Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Right I get that I'm jus wondering is the chart says the next thing my plants are supposed to get is plain water but they need to wait to dry out first. But if the time it takes to wait goes even past the next drench which would I do then once its dry? The plain water or skip the plain water an jus do the drench?

Let them get dry....as the directions say. Then give them either water, water + 1/4 Trans, or a Drench.....as the directions say. There is no reason to deviate from the directions. Especially at first.

They actually work.

Morning all! Happy Sunday. Just a "How bad is this?" question.

My girls are showing pre-flower. I am pretty sure I know why...We had a breaker trip over a week ago and the laundry room where my tent is lost power. I was hoping it was not long, but it very well could have been for longer than a day. I had back to back medical procedures that kept me out of my regular morning and nightly checks.

Not sure if they will get back in synch with the light cycle...Here are the pics. Girl Scout Crack 1 is showing more than #2. Advice?

Girl Scout Crack #2 Day 33
Girl Scout Crack #1 Day 33

Get them back to their original cycle of long days. Do NOT change the photoperiod . Keep them on vegging schedule.
Thanks Duggs! They are on 18 on 6 off.

I think I have you beat Lady!?!? Need help/advice.

So my girls have been flowering in veg for a while now 16/8. I was away from them for a week and came back to a couple things, the Pupil Magoo is full on flowering, trichs and amazing odors and all! Less concerned about that as I'm am planning on changing to 12/12 if the next problem is not that big a deal. About 2 weeks ago I did a sulfur burn to get rid of PM, I think that worked, haven't seen any more BUT the top leaves look as though they've been destroyed by bugs but no bugs in sight! Was it the sulfur and think they'll be ok?

So my girls have been flowering in veg for a while now 16/8. I was away from them for a week and came back to a couple things, the Pupil Magoo is full on flowering, trichs and amazing odors and all! Less concerned about that as I'm am planning on changing to 12/12 if the next problem is not that big a deal. About 2 weeks ago I did a sulfur burn to get rid of PM, I think that worked, haven't seen any more BUT the top leaves look as though they've been destroyed by bugs but no bugs in sight! Was it the sulfur and think they'll be ok?

Sorry, Brother, I do think that's sufur burn. How long did you burn the sulfur for? Did you do it during lights out?

Great,...be patient with them now....it may take them a few days or a week to get goin again! Cheers LadyG
Thanks Duggs! Just switched timers too. I bought a digital one. I hated the freaking manual one. Santa has already come several times this season...lol

About 4 hours and yes, lights out, rh was 99% when I opened the tent. The thing that may have screwed me is I had a clip fan hanging a foot or so over the canopy and with the rh a bunch of white residue gathered on that fan and spread it all over the top of the plants. I shook off as much as I could and removed that fan.

Do you think they'll be OK? The rest of the plant looks good. Should I cut those tops off, just the bad leaves??

Thanks brother!

:passitleft:

Bummer Ween. I bet she'll recover with a little TLC. I am learning that these plants are amazingly resilient.

About 4 hours and yes, lights out, rh was 99% when I opened the tent. The thing that may have screwed me is I had a clip fan hanging a foot or so over the canopy and with the rh a bunch of white residue gathered on that fan and spread it all over the top of the plants. I shook off as much as I could and removed that fan.

Do you think they'll be OK? The rest of the plant looks good. Should I cut those tops off, just the bad leaves??

Thanks brother!

The bad leaves won't recover but the plant should. I wouldn't expect her to be your top producer, though, since she's in flower now. If it was in veg, you could let her recover before making the flip. That being said, she is in high brix soil - maybe she'll just "shrug it off"? Perhaps @Doc Bud can recommend the best path forward? Usually, with any issues the heavy TP's to get the roots working is a good practice but, since the damage is all to the leaves, I'm thinking in this case, some heavy GE's may be better. Anxious to hears the Doc's prescription for this one! :goodluck:

BTW, I think you should apply sulfur 30 minutes on & 30 minutes off? :hmmmm:

Thanks Krip! Not in flower yet, they all decided to start flowering under 16/8.

Thinking I should chop the affected tops off???

I think Doc can give better advice than I on this one (and most other things, frankly! :rofl:) since I don't use sulfur. My sense is, if it has any chance of photosynthesis, leave it on right now.

Since I was just attributing Doc's kit to the best grow I've ever had, I thought I'd share some pics here with a new radio jingle:

"You provide the environment best, and let Doc's microbes do the rest!" :theband:

Here are a couple pics of some ready-to-jar Tut buds and some shots of this morning's harvest of White Widow & Fruit Punch:

full

full

full

full

full

full

Thanks, Doc!!! :thanks:

@neikodog @Duggan @Graytail what do you guys think of my sulfur burn issue? Chop leaves or tops off? Is it OK to flip?

I haven't done a sulfur burn, but I have an opinion on the pruning question. :)

I've cut off a top at flip and it worked great. The plant will stretch the same, using the lower shoots - no sweat. I'd only do it right at flip, though. So, yes, you could lop off the damaged stuff.

Otherwise, if the new growth past the damaged stuff is fine, it won't really matter. It should continue to sprout new undamaged growth.

:Namaste:

I haven't done a sulfur burn, but I have an opinion on the pruning question. :)

I've cut off a top at flip and it worked great. The plant will stretch the same, using the lower shoots - no sweat. I'd only do it right at flip, though. So, yes, you could lop off the damaged stuff.

Otherwise, if the new growth past the damaged stuff is fine, it won't really matter. It should continue to sprout new undamaged growth.

:Namaste:

Thanks @Graytail! Does that hold true with my girls that are technically in veg 16/8 but all 4 are flowering already? If so, I can lop tonight and switch to 12/12 tomorrow or wait to lop until tomorrow lights on after 12 of dark?

Interesting what I notice is this has effective two sets of leafs and if you look close you
can see this started about half way between the the first and second set, notice the bottom
set of damaged leafs the damage is at the bottom end of the leaf and the next set its at
the top. this tells me it happened at the same time. lower set had already grown out some
so damage at the bottom second set just starting so damage at the start of the leaf. Does
not look like it continued and was only a one time issue

Back
Top Bottom