Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey @Doc Bud not sure if you've commented yet on Krips heavy handed tea method so wondering if you can? You cannot argue with his stellar results! I was always under the impression that I needed to be careful with the tea and not give too much because it would burn the roots. (Or is that too strong brix?) If its OK. I may try it on my next grow.

:passitleft:

I'll look forward to Brother Doc's response, but tea shouldn't burn the roots since it's basically the "micro colony" and too strong Brix, I would think, would burn the leaves and not the roots. Also, remember you can safely double (or more!) the dosages and do just that when dunking.

My own thinking behind the high tea doses is quite simple...

If/when there's an issue NOT related to environment, the prognosis is almost always that "the Roots haven't hooked up with the soil, yet". A Destress foliar will alleviate some temporary deficiencies, but if the roots aren't hooked up with the soil you'll be spraying Destress through the whole grow.

The "cure" is either waiting for the roots to hook up, or start some Rescue Drenches. The Rescue Drenches have higher concentrations of both TP and Tea than I use. The TP would be providing some supplemental nutrients and the Tea providing the herd to break them down.

The way I look at it, by upping the dosage of tea, it's kinda like "micro-dosing" a Rescue Drench (without the additional TP since there's plenty of nutes in the soil mix!) with every feeding and helps keep everything "hooked up".

I do look forward to Doc's views on this! :Namaste:

Hey @Doc Bud not sure if you've commented yet on Krips heavy handed tea method so wondering if you can? You cannot argue with his stellar results! I was always under the impression that I needed to be careful with the tea and not give too much because it would burn the roots. (Or is that too strong brix?) If its OK. I may try it on my next grow.

:passitleft:

Hi Ween,

Tea won't burn the roots, but using too much of it won't get "better" results than using enough. Certainly 10 mils in 2 gallons of water is perfectly safe.....but will it work better than 5 mils?

Perhaps not? Maybe? Depends?

Please take note that we use massive amounts of Tea in the Rescue and Super Drenches, so if a person is growing a strain that likes a Super Drench it's perfectly logical to go heavy on the Tea.

Krip is doing what I wish everyone would do.....learning the products and trying new stuff. It's obviously not working for him, since he had to resort to fake plants for his photo updates.

Hi Ween,

Tea won't burn the roots, but using too much of it won't get "better" results than using enough. Certainly 10 mils in 2 gallons of water is perfectly safe.....but will it work better than 5 mils?

Perhaps not? Maybe? Depends?

Please take note that we use massive amounts of Tea in the Rescue and Super Drenches, so if a person is growing a strain that likes a Super Drench it's perfectly logical to go heavy on the Tea.

Krip is doing what I wish everyone would do.....learning the products and trying new stuff. It's obviously not working for him, since he had to resort to fake plants for his photo updates.
There needs to be a way to do a "Like" a "Thanks", and a "Haha" on the same post! :hmmmm:

Just some good ol fake plants
FFF33C92-075A-4DA7-97C8-DDAC730C74F0.jpeg
709DDE81-EC4C-4BEE-962F-81A937FCE497.jpeg

Heads up on Amazon:

The DBHBB store will be closed this Thursday afternoon to next Wednesday Morning....vacation.

If you need stuff right away, order now! Otherwise, things will continue per normal beginning next Wednesday.

Just wanted to mention something that I just thought of even though it’s pretty obvious. So I was feeding at 1 ml per gal of soil drench and .1 ml tea per gal of soil and was still getting some purple stems and petiols.

My conclusion was that I was giving them enough food since I started adding more drench but not enough tea to keep the microbes in check, and now that I’ve started doing 2.5 ml tea per gal of water as I’ve seen a lot of you do it seems my girls a waaay happier now.

Anyways just wanted to share for any newer brixers out there that might be having this issue

Just wanted to mention something that I just thought of even though it’s pretty obvious. So I was feeding at 1 ml per gal of soil drench and .1 ml tea per gal of soil and was still getting some purple stems and petiols.

My conclusion was that I was giving them enough food since I started adding more drench but not enough tea to keep the microbes in check, and now that I’ve started doing 2.5 ml tea per gal of water as I’ve seen a lot of you do it seems my girls a waaay happier now.

Anyways just wanted to share for any newer brixers out there that might be having this issue

Did you also multiply the Drench by 25, or just the Tea?

Back
Top Bottom