Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Dredd, welcome to 420 Mag. Doc's kit is available on zon. If u have 50 posts you could just PM Doc and find a course of action for your buddies. Cheers . Oh , BTW, im in Canada, and i've been getting Doc's gear , no problem for over 6 yrs, so .No worriez.
Thanks, but I'm not new. Been using the kit personally and researching nutrient dense/high brix agronomy for a few years now. I'm not Canadian but many growers on my sub are , and nice to give them a chance at higher brix numbers to see the quality difference.

wow. That plant has no THC? I'm amazed. Must be mostly hemp?

Even so, what a gorgeous plant.
Hi Doc I just wanted to let you know I have started a Journal it is in my sig, I will be doing the High Brix I bought the kit. I would Love to have you stop by and give advice along the way I am sure I will need it.

I don't see it in your sig as of this posting, but feel free to send a link.

Your success is my concern!!
It will be under this post. Under PCaddicts First Grow Journal Thanks Doc

Hi all!
I'm the one referred by Dredd09! Happy to be here and looking forward to knowing more about high-brix growing. I already sent a bunch of questions to Doc Bud by email but I think he would appreciate me posting here as well... so here it is! I apologize in advance for all my questions - this is all new to me!
  1. How many plants can I feed with The Kit? Let's say I'm planning on using 7gal pots. 42 / 7?
  2. Tap water here is 65ppm. Will I get enough calmag with The Kit + ProMix HP?
  3. I looked around and can't find any worm casting with 0 potassium. All I can find is either 0.5-0.5-0.5 or 1.2-0.5-0.4. Will The Kit work with either of those?
  4. Any experience in doing autoflowers with The Kit?
  5. Any experience in doing autoflowers on a 24/0 light schedule with The Kit?
  6. In The Kit web page, it is written that a 8cu ft bale if soil is needed. Did you mean 3.8cu ft?
  7. I'm planning to cook the soil indoor in a big box. How long can I store the unused soil?
  8. What's the shelf life of The Kit?
  9. What carrier will you be using to ship to Canada?
I think that's all. Thanks a lot for taking your time with me!!

1. Any experience in doing autoflowers with The Kit?
  2. Any experience in doing autoflowers on a 24/0 light schedule with The Kit?
Hi Flump! Great name :laughtwo: Welcome to 420 Mag:welcome: and to the Brix crew, too.

I’ll leave most questions for Doc and the long-term brixers, but those 2 i will answer. There’s a few of us experimenting with growing autos with the kit and with good success. It’s pretty much the same as any method with autos, we just have to make the appropriate adjustments to the schedule to follow the accelerated way autos grow and the way that half their veg’ing is usually happening during the first half of flower. That can vary a bit from auto to auto so it’s just something one has to ‘dance’ with.

My advice, as a fairly recent user of the kit (on my 3rd grow with it now), would be to do at least one full run of only photoperiods to get a feel for how the kit products come together in a grow, and then yer off to the races (with a bunch of the best weed you’ve ever had)!

Oh and yep - first question - the basic kits is designed for 6 plants in 7 gallon pots :yummy:

1. Tap water here is 65ppm. Will I get enough calmag with The Kit + ProMix HP?
  2. In The Kit web page, it is written that a 8cu ft bale if soil is needed. Did you mean 3.8cu ft?
  3. I'm planning to cook the soil indoor in a big box. How long can I store the unused soil?
  4. What's the shelf life of The Kit?
I'll take a couple here. And it's renumbered them...

1. I've been using RO water for a couple of years now and haven't had any issues with lack of Cal/mag due to there not being any in the water. The kit is designed to have everything you need for the plant. More likely is it getting out of balance from using tap water with to much stuff in it. I'm pretty sure 65ppm is plenty good for using with the kit.

2. Yes, 3.8 compressed cubic foot bale of pro-mix. That's probably a typo.

3. As long as you keep it in a stable temperature environment it should be fine for at least several years. I ran into a problem with the biota going