I can only tell you how I do autos outside. I put them on a heat mat inside until the sprout, and then they immediately go into their final pot and are put outside in full sun from day one. Just like a seed in nature. This way there is no need to harden them off.

That said, if it's 90ºF I'd keep them in the shade during the heat of the day. 80º I'd let them stay out.

In terms of nutes, starting them on a low dose with the second set of leaves is probably a good idea. You have to ramp nutes up more quickly for autos because of the short veg times.

I can only tell you how I do autos outside. I put them on a heat mat inside until the sprout, and then they immediately go into their final pot and are put outside in full sun from day one. Just like a seed in nature. This way there is no need to harden them off.

That said, if it's 90ºF I'd keep them in the shade during the heat of the day. 80º I'd let them stay out.

In terms of nutes, starting them on a low dose with the second set of leaves is probably a good idea. You have to ramp nutes up more quickly for autos because of the short veg times.
I have been thinking of this since you mentioned it. I have been lower than 15 °c and outside Temps have been 31°c and fairly harsh and are growing very well . OK so full sun it is! The nutes pattern I'm referring to would in My mind it would be :

Week 1 quart veg
Week 2 half veg
Week 3 full veg
Week 4 half bloom
Week 5 full bloom

Just a rough guess

Hey dk! Nice little grow you got going. I’m gonna sub and watch from here.
Hi there :ciao:

Thank you my good sir! Feel free to throw in some knowledge and opinions! I'm always keen to learn!

There's no need to start flower nutes until you see pistils forming, however long that takes. But I would be up to full strength veg nutes by week 4 if it hasn't started to flower by then.
Ahh yes! Yet again you have bestowed wisdom upon me :adore: thank you

Mr @InTheShed... When growing autos outdoor... I read up that it must be planted into the final pot. So when I grow them outdoors. Will I have them shaded for the first week cause my sun is kinda harsh in the beginning. Temps were cooler when I started this grow so now I just want to be cautious as the seedling stage as it can affect the later stages.

I want to use the same size bags as I did before (blue shoprite bag) which is roughly about 5 gallons. I'll measure to be sure. I am also curious to know what's the nutes pattern like?

The Cheese auto caught me by surprise and the first one died quickly. The "early flower plant was also a huge surprise! So I'm just growing but I did notice that the cheese auto is very very small but I presume that was due to the transplant?

Morning brother just be wary bout the shoprite bags as they tend to become very brittle in our heat/sun as I grew in them last year also and they started falling apart after cpl months in the sun...

Morning brother just be wary bout the shoprite bags as they tend to become very brittle in our heat/sun as I grew in them last year also and they started falling apart after cpl months in the sun...
Mine did the exact same thing! I can always use the 7 gallon fabric pots

20200109_094759.jpg

20200109_095411.jpg

20200109_095425.jpg

How does she look?

I have been checking daily and it's still white or milky. No amber as of yet. Lots of amber pistils though

So tent ordered... Now I'm thinking whether or not to do DWC or coco... I mean it would be practically the same just less maintenance on the coco... Maybe stick with coco for now... 120x60x150cm doesn't sound too bad. I should be able to maintain temps and wind easily with what I have. Once I move again I'll buy the air filter and all.

I think I can only do 3 plants at a time but lucky the botanium is small so maybe I can squesse it in if I'm lucky.

Coming along nicely DK. How was the bud you harvested? 130 odd grams is nothing to sniff at. Good job. Does she smoke well and have a good high? They looked ready to me. Cool vibes on the tent. Plan for loadshedding. It will efff your shiz up and fry your timers.

Coming along nicely DK. How was the bud you harvested? 130 odd grams is nothing to sniff at. Good job. Does she smoke well and have a good high? They looked ready to me. Cool vibes on the tent. Plan for loadshedding. It will efff your shiz up and fry your timers.
Ja shit I kinda ignored shedding... Shit... Oh well

The bud came out rather nice. High isn't really impressive but it's mostly mind high so maybe I'm just not used to this high. Buds smell like a hint of mango but they do definitely smoke well no burn or anything

You could always grow sog style DK! (Damn I might have called it a wrong name, either way, someone will correct me) grow in smaller containers, having smaller plants for your yield, but growing more at once. You could have your old box for a veg box, and get your self a perpetual grow! :thumb: 8 in veg, and 8 in flower. While harvesting every two weeks!:blunt:

You could always grow sog style DK! (Damn I might have called it a wrong name, either way, someone will correct me) grow in smaller containers, having smaller plants for your yield, but growing more at once. You could have your old box for a veg box, and get your self a perpetual grow! :thumb: 8 in veg, and 8 in flower. While harvesting every two weeks!:blunt:
You got the name right SOG - sea of green...
I see people doing it with clones a lot. Actually I'm going to try and emulate what I saw from the blue angel grow.

Now that I can see the quantity of what a good harvest in weight is I can push even harder on quality control... After seeing what you grew I'm keen on the same. After all its just for me so let's do something beautiful.

This hobby is really expensive. Grow lights being by far the worst in prices. I now know how to determine quality of those lights on wish and e Bay. My lights was supposed to be 300w but only does 100w consumption with 54 leds

So the calculation was
100w x 0.9
90 ÷ 54
= 1.6 w per LED.

That's half the quality of something decent that has 3 w per LED.

I hope my information is correct :laugh:

Now everything decent is like $150 and that's painful....

How's COB lights? There is some for like $25 at 50w. The reviewer said that it actually burnt his plant in the beginning but isn't that cause of the lens?

Ja shit I kinda ignored shedding... Shit... Oh well

The bud came out rather nice. High isn't really impressive but it's mostly mind high so maybe I'm just not used to this high. Buds smell like a hint of mango but they do definitely smoke well no burn or anything
Yeah that's the only thing keeping me from upgrading to flower indoors. Well loadshedding and the.fact that no one can mess.with the sun . Having a wildly ineffective electric supply just won't work for me. I know of a few people who just don't grow anymore or have moved outside. Some had their while grow hermie on them. Sucks hard

Yeah that's the only thing keeping me from upgrading to flower indoors. Well loadshedding and the.fact that no one can mess.with the sun . Having a wildly ineffective electric supply just won't work for me. I know of a few people who just don't grow anymore or have moved outside. Some had their while grow hermie on them. Sucks hard
Well I need to do some research again on Temps and all. Maybe I can work around it but damn yeah I understand. The load shedding is what makes me hesitant on dwc. I'd like to do it outside but it's a lot of work

Back
Top Bottom