420 Magazine Background

Doc Bud: High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Gazoo

NOTICED something in the WEB SITE instruction page that I need to
bring to attention.

NOTICED under the SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS for Cooking Each batch it does
NOT INCLUDE EWC after the 2nd run and before the 3rd

Is this correct or simply a TYPO type error ?

Here is a cut and Paste from the section I am curious about
"
After your second grow
After the second crop is harvested, we take that same used soil and this time we add a bag of 3rd Run Amendment, and a light dusting of Roots! perhaps some healthy leaf scraps. Let this cook for a month and then use as normally directed. Please note: 3rd run "Recharge" is not needed nor is it recommended. Reduce use of foliar sprays to every 2 weeks for the 3rd Run.
"

all previous run instructions (1 & 2 runs ) specifically say to add EWC but not at this stage ?

Here is a link to his page with all the instructions for EACH Run cooking process

https://www.docbudsbrix.com/the-soil

I am asking so in the event it is a TYPO I dont want NEW USERS missing to add it

EDIT:

OK Its deffinetly a TYPO Type ERROR since I just pulled the instructions for the
3rd run amendment BTW 1 LBS Blaze

and it says to add EWC so

"
  • After a two complete cycles in Doc Bud’s Kit, the soil has a different set of mineral needs. To re-use the soil a third time, use this product!

• Third Run Amendment reflects the typical changes seen and addresses all mineral depletion that occurs after 2 cycles. Do not use along with Doc Bud's regular Recharge.

• Application: Added to soil that has had 2 complete cycles. Re-cook soil after harvest with the 3rd. Run Amendment and Earthworm Castings (not included) carefully mixed in.
"

Last edited:

Doc Bud

420 Sponsor
NOTICED something in the WEB SITE instruction page that I need to
bring to attention.

NOTICED under the SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS for Cooking Each batch it does
NOT INCLUDE EWC after the 2nd run and before the 3rd

Is this correct or simply a TYPO type error ?

Here is a cut and Paste from the section I am curious about
"
After your second grow
After the second crop is harvested, we take that same used soil and this time we add a bag of 3rd Run Amendment, and a light dusting of Roots! perhaps some healthy leaf scraps. Let this cook for a month and then use as normally directed. Please note: 3rd run "Recharge" is not needed nor is it recommended. Reduce use of foliar sprays to every 2 weeks for the 3rd Run.
"

all previous run instructions (1 & 2 runs ) specifically say to add EWC but not at this stage ?

Here is a link to his page with all the instructions for EACH Run cooking process

https://www.docbudsbrix.com/the-soil

I am asking so in the event it is a TYPO I dont want NEW USERS missing to add it

EDIT:

OK Its deffinetly a TYPO Type ERROR since I just pulled the instructions for the
3rd run amendment BTW 3 LBS Blaze

and it says to add EWC so

"
  • After a two complete cycles in Doc Bud’s Kit, the soil has a different set of mineral needs. To re-use the soil a third time, use this product!

• Third Run Amendment reflects the typical changes seen and addresses all mineral depletion that occurs after 2 cycles. Do not use along with Doc Bud's regular Recharge.

• Application: Added to soil that has had 2 complete cycles. Re-cook soil after harvest with the 3rd. Run Amendment and Earthworm Castings (not included) carefully mixed in.
"

Thanks Gazoo.

We'll fix this.

Mr. Krip

Grow Journalist
420 Staff
Brixer Question: What's the recommendation for re-charging 3rd run soil. Same as the first two runs? Use less? Skip it? :hmmmm:

Duggan

Member of the Month: Aug 2016, June 2017 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2014, Dec 2017, April 2018, July 2019 - Nug of the Month: April 2018

Amy Gardner

Member of the Month: March 2018 - Photo of the Month: April, Dec 2018, Apr 2019
Wow! Gorgeous pic. Now, please tell me what you’re using for a camera, special lighting(?), etc.
Thanks mmm :) I have a Nikon d5600 and an entry level macro lens for portraits and closeups. No special lighting in this one, unless you count my 1000+ Samsung LED diodes ;)

dr.h00k

Member of the Month: July 2017 - Nug of the Month: Nov 2017, Dec 2018 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Nov 2016
...so...I'm gonna' run out of tea before a couple of my brix girlz finish(Damn Sativa's... :rolleyes: :19:)...would it be acceptable to just bump up trans/growth feedings(strength, not frequency) in it's absence?...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Last edited:

Mr. Krip

Grow Journalist
420 Staff
How much EWC do I add to 2.8 Cu.Ft. of ProMix HP I been searching but cant find it this morning I will be mixing the stuff in a couple days
It should be about 22 pounds on the first run and half of that on the 2nd & 3rd runs.

It's 30 lbs. for a 3.8 cu. ft. bale which is 7.89 lbs. per cu. ft. and 7.89 x 2.8 = 22.092 lbs.

dr.h00k

Member of the Month: July 2017 - Nug of the Month: Nov 2017, Dec 2018 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Nov 2016

Mr. Krip

Grow Journalist
420 Staff
I bought the kit, Is there anything else I need for a first run? Does the kit have everything I need to do a complete run seed to harvest with what is included in the kit ?
The kit has everything you need. The only real "add-on" is the Snake Oil which isn't required but can help with some strains.

Doc Bud

420 Sponsor
I am assuming that I will need to perches stuff for second and third run is that correct ? The bottles that came with the kit are really small so I probably will not have any left after the first run is that correct ?
Yep. The kit is described as what you need to fully amend and grow from seed to harvest 6 plants, using a 3.8 cft bale of Promix and 20 to 40 lbs of EWC.

Follow directions!

Morglie

I figured while I was mixing the other I could get it all mixed up and be ready for spring. Will it hurt to go ahead and mix it now
It'll be fine as long as you keep it in the 70f range. If it gets too cold the biota will go dormant and you'll need to kick start it with some roots and transdrench/tea. I'm not certain if there's a top limit on the temp. I've had the room mine is in hit 100f without any issues.
I am assuming that I will need to perches stuff for second and third run is that correct ? The bottles that came with the kit are really small so I probably will not have any left after the first run is that correct ?
You'll have leftover of at least some of the products after the first run. I think I was in 2nd or 3rd before I needed anything beyond 2nd run amendment to keep things going.

Doc Bud

420 Sponsor
How far off from harvest are these buds they been budding about 8 weeks and it's an auto flower
Looks like it's all the same top, so it's hard to tell. If all the buds look like that you're in the window.

Top Bottom