Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I've posted it before, but here's that filter I use.

You can find it on 'zon and elsewhere. Search for "carbon hose water filter". There are a half dozen choices. Some even use "eco" in their names. :bongrip:

:Namaste:

I’ve run these type of filters on my town supplied tap water for years. It’s the top of line boggie blue plus filter for $59 and is good for 50k gallons. Note though that it scrubs 99% of chlorine and 87% chloramine. I used it successfully for two years straight with our kit before it eventually plugs up. Fill up 3 buckets and keep in grow room so the are the same GR temp, and don’t shock the plants when used. I have a small portable RO system too that I’ve been using the last 6 months, and see no difference in the plants compared to the BB+ filter. Our water department doesn’t normally use chlorine or chloramine in the water, only when they have a break or repair work. They normal use ultraviolet treatment to kill the bad stuff.

I have a well but PPM is pretty high and it has sulfur too. When I started with the kit, I bought the boogie blue filter but it did not changed the PPM at all so I decided to go with spring water plus I use it for cooking and for our dogs so it's really not a big deal. The mountain spring is an awesome spot so worth the trip. The local spring is a pain because there is always a line. maybe I will try the well water sometime...?

:passitleft:

Doc alway said the rain water is best. I’d like to someday rig up a catch system from the gutters to fill a container in the basement, and then divert it back outside when it’s full. The RO system is wasteful. The BB+ inline filter I had was designed for making compost tea, where you don’t want to kill all the biota with unfiltered tap water that contains chlorine and chloramine. Same as our soil. The nice thing about the BB+ filter is that I could fill buckets with warm water if I got behind on my chores and did not have any buckets full in the grow room.

I feel for you folks that have to buy or go get your water at a remote location. That’s a lot of extra work!

Ya...that's me DL...but , it's on the way home from work for me , so...As i said too, one ounce of produce pays for the water i need for an entire crop , from seed to harvest . It's always the same , very consistent . I have three jugs , i rotate thru. Use ten gals. at every watering. Pull up to the store,..take empties in, grab two more, load truck,..back in to pay 9 dollars for two...leave ..home with water in about 8 min's. Done.:surf:

Ya...that's me DL...but , it's on the way home from work for me , so...As i said too, one ounce of produce pays for the water i need for an entire crop , from seed to harvest . It's always the same , very consistent . I have three jugs , i rotate thru. Use ten gals. at every watering. Pull up to the store,..take empties in, grab two more, load truck,..back in to pay 9 dollars for two...leave ..home with water in about 8 min's. Done.:surf:

Plus you get an arm workout, each 5 gallons is 40lbs. You must have 24” python guns of steel lugging those jugs to and fro!
Lol:hookah:

Seriously, I’d keep a filter in my house as a backup... you know, those times the old back is like...Ya Right!

When my back is out, I fill and roll the buckets of water around on Dolly’s, and use a small pump to water each plant. Then I smoke a J to relieve the pain... it’s a vicious cycle!

Plus you get an arm workout, each 5 gallons is 40lbs. You must have 24” python guns of steel lugging those jugs to and fro!
Lol:hookah:

Seriously, I’d keep a filter in my house as a backup... you know, those times the old back is like...Ya Right!

When my back is out, I fill and roll the buckets of water around on Dolly’s, and use a small pump to water each plant. Then I smoke a J to relieve the pain... it’s a vicious cycle!
You just gotta hope you grow enough to get relief from all the pain of growing! :rofl:

Blaze, how many total kit plants do You have? A full kits worth? If so, maybe wait until all plants are done and re-amend all together....? If you want to do the 1 auto then divide everything in 4. Did you buy bulk or standard kit? If standard, you should have used all the amendment in the 1st run.

Puffer- did you not find the spring?
I didn't go there today, weenmeoff, but I will tomorrow or next day. We're getting a fresh 8 inches tonight, so the country spring might not be excessable tomorrow, especially for a Honda Fit !! I did buy this today. Supposed to reduce both chlorine & chloramine. Also bought this adaptor,

ayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fg%2Fv-UAAOSwyDpb0cZn%2Fs-l140.jpg
Camco RV 22484 Water Bandit Fresh Water Hose Fittin
Camco GardenPURE Carbon Water Hose Filter -Filters Water From Your Garden Hose to Improve Plants Health and Provide Fresh Water for Pets and Animals- Great for Gardening and Farming (40691)

Hey guys when in flower should I be letting each pot go completely dry till the plant start to droop or should I feed right b4 the plant starts to go droopy? I know in veg we are supposed to go till the pot is completely dry an the plant is jus about to start to droop but wondering if I should be letting them go that dry in flower?

Hey guys when in flower should I be letting each pot go completely dry till the plant start to droop or should I feed right b4 the plant starts to go droopy? I know in veg we are supposed to go till the pot is completely dry an the plant is jus about to start to droop but wondering if I should be letting them go that dry in flower?
Hi Blaze :) Nope! Don’t want them drying out in flower at all.

For those who up-can and flip the same day the way that Doc does, he recommends doing one more dry cycle at first. And then once in full flower dont let it dry out again.

Hi Blaze :) Nope! Don’t want them drying out in flower at all.

For those who up-can and flip the same day the way that Doc does, he recommends doing one more dry cycle at first. And then once in full flower dont let it dry out again.

Ok awesome I thought that was the way it should go but wanted to ask the greats b4 I actually went ahead with the girls second cat feeding. Man the frost really pops up once I gave that first cat drench so I can only imagine how good she guna look after this one lol.

I use an aquarium pump and stone for each 5 gallon bucket of tap water. Right after I feed/water, ill fill the buckets back up and let them aerate all the way til the next feed/water, which could be anywhere from 5 to 7 days. Works great for me and I've seen no difference between using distilled/spring water and using this method

I use an aquarium pump and stone for each 5 gallon bucket of tap water. Right after I feed/water, ill fill the buckets back up and let them aerate all the way til the next feed/water, which could be anywhere from 5 to 7 days. Works great for me and I've seen no difference between using distilled/spring water and using this method

Bubbling the H2O will remove the chlorine but not the chloramines. Not all municipalities add chloramines but, if they're present, they need to be filtered out.

Bubbling the H2O will remove the chlorine but not the chloramines. Not all municipalities add chloramines but, if they're present, they need to be filtered out.
I guess I should have put in there that the water, in the town which I reside, has no chloamines

Krip....or Gray..can u guys see on the filter somewhere if it says it removes chloramine?:passitleft:
Thats wat we need out of the water. doc just contacted me again today about this matter and said that chlorine is not the big problem, as it does dissipate very quickly , especially with pouring back and forth between containers and or aeration. It still has to sit out for at least two days for all the chlorine to evaporate.
He did add that the chloramine is very bad and a definite not good for our soil. cheers eh.
Also , by looking at those in line filters...one could run two of those in series , correct! Just make up a short section of hose to go between them and u would have double the effectiveness?
Cannatard,
I've been using tap water (120-150 ppm), for the last 15 years, but these snobish hi-brixers, especially Duggan, has got me wondering if a cleaner water supply, might bring unexpected rewards. So I'm gonna try filtered water. The filter is on order. I've also located a natural spring, close to where I live. Really appreciate your input !!

Back
Top Bottom