Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I’m there Archi! :thumb:

A question re leafwash: how soon can it be used on young plants, if needed for pests? I have some with just 4-5 nodes.

I have been giving weaponised foliars with Brix or Destress, just wondering if I can use leafwash this early.

And if I do, should I dilute the usual strength down at all?

:Namaste:

A question re leafwash: how soon can it be used on young plants, if needed for pests? I have some with just 4-5 nodes.

I have been giving weaponised foliars with Brix or Destress, just wondering if I can use leafwash this early.

Oh shiza I totally forgot about the plant being old enough lol. I hit my gorilla glue#4 auto with the leaf wash the other day. I hope they are ok I did get some weird rusty colored patches on a few leaves and had as one white residue left on a few leaves but over all they looked better I think lol. Well besides the rusty patches that is:laugh:

I did without any issues, you don't want to use it once it starts flowering due to the oils in it

Ok so I was wondering if my veg plant is still kinda heavey in the pot and the soil is still damp shud I water? It says according to the little chart that comes with the kit yesterday shud be a plain watering day. But I know u shudnt over water them. An doc said in his online videos dnt ever water a wet plant. So I'm guessing I wait till the plant tells me she wants a drink and let her dry out completely. But if that takes me to the time of the next drench to dry her out would I skip the plain water and jus go 2 the drench. Or do i follow the schedule on the chart but just at the plants pace??

Sometimes they (plants) just seem to sit there and do nothing. This is a challenging time for newer growers as they feel that sloooowww growth is cuz their thirsty. This is simply because almost 100% of the plants energy is going towards 'anchoring' herself with a good foundation...roots..above ground foliage just doesn't grow. But when the roots get goin,..the foliage does too. Our DBHBB soil is geared towards the roots. Cheers Ween, BJ, and friends.:circle-of-love:

Sometimes they (plants) just seem to sit there and do nothing. This is a challenging time for newer growers as they feel that sloooowww growth is cuz their thirsty. This is simply because almost 100% of the plants energy is going towards 'anchoring' herself with a good foundation...roots..above ground foliage just doesn't grow. But when the roots get goin,..the foliage does too. Our DBHBB soil is geared towards the roots. Cheers Ween, BJ, and friends.:circle-of-love:
Right I get that I'm jus wondering is the chart says the next thing my plants are supposed to get is plain water but they need to wait to dry out first. But if the time it takes to wait goes even past the next drench which would I do then once its dry? The plain water or skip the plain water an jus do the drench?

Right I get that I'm jus wondering is the chart says the next thing my plants are supposed to get is plain water but they need to wait to dry out first. But if the time it takes to wait goes even past the next drench which would I do then once its dry? The plain water or skip the plain water an jus do the drench?
What up Blaze, Keep to the schedule... as in if the plant takes a week to dry out you will still give it what is next in line. If the schedule says water, give her water. You want to keep the feed cycle the same, regardless if it dries slow.
So you basically you wont be able to keep all plants on the same schedule. If the others are dry and ready, give them water now, but the wet one doesn't get its water until dry. That make sense?

The schedule , as far as the time lines go...mean nothing. Go by what she/they got last time OK!
Let her dry out and if she is due for a water only drink...then give a water only drink.

He answered that in an earlier post. What daj said.

:passitleft:

He answered that in an earlier post. What daj said.

:passitleft:

Exactly, forget the schedule from a timing perspective and just keep rotating the drenches with the Water + TP in between - and only when the pots are dry (that's your timing! ;) )

What up Blaze, Keep to the schedule... as in if the plant takes a week to dry out you will still give it what is next in line. If the schedule says water, give her water. You want to keep the feed cycle the same, regardless if it dries slow.
So you basically you wont be able to keep all plants on the same schedule. If the others are dry and ready, give them water now, but the wet one doesn't get its water until dry. That make sense?

Awesome thanx man that was exactly what I needed. And yes it makes perfect sense now. Man I cant wait for my first hb harvest. And knowing this now really makes me even more wana start up more plants in hb soil. Cause as it is now when I make up any of the foilers or stuff like my leaf wash I always end up with a ton I didnt need so it jus gets wasted. Maybe now they r in bigger pots the drenches wont be wasted so much since they got more soil they will obviously hold more water so I feel like I'll be fine there now but the foilers still have a bunch left over so I wana start some more plants but I dont have enuf hb soil ready or wont have enuf to uppot to ten gallon pots come flower. But once my second kit is done cooking I'll have another 40 some gallons to play with so after uppotting all current girls to ten gal cloth pots then flip them. Maybe I'll start like 2 or 3 more plants from seed. So that way Ill have a few different hibrix strains in my personal stash arsenal.

Exactly, forget the schedule from a timing perspective and just keep rotating the drenches with the Water + TP in between - and only when the pots are dry (that's your timing! ;) )

Awesome guys thanx every1 so much for the quick responses and all the help. This newbie hb grower here still getn his legs under him so bare with me an I'll get there. Especially with all you guys helpn me along shizz I'll be there in no time lol. But yea I cant believe how fast they growing now. It seems like once I uppoted them into bigger pots they jus exploded into a growth spurt an jus started gettn bigger. I had to top and super crop my devil's carnival already cause how tall they were getn. So I'm very excited to see how big I can push them. To help increase side branching u do topping and fimming right?

Awesome guys thanx every1 so much for the quick responses and all the help. This newbie hb grower here still getn his legs under him so bare with me an I'll get there. Especially with all you guys helpn me along shizz I'll be there in no time lol. But yea I cant believe how fast they growing now. It seems like once I uppoted them into bigger pots they jus exploded into a growth spurt an jus started gettn bigger. I had to top and super crop my devil's carnival already cause how tall they were getn. So I'm very excited to see how big I can push them. To help increase side branching u do topping and fimming right?
Welcome to HB Blazin. I just got my first couple plants off ground as well and there’s lots of good info already given. As far as training goes I think the world is your oyster man. I don’t recall anything that Doc leans one way or the other with training. He does recommend alternating nodes on the plant being the ideal time to flip, I believe.

Welcome to HB Blazin. I just got my first couple plants off ground as well and there’s lots of good info already given. As far as training goes I think the world is your oyster man. I don’t recall anything that Doc leans one way or the other with training. He does recommend alternating nodes on the plant being the ideal time to flip, I believe.

Well I'm doing mostly from clones. So that started off alter acting branches lol. But yea I'm guna get these babies as big as I can lol.

Back
Top Bottom