DK'S New Grow 2020

How did you address the potential root bound in your Botanium?

also want to keep the plants as short as possible. I read LST might be easiest. When should I start?

So I pulled the roots that form at the bottom. Don't worry she will recover fast. Key now is to understand that if you do LST it would mean you need to attach it to the top of the pot.

Screenshot_20200319-114706_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200319-114731_Gallery.jpg

That's what I did in my first grow ever

thanks! You just pull out the roots or you cut them? When did you start LST?

So I pulled the roots that form at the bottom. Don't worry she will recover fast. Key now is to understand that if you do LST it would mean you need to attach it to the top of the pot.

thanks! You just pull out the roots or you cut them? When did you start LST?
Pull them. No use trying to be perfect under the pot. I did lst a Lil too late the first time and didn't train my second attempt. I would say from third or fourth node maybe topping will be better for the first training. It's a good thing you have 2 of them to try both.

Looks like they took to the root pruning well.
Yeah they didn't get affected too bad but was seriously root bound. The auto seems to be just just within the limits

It's an issue cause the botanium is small, look the botanium is actually perfect but small... Alas they have announced a new one! A bigger one! If it works out then growing will be so much more simplified

That is true! Well since the botanium is small I'm sure autos would be best for now. I just wish I had more botnaiums! And that big one!

I’ve always been limited by space which sucks.
I feel for you! I hope to see your plants popping out like majestic trees! I must pay a visit at your journal tonight :bongrip:

Number one rule for LST is that you need to support the trunk-root connection so it comes straight out of the substrate (black beans in your case ;)). You need to attach a tie to the opposite side of the botanium to keep it straight up and down, like this:
full

How are you going to handle keeping it flat when the entire pot is only 6" wide?

Ok. I hope this is a little better. Decided to only do it on one to see the difference. Also in case I mess it up. ;)

You think I will have problems keeping it flat in a small pot?

0D6D810A-23D3-4F16-90DC-9D748F091641.jpeg

How are you going to handle keeping it flat when the entire pot is only 6" wide?
With loads of effort!
Much better! Tomorrow, slide that right support up another ½" but leave the left one alone.

My concern about the size of the pot is only where you will be able to tie the plant down as it grows.
On the pot you can make another pot on top of it (which becomes necessary at the end) and tie onto that pot. It's what I did

Back
Top Bottom