossed it when done (feel bad about that but it was incredibly gr....OH LOOK...I'M RAMBLING....

Ok so...Vivosun 2x4 tent with this setup (caution...I swear....I try not to...but ex Navy sooo):

LIGHT: I'm running a BESTVA P1000W full spectrum LED light in a 2x4 tent with 3 different sativas (yes I know that's not ideal but I'm testing the light, right? Imma test it so hard it wont know what hit it)

So far I'm really digging the light. It feels more natural to my eyes. There's not the violent 'artificial lights AHHH!' eye death thing that happens when I open the tent on perceptibly cooler lights. I tucked it into my tent while starting my summer garden and I saw no stretch. Granted I keep my dwelling (a literal barn) fairly cool, 58-65f.

THE GENETICS: Once I had the BESTVA sponsorship, I reached out to Homegrown Cannabis Co.. The learn to grow videos they've got helped me a ton during my first and second outdoor grows and I love the personalities the company has collected (not sure if I can mention specific names?) I really didn't expect to get a reply but holy crap I got them! Not only did they send me some of their stuff to grow and show off....they sent me strains I've been drooling over for awhile!

All three seeds are from HGCC's Cultivars with Character collection which is a special selection curated by Steve Deangelo, Nikki and Swami, and Kyle Kushman. Since I like to be active and mentally engaged without anxiety and dark thoughts, I picked three special high-sativas:

Steve Deangelo's Dream Queen:

According to Mr. Deangelo this is Green Crack rebranded with a better name. I have very strong feelings regarding the aforementioned drug but I wont go into details. Needless to say I really appreciate that Steve gave what should be an amazing strain a better name.

It resulted from inbreeding Skunk #1 and is pure sativa

Yield Indoor: 400 - 500 g/m2
THC: 20%
CBD: 5%
Height: 25 - 30 cm
Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks

Reported to help with :Anxiety Arthritis Cramps Depression Fatigue Migranes Stress
Effects: Creative Energetic Euphoric Focused Uplifted
Flavor: Citrus Earthy Lemon Tropical

Nikki and Swami's Maracuya:

This one is billed as an alternative to alcohol in social settings. As a former/recovered alcoholic I had to try this one. I am not good around large groups of people. So very awkward and lacking confidence. I'm hoping once the pubs and bars around here start opening up this'll be enough to keep me from temptation while still allowing me to grow fat on greasy bar food.

Maracuya is a hybrid but from my research the high sounds all sativa

Yield Indoor: 600 g/m2
THC: 20%
CBD: 0.3%
Height: 100 - 150 cm

Should help with: Anxiety Arthritis Cramps Depression Migranes Stress
Effects: Creative Happy Relaxed Sedative Talkative
Flavor: Citrus Earthy Herbal Spicy Sweet

Kyle's Sweet Island:

I'm pretty sure this is gonna be my go to when my depression starts going towards the darker areas in my brain. It just sounds...happy (plus it's flavor profile....unf <3) Another high sativa here!

Yield Indoor: 600 g/m2
THC: 19%
CBD: 0.2%
Height: 130 - 180 cm

Helps with: Anxiety Arthritis Fatigue Migranes Pain Stress
Effects: Energetic Euphoric Tingly Uplifted
Flavor: Grape Grapefruit Skunk Sweet Woody

_________________________________​

Starting from April 15th, 2021:

I changed up my sprouting regime a little and pre-pH'd my soak water (which ended up being well water because I suck at adulting and forgot to get distilled). I also did a 1pt 3% H2O2 to 9pts H20 soak this time. 12 hours in cups and then into baggies with paper towel.

3am last night Maracuya popped first. I know this because it's when a massive 18" steel vent section came off the wall and woke us up. GOOD TIMES. Nothing was damaged.

So stoked when this little packet arrived!

buffering and mixing the seed soak

12 hour soak in H2O / H2O2 begins

The next morning into the baggies they go!

JOY!

pHing my rockwool for an overnight bath

aaaand reusing the cups and baggies to make teeny humidity domes
I love the strains you picked. I’ll be following...

Wait...I just went back and looked at when I dropped the seeds...it's been 19 days?

That doesn't seem right....should they be this big? OMG AM I DOING IT RIGHT? No f'ing way. I dropped them on April 15th....that's 19 days >.>

checks math again

holy hell

Am I doing good? Like...is this normal for a grow?
That’s me every step of this first grow. I guess it doesn’t change... especially if you’re high...

I didn’t know that. I just thought they shared a couple of the generic common ancestors that almost all mainstream strains share- like Afghan and Skunk #1 and Thai. It is basically a somewhat (sometimes) sativa dominant hybrid. Same as Green Crack and Blue Dream.

Blue Dream for example if you grow out a half dozen of them you’ll get some fairly sativa looking ones and some fairly Indica looking ones. That’s pretty typical for most of these ‘sativa’ hybrids.

There is a lot of false advertising out there too. People just label stuff however they think people want to hear it.

One breeder will be calling it sativa and then another one will call it indica. Judge it by its appearance, its growth patterns and flowering time, and its effects
So It’s like buying from my hook up.... he says it’s this, but you don’t know what it was called 10 minutes ago?

Hmmm...water dropped a lot AND EC dropped from 2.8 (yesterday) to 1.9 today. I even added 30ml of calmag to the res last night. They are doing something with all that food and water. Wonder what it could be?

So we're getting low on variety of smoke here. We've resorted to looking around to see if we can find more bud I may have forgotten about and found what I think is lemon haze from my first ever grow:

It...it wasn't bad in the bong, incredibly lemony. It had been wrapped in craft paper stashed on a shelf. Omg the size tho....I had not found this place back then.

Back
Top Bottom