DankDragons First Grow

Good on you for staying positive, padawan :thumb:

first grows are for the major learning curve right? thats how im seeing it... id be screwed if she died and i didnt learn anything.. good lesson.. must baby them but be careful at the same time... LO is my only surviving plant/seed not sure when ill be able to get anything else

Don't feel bad. I only had two & got mad at one of them & ate it. (LITERALLY):yummy:

Bro, I feel for you. Go back to my 1st grow & you'll see I lost 4 out of 5 seeds. These weren't crap seeds either. I lost 2 AK47s, a NY Deisel & a Big Bang.
Start with premium seeds. You can get cheap awesome soil even here on 420.
Those 2 things will help BIG TIME.You're next grow will be awesome.

you only need 1 female plant then you can take some clones, try the seed banks and buy some fem seeds, if you try herbies head shop click on pick n mix then choose a fem seed, then you will get 1 fem seed free and 2 regular seeds free, other seed banks have similar offers so check them as well,
herbies free seeds are pretty damn good, this ww x sk i got growing is huge and female so im more than happy, you just need to find a strain you like then you can take clones and have a go at producing your own fem seeds so you have got it for future grows.

the compost i use costs £2 or $3ish per bag for a big bag, i tried paying £20 per bag and it killed my plants and when i transplanted a big plant into a bigger pot with the new compost it turned the leaves into claws and they started to die, so the expensive compost is not worth buying, the sponsors sell some great products so you could try them, i get mine from the big super markets, its tomato compost and has nothing added to it, you dont want any added nutrients or slow release nutrients, if the compost contains this then you will have problems at some point through the grow, usually at the start but some at the end due to the slow release nutrients giving out to much.

so cheap compost is ideal, you can just use compost on its own but perlite will help with getting more air to the roots, if the roots stop getting oxygen the plant dies as it cant take in water or nutrients, if roots dont get oxygen the roots die and the plant dies, so the roots need oxygen as much as water, so over watering will kill any young plant,

Dank, Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for checking out and subbing to my journal. I've been lurking for a while and learning. I've enjoyed reading your journal.

tranplanted LO to permanent home. having serious issues with cameras. so let me paint the picture

she is about 5" tall
cotyledon leaves are fully yellowed
1st set of leaves yellowish tinge on tips to about 1/2"
2nd set of leaves(3 leaf) yellowing from tip to about 1/8"
3rd set of leaves(5 leaf) green and happy.

from 1st leaf, she is leaning slightly left
appears to be straightening back out (my guess is from how i had her, she leaned towards the light) (worked quick lol)
root ball is creamy white
added minimal nutes (start slow and work up)

will start LST after 2 more nodes holes predrilled in the pot, may need to add more.
she is planted near the edge of her new pot in order to ease LST
4th set of leaves is starting to come in(7 leaf im hoping)

i will get pix as soon a possible but till then i have to paint the pic like this lol

i think this is a N deficiency any ideas?

Snapshot_20130920_3.JPG
Snapshot_20130920_2.JPG
Snapshot_20130920_1.JPG
Snapshot_20130920.JPG

its hard to tell mate, how long has the plant been in the same growing medium for, if its fresh soil then plants can easily go 2 weeks in small pot and a further 2 to 3 weeks after transplanting to a bigger pot, the leaves burned at the ends could be a sign of to much N in the soil, if their is not enough N then the leaves sort of fade to a light shade of green before wilting then they die and fall off,

the best option would be to see how long they been in the same soil for and if its been a while then start at a very very weak nute mix like 5th of the stated dose then see how the plant responds, if it sort of picks up then up the nutrients with the next feed, at this stage they need very little so its easy to give to much nutrients, ive had compost that totally kills plants very quick,

Back
Top Bottom