Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Yea I tried to get them done an hour b4 lights come on atleast for the leafwash. As for the foilers I havnt needed to do any yet they still to young. But yea once I do start the foilers I'll time those differently since they arent the same as the leaf wash. I figure I'll try to time the days I do the leaf wash so tht I do it on days I dont do foilers what does every1 think? Thanx every1 for all the help and info I really appreciate it.

Ive never had to use 'leaf wash', but when i mist the foliars i simply wait til the lights have been on for about an hour,..the stomata are open then,..i spray , over , done. I don't have to turn the lights on , or off , just wait an hour before spraying. Cheers.
I think, for IPM, you don't really need the stomata open, since we're not foliar feeding? :hmmmm:

I'm guessing it's more important not to spray the lights or light-burn the plants after spraying.

I think, for IPM, you don't really need the stomata open, since we're not foliar feeding? :hmmmm:

I'm guessing it's more important not to spray the lights or light-burn the plants after spraying.

Yea I jus take mine out an put in front of the tent then do the leafwash so it dont hit the light.

Yes, for the leaf wash it's all about the physical force the spray is delivered. That's wat knocks the critters off the plants ...where as foliar feeding is just a light mist so.....Cheers.
I don't have a place to blast them. Why don't leaf wash just kill the mites and larva ? In order to blast , I'd need to be outside !!

...in the shower!??...cheerz...h00k... :hookah:...
And that would mean not letting wife know, because she would say, You're not going to put them nasty things in my bath. Ha !! I imagine the aroma thru out the entire apt. would be wonderful. Ha !! I haven't had mites now for like 2-3 yrs., and hoping that going back to organic soil is not going to bring them. :passitleft:

Well got my running around done this weekend. Operation Birthday weekend was a success.
Today I picked up my worm castings. What a cluster, nobody knew what castings were, or where they were. Guess they saw worms and thought birds because it was shelved in with the different big bags of bird seed??

After dinner tonight I rolled up my sleeves and got to mixing.
Supplies all laid out.
20190526_185157.jpg

Ready to mix

All stored away. These 102L totes were the perfect size. Each one was full to about an inch from the top. I brought home a small pallet from work to keep the totes up off the cement.
20190526_191940.jpg

Now to let them cook away for the next 60+ days until my tent has vacancys.

The pressure will blast them off and kill them but the wash itself will kill them as well. It has neem oil in it.

Yep. Neem, Karanja, Orange and Fish oils make up the Leaf Wash.

There is some killing with exposure. IN addition, the eggs don't cling too well to the leaf with exposure. But when you blast them, you not only expose them to the oils, but you physically remove the mites and their cursed eggs.

It's quite effective and 100% non-toxic. Safe for all. It also doesn't create super-mites....unless only the ones who can hang on in an oil hurricane produce more and better clingers.....but that's not something I've noticed.

There's no need to move the plants outside of the grow space to spray. Just use an umbrella, a piece of cardboard, a plastic panel....whatever....just keep the spray off the lights.

unless only the ones who can hang on in an oil hurricane produce more and better clingers.....but that's not something I've noticed.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Darwin would suggest this would be the inevitable outcome but could take thousands of years to evolve. It's good to know it is something you're monitoring, though! :nerd-with-glasses:

Oh - Leafwash smells, that’s for sure! :laughtwo:
Dam ween those look beautiful what is the strain if u dnt mind me asking?

Does that run pretty expensive or no for humidifiers? Cause I got one now that I payed 89 bucks for and it raises the rh in my 5x5 tent but that's about it I tried it for the whole room like it said but then my hygrometer didn't even raise at all. So I'm jus trying figure out a way to do the whole room without having to buy numerous 100 dollar units an do a hit an miss till I get the right one lol.

So do u mean to do the harvest the day u use the growth drench or jus use the growth drench as the last feeding and then harvest when ready/dried out or whatever u choose?

Well I actually jus did some hibrix sweet bell peppers and I wanted to see if I could do them in 1.5 gallon pots but I only 3 to 5 peppers per plant. So I uppoted them to 3 gallons now and I'm starting to see little green baby peppers popping up. Acouple on each plant so I put them outside in my greenhouse tent I got with my other 420 girls. So I'm guessing I would have gotten quicker results if I would have used like a 5 or 10 gal. Pot instead of 1.5 :rofl:.oh and I didnt use any foilers but destress when I transplanted them but other then that nada. An man they tasted so good and they got to full size as well. Anyway hope this helps out alil even tho it was for peppers an not tomatoes.
That helps a lot Blazein. I'm doing one jalapeno, and now one bell pepper ! Ha ! My grape tomato is already slinging bud sites, gave them tea today !!
Have been wondering if the drenches are the same for vegs.? i'm thinking the growth & transplant drenches, with tea. Don't know that the cat drench is necessary ? Does anyone ??

That helps a lot Blazein. I'm doing one jalapeno, and now one bell pepper ! Ha ! My grape tomato is already slinging bud sites, gave them tea today !!
Have been wondering if the drenches are the same for vegs.? i'm thinking the growth & transplant drenches, with tea. Don't know that the cat drench is necessary ? Does anyone ??

Well I'm not sure but I've jus been using trans and growth an plain ro water for my tomatoes and they are turning out to be the best I've ever had. Now its seeming I got a few more peppers to pop up once I put them into 3 gallon pots. So I can only assume if u did even bigger u get more as a result. So I would go with a decent sized pot.

Oh I almost forgot already got one new baby popped up earlier 2nite. It's a Sweet Tooth #1 and that was jus a day in the ground. She is already working on making regular looking leaves well single fingered obviously but she is seeming to be a grower this one I got my eye on her I bet she does good.

I posted these in my journal yesterday but figured I would post them here too. I potted a clone in some third run soil the other day and watered in with transplant. A day or two later an the top of the pot looked like this:

This is what my pots normally look like:

Is it supposed to happen in kit soil?

Back
Top Bottom