Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Lol man magoo was right lol. These r so good dude u shud jus be a promoter for IHG. They cuould jus give u seeds to run an they just put ur pics up lol. Cause if this isnt good enuf to convince people to go get there gear then they must be a blind person :rofl: But yea brother congrats on those beauties u got there got me :drool:over here better get me a mop lol.

Ok so they were out of the dam bucket box deal for clones so I'll end up trying ur idea. So would I be better off with a clear/white bag or should i use a black bag? Also do I need light at this stage or should I turn it off? Cause I got a cfl going in there all the time cause my timer I had for my old cloning area broke. But I can get another if needed jus wondering what I should do light wise lol. Thanx tho for all the help it very much appreciated brotha :Namaste:
Clear or white will be fine. Yes, the clones need light just as in a veg cycle. Best to put them in your veg area with everything else.

I swear, I didn't do anything and it wasn't me! :oops: Something is funky with the kit soil and it's making all my plants look sugar coated! Doc says it's some kind of trichome problem and I've just been trying to nurse them to finish! :rofl:

Sorry, Brother! I'm not sure I understand your exact question. Are you asking me about temp & RH??? If so, it's about 70* F night, 78*F day & 45% RH. If not, please clarify and I'll do my best to answer! ;)

Thanks, guys! :thanks: I've actually sent some of the Dolato & Forbidos pics off to In-House and told them I'd love to be a strain tester for them! ;)

Not sure I've posted any of the Forbidos pics on this thread since the Dolatos pretty much make everything pale in comparison, but here's one of the Forbidos from last night, which would be a winner in any of my other (non-Dolato!) grows!:

full
So you have some leaves in the pics that are a bit wonky so I was wondering about your environment. So yes, the temps and rH, also things like what your tent is on and are the pots directly on the floor or up and insulated from cold temps. Just curious.

Ok so I was wondering can I or should I use leaf wash for a soil drench to get rid of any eggs from whatever bug I had out in my non 420hibrix veggie garden?
Leaf wash is intended as a foliar (hence, "LEAF Wash") and I would not use it as a drench.

Ok I figured that very thing cause the name haha but I figured I mite be wrong so figured I'd ask but yea thanx man
You might very well be right and it might work great, in the proper ratios (if there are any!) as a drench in a non-HB garden (which, I know, is where you want to use it). But, there are no instructions for its use as a drench so I would play it safe. I know it has things like neem oil which can be used as a drench but I'd still play it "safe" unless Doc provides some recommended use as such. ;)

soil drench to get rid of any eggs from whatever bug I had out in my non 420hibrix veggie garden?
Hey B, you might try a straight neem product of somekind to do that job. I use a product called Eco-oil and it will kill bug(ger)s in the soil - not sure what’s available over there. Just make sure its ok to use on edible gardens, whatever you use. :Namaste:

You might very well be right and it might work great, in the proper ratios (if there are any!) as a drench in a non-HB garden (which, I know, is where you want to use it). But, there are no instructions for its use as a drench so I would play it safe. I know it has things like neem oil which can be used as a drench but I'd still play it "safe" unless Doc provides some recommended use as such. ;)

Thanx man an yea I wasnt sure cause I have a straight organic neem oil that I have used in the past when I was doing los growing. But it always burns my plant leaves crispy or barley works on killing the pests I normally get which is spidermites. Only this time I think its thrips atleast from what I can find online from looking at pics. At first I thought it was jus cotton or something else like that gettn blown on to some of my other veggies cause my grandfather and mother both due there indoor veggie garden with mine we jus do r each own shit but it's for every1 kinda deal lol. But anyway I thought it was sumthn weird they had growing since they always got some new weird kinda veggie they throw in each year lol. But then I started to notice it moving one day so went an grabed my loup an it was billion gazillion lol bugs so I've been battling them this past month n are almost all gone (which im prolly wrong an there still is thousands left jus eggs r somthing lol) I jus wana make sure I get em all eggs included. This is the neem I got but dnt wana lose my only 3 pepper plants I got left do to the neem burning them (these are all hibrix peppers as well they are in docs soil) but I didnt know my grandmother had put all my old hb soil into one container that had all my old peppers that got infected bad with these bugs so I'm assuming its loaded with eggs since she jus knocked them all into one big pot. Well I thought it was my fresh hb soil so i transplanted my last 3 pepper plants I have that have been growing with my gorilla glue auto that I just harvested into the possibly contaminated soil.

But yea just wondering if this would work better a drench instead of a foiler since I'm having such shity luck with it burning out my plants and would it even be safe on HB soil? Or should I wait to see if any pests pop up and for now jus try and focus on healthily raising the brix level of the pepper plants so they jus naturally fight off the pests if there are any??

Oh and I'm excited to say my second set of clones i took yesterday are still alive the second day. This will be my first clones to make it using the soil method of taking clones. As long as they continue to keep looking like they did when I switched bags from the black to a white plastic I think they will make it. I used some destress at alil under half strength an sprayed them dwn to help them root faster like it says. But yea I forget who mentioned to me to try an use a plastic bag an put them into that to hold the moisture but dang since I did they look healthier then when I put them into the bag haha. But yea very excited to see if these 4 amnesia lemon clones make it an thanx every1 for helpn me figure everything out even tho it's taken me a few times on certain things to get shit thanx every1 for staying patient with me I really appreciate it.

Blazin,

wish I saw your Q sooner. Re: Leaf Wash-->

I've done it--works just fine. Inside, outside, yep. Drench, foliar, whatever. Just my experience. :ganjamon:

Cheers gang!

EDIT: To Clarify, I've used the same strength (1/4 oz / Q) and lightly drenched my plants--and garden plants--with no issues. Again, just my experience.

:passitleft:

Well good to know man thanx alot. Maybe u can help me with this problem I have? I got this off my amnesia lemon when I checked the triches on a bigger fan leaf 1day after there first cats. But I dont know what pest this is if u could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Also I'm wondering will leaf wash actually kill pests off or just help to keep them away b4 pests actually show up?

Leaf wash has neem oil in it so you wouldn’t want to use that in flower. But to answer the question...it will kill.

Ok so what would one use to kill pests during the flower stage? I thought they were all gone but I forgot to clean the tent th girls r in now. Because I'm doing a perpetual grow it's hard to time things like the whole tent being cleaned so I gotta take some girls out while I clean it all down.

These are russet mites. Not very difficult to get rid of if you don’t have heavy infestation... but if you do that’s a nightmare. They’re not very mobile, but you need to keep all the other plants away.

First check how much they’ve spread. Take the leaves from 3 different parts of the plant and count them. If they’re plenty everywhere then you have a problem, cause they’re species specific and they feed on trichomes.

In bloom you’re down to very few tools of the trade and the best is pyrethrin in my opinion. That combined with hot shower treatment is the best organic way IMO.

Otherwise you should cut her down straight away and care for other plants. But if the other ones caught them, then you’re in for a tough fight!

150ppm is a bit high, but you're good. The best water is around 80, and you'll run into trouble with pH drift in the 3rd run, if your ppms are much over 200.

Tea isn't necessary with the newest amendment formula, but it doesn't hurt anything either. Sometimes I add it, don't know why - I just do. :)

:thumb:

[Edit] But you have to get rid of any chlorine! There are cheap inline cartridges that can remove the chlorine for you.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom