Loadshedding thankfully isn't as bad as some of you guys have it here in my dorpie so fingers crossed I have no hassles when my tent finally arrives but the courier company that is supposed to deliver it has forgotten the documents in Cape Town so it's sitting on hold somewhere on its way to me.
If you are going to spend some money on a grow light have a look at growopz as they make local qb boards suited to the pocket and their 130w is good as I've had no complaints using it so far..

Loadshedding thankfully isn't as bad as some of you guys have it here in my dorpie so fingers crossed I have no hassles when my tent finally arrives but the courier company that is supposed to deliver it has forgotten the documents in Cape Town so it's sitting on hold somewhere on its way to me.
If you are going to spend some money on a grow light have a look at growopz as they make local qb boards suited to the pocket and their 130w is good as I've had no complaints using it so far..
Wow thank you for that website. It's funny after all the research that I didn't find that's site. This is the third time you blow my mind hahaha.

How much was the on you took?

You got the name right SOG - sea of green...
I see people doing it with clones a lot. Actually I'm going to try and emulate what I saw from the blue angel grow.

Now that I can see the quantity of what a good harvest in weight is I can push even harder on quality control... After seeing what you grew I'm keen on the same. After all its just for me so let's do something beautiful.

This hobby is really expensive. Grow lights being by far the worst in prices. I now know how to determine quality of those lights on wish and e Bay. My lights was supposed to be 300w but only does 100w consumption with 54 leds

So the calculation was
100w x 0.9
90 ÷ 54
= 1.6 w per LED.

That's half the quality of something decent that has 3 w per LED.

I hope my information is correct :laugh:

Now everything decent is like $150 and that's painful....

How's COB lights? There is some for like $25 at 50w. The reviewer said that it actually burnt his plant in the beginning but isn't that cause of the lens?
Well I’m honoured! :battingeyelashes:
my first Blue Angel run wasn’t even that good. Mainly because I cut them down early, and I only had two plants rather then three. I also shot my self in the foot trying to get quantity, ended up having too much larfy buds and it didn’t weight out that much... the second run, was better because I had three plants, but it was quality over quantity, and it ended up working well in my favour!:thumb:

Well I’m honoured! :battingeyelashes:
my first Blue Angel run wasn’t even that good. Mainly because I cut them down early, and I only had two plants rather then three. I also shot my self in the foot trying to get quantity, ended up having too much larfy buds and it didn’t weight out that much... the second run, was better because I had three plants, but it was quality over quantity, and it ended up working well in my favour!:thumb:
I think I fell for thag curse twice... Unfortunately my one plant revegged but the cheese I'm letting run through. I have seen since I haven't been adding nutes and letting the plant feed on herself, she has fattened up really quickly.
I'm curious to hear how the difference in taste will be when you smoke your new plants in soil as compared to coco. I too have noticed no significant taste and I recall you mentioning it was due to the coco...

I have 2 of the qb130w which I used in an old bathroom which cost R4800/$335 and I had them in an outside flat but my cousin has since moved into the flat so I haven't used them since so looking forward to getting them going again...
My Bru.... 4.8k is a lot of money...

My Bru.... 4.8k is a lot of money...

It most certainly is brother for the end flowers are totally worth it but I do admit it took me bout a year plus before I decided to lay down that funny munny and purchase those lights.
Ive mainly used fluros and some China mall leds and Mother Nature to rear my plants from seed to harvest controlling the amount of light they get ferrying them between outdoors and inside dependent on the weather similar to what mr.Shed does and it works very well for me, I've always attempted indoors but kept on getting kicked out the space I was using so decided to pull the trigger on a tent and having the lights already was a bonus luckily.

I think I fell for thag curse twice... Unfortunately my one plant revegged but the cheese I'm letting run through. I have seen since I haven't been adding nutes and letting the plant feed on herself, she has fattened up really quickly.
I'm curious to hear how the difference in taste will be when you smoke your new plants in soil as compared to coco. I too have noticed no significant taste and I recall you mentioning it was due to the coco...
Yeah, the plants in coco, I found were less developed then the plants grown in soil. I can notice a better taste on the blue cookie but not the dark Angel. I also didn’t feed properly when I was in coco, it was every third or fourth day, rather then daily. With my daughter I just don’t have the time to feed daily!

Yeah, the plants in coco, I found were less developed then the plants grown in soil. I can notice a better taste on the blue cookie but not the dark Angel. I also didn’t feed properly when I was in coco, it was every third or fourth day, rather then daily. With my daughter I just don’t have the time to feed daily!
Ahh yes. I fed daily but ran into a fuck up yet again

Get em on that drip irrigation. I still prefer soil too though. But when doing seed runs coco ends up being faster than soil. I love coco and the product it produces as well though.

20200113_160910.jpg

20200113_160906.jpg

20200113_160851.jpg

So how far along do they look

Get em on that drip irrigation. I still prefer soil too though. But when doing seed runs coco ends up being faster than soil. I love coco and the product it produces as well though.
I am actually keen on this. Do you have some pictures on it?

Got some new seeds planted and sprouted. Waiting on the tent before I post anything. The botanium is going well. Must say this Kush Von Stitch seeds from Smeegol grow really fast

So I ordered a tent and turns out the supplier is out of stock. Bummer... :rolleyes: anyways they contacted me and said they will check stock and look at alternatives. That was earlier today. Hopefully I get my tent soon. I have also since been looking into fans. I remember being shown those on Amazon but the shipping is the same price as the items on every item.

I have two beautiful and successful sprouts of Kush Von Stitch autos and a third in my botanium which is 15 days.

Cheese is looking fantastic and making new smells each day. I did notice reveg leaves on top but they don't seem to be getting worse.
Temps have been crazy hot recently here but it now feels super humid after all the rain we had so the climate is just uncomfortable. We heading straight to the dry climate which is also in turn unfortunately uncomfortable. Oh well...

Anyone got tips on how rooting hormone powder works? Like I get you dip it an all but some detail would be nice!

Anyways everyone have a great night.

I did notice reveg leaves on top but they don't seem to be getting worse.
I have seen one case where someone revegged an autoflower, so if you want to take the buds but leave the leaves, you could see if it flowers again!
Anyone got tips on how rooting hormone powder works? Like I get you dip it an all but some detail would be nice!
Nope, that's about it! Dip and plant (or suspend over water depending). Do you mean how it works scientifically?

I have seen one case where someone revegged an autoflower, so if you want to take the buds but leave the leaves, you could see if it flowers again!
That is an interesting thing to think about. I think I will try that in a later stage when I can play more around.
Dip and plant (or suspend over water depending). Do you mean how it works scientifically?
See that I didn't know. The dip and plant or suspend over water. Tanks for that! Yeah I was wondering how it works.

Quick question :
Are mother plants of photo periods difficult to manage? I have a spare box with fans and could just pop in a light or two for veg. Those dinafem seeds are like 350 a pop in my currency. And it is still illegal to buy seeds. I want to clone and use the tent to grow them out

15791532597957603791079110504366.jpg

15791533058482745290040077316774.jpg

Two new seeds are looking healthy. The sun has been roasting my plants so I have these in a 60-70% full sun for now till the next set of leaves starts.

157915344549099525532858370283.jpg

15791537164808204807024795182414.jpg

Botanium looking very healthy an all. Just waiting on my tent then I'll move her.

Attachments

• 15791535271984385624589629004038.jpg
    15791535271984385624589629004038.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 15791536531962221250838552273134.jpg
    15791536531962221250838552273134.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 24
Looks like you have the next grow moving along really well!
Are mother plants of photo periods difficult to manage?
Not at all. There are a number of ways to keep them small. I'm on my phone now but I'll come back and post some links for you when I get back on my computer.

The dip and plant or suspend over water. Tanks for that! Yeah I was wondering how it works.
Suspend over water if you clone using hydro is what I meant!

Back
Top Bottom