Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I've posted it before, but here's that filter I use.

You can find it on 'zon and elsewhere. Search for "carbon hose water filter". There are a half dozen choices. Some even use "eco" in their names. :bongrip:

:Namaste:

Good morning Puffer, Gray and friends. I have been in touch with doc over this whole water thing last night.
Everyone please take note.......the issue with our city tap water is not so much the chlorine , because it dissipates quite quickly when left to sit out a few days.....The issue is the chloramine..it needs to be removed before using it. Keep in mind there are other factors that make tap water undesirable also , like the other chemicals and solids that MAY be in that water . I hope this explains things somewhat better for members.
I would like to also add ...if leaving your tap water out , uncovered for at least 3 days, outside, critters will love to lay eggs etc in it, so be aware of that too. Cheers gang!...have a great Sat.
Oh ya...Puffer, glad you found that spring...:thumb:
I bet them same critters, poop and lay eggs into that spring also !! Good afternoon to you, Mr. Duggan !! i'm gonna take a ride too look at that spring now.

You can find it on 'zon and elsewhere. Search for "carbon hose water filter". There are a half dozen choices. Some even use "eco" in their names. :bongrip:

I use a similar one but the ones I use are actually made for an RV which, as it turns out, uses a standard hose hookup. And, it's made to filter drinking water so goes down to a pretty low micron# and was much less money than the filters made for the garden. That filter you showed sells for $36.95. I picked up a 2-pack of these for $17.64 but it looks like the best deal, right now, is a 4-pack for $44.95:

8146SeaUTdL._SL1500_.jpg

Krip....or Gray..can u guys see on the filter somewhere if it says it removes chloramine?:passitleft:
Thats wat we need out of the water. doc just contacted me again today about this matter and said that chlorine is not the big problem, as it does dissipate very quickly , especially with pouring back and forth between containers and or aeration. It still has to sit out for at least two days for all the chlorine to evaporate.
He did add that the chloramine is very bad and a definite not good for our soil. cheers eh.
Also , by looking at those in line filters...one could run two of those in series , correct! Just make up a short section of hose to go between them and u would have double the effectiveness?

Krip....or Gray..can u guys see on the filter somewhere if it says it removes chloramine?:passitleft:
Thats wat we need out of the water. doc just contacted me again today about this matter and said that chlorine is not the big problem, as it does dissipate very quickly , especially with pouring back and forth between containers and or aeration. It still has to sit out for at least two days for all the chlorine to evaporate.
He did add that the chloramine is very bad and a definite not good for our soil. cheers eh.
Also , by looking at those in line filters...one could run two of those in series , correct! Just make up a short section of hose to go between them and u would have double the effectiveness?

Yes, they filter out chloramines and you COULD run them in series, however, I don't believe you'd get anywhere near double the effectiveness.

I think it filters down to 20 micron, so anything smaller than 20 micron will pass through BOTH the first filter and the second filter. The first filter SHOULD trap anything over 20 micron so not sure what would be left for the second filter to catch? :hmmmm:

For double the effectiveness, get a smaller micron filter! ;)

Perfect Krip,..understood . Thank you. I'm going to explore this some more....i need to get my tap water , properly analyzed , dig a bit deeper. Having 4 or 5 pales sitting around may help low RH during these winter months too. I'm gonna check more on specific filters and cost , etc.
No boys this weekend,...Mare's coming over ....time for a serious chat....:surf:

:reading420magazine:

Perfect Krip,..understood . Thank you. I'm going to explore this some more....i need to get my tap water , properly analyzed , dig a bit deeper. Having 4 or 5 pales sitting around may help low RH during these winter months too. I'm gonna check more on specific filters and cost , etc.
No boys this weekend,...Mare's coming over ....time for a serious chat....:surf:

:reading420magazine:
:high-five::goodluck:

thanks !!
I use a similar one but the ones I use are actually made for an RV which, as it turns out, uses a standard hose hookup. And, it's made to filter drinking water so goes down to a pretty low micron# and was much less money than the filters made for the garden. That filter you showed sells for $36.95. I picked up a 2-pack of these for $17.64 but it looks like the best deal, right now, is a 4-pack for $44.95:

8146SeaUTdL._SL1500_.jpg
It says that it removes chlorine, but not chloramine . I got both. The other one for 36$ says it eliminates chloramine. I looked at distilled water at Wally world today, 88 cents a gal..

thanks !!

It says that it removes chlorine, but not chloramine . I got both. The other one for 36$ says it eliminates chloramine. I looked at distilled water at Wally world today, 88 cents a gal..
If you search the Q&A on the RV unit for "Chloramine", you'll see the question was asked and answered by the manufacturer. According to them, it removes chloramines, too! ;)

If you search the Q&A on the RV unit for "Chloramine", you'll see the question was asked and answered by the manufacturer. According to them, it removes chloramines, too! ;)
That's a real good deal !! If that's true, I'm getting one for my hose. How often you replace it ? Every 100 gal., 1000 gal ?

That's a real good deal !! If that's true, I'm getting one for my hose. How often you replace it ? Every 100 gal., 1000 gal ?

Answered from another user:

Camco says "up to 500 gallons". In my experience when using it on water systems with basically good clean residential water, I can get 1000 gallons easily. After that I put on a new one and install the old one on my garden hose at home for use watering our potted plants.

Answered from another user:
i'm thinking of cutting a hose and making it fit over my bathroom cold water faucet and run it thru the filter, into my containers. is this a possibility? For my little 3, 4x4 tent operation only uses about 10 gal a week, or less.

i'm thinking of cutting a hose and making it fit over my bathroom cold water faucet and run it thru the filter, into my containers. is this a possibility? For my little 3, 4x4 tent operation only uses about 10 gal a week, or less.

It's a standard hose attachment so if you can thread, or somehow securely fit, a garden hose on the faucet, it will work.

Hey guys I had a question about the kit to reammend the soil an use it again a second time do I need to get the ammendment bag "first run"? Also for my one plant in the 10 gal cloth pot it was an auto so do u think that soil still has some life in it since it was only used about half the time normal photos go? Jus wondering if I re cook it will it be to hot an throw things out of whack maybe I should jus uppot my peppers with it to finish using it up that way? What does every1 think any ideas will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Hey guys I had a question about the kit to reammend the soil an use it again a second time do I need to get the ammendment bag "first run"? Also for my one plant in the 10 gal cloth pot it was an auto so do u think that soil still has some life in it since it was only used about half the time normal photos go? Jus wondering if I re cook it will it be to hot an throw things out of whack maybe I should jus uppot my peppers with it to finish using it up that way? What does every1 think any ideas will be greatly appreciated thank you.

When done with the first harvest, mix the old soil with another bag of EWC and First Run Ammendment (even though it's 2nd run! ;) ) and re-cook. Treat your auto soil just like the photo soil. Add it to the mix and re-cook it.

When done with the first harvest, mix the old soil with another bag of EWC and First Run Ammendment (even though it's 2nd run! ;) ) and re-cook. Treat your auto soil just like the photo soil. Add it to the mix and re-cook it.

Blaze, how many total kit plants do You have? A full kits worth? If so, maybe wait until all plants are done and re-amend all together....? If you want to do the 1 auto then divide everything in 4. Did you buy bulk or standard kit? If standard, you should have used all the amendment in the 1st run.

Puffer- did you not find the spring?

Blaze, how many total kit plants do You have? A full kits worth? If so, maybe wait until all plants are done and re-amend all together....? If you want to do the 1 auto then divide everything in 4. Did you buy bulk or standard kit? If standard, you should have used all the amendment in the 1st run.

I got like 3 normal kits worth over 2 months. But yea I am holding off till the rest are done then jus guna get the 1st run ammendment n re cook all together. I think I'm guna get a kits worth of HB soil going for just autos plus get another kit for my non 420 garden lol.

Also this had me wondering isnt the roots organic material so wouldnt keeping them in there when re cooking mess things up if I keep adding 30 lbs of ewc each recook?

Back
Top Bottom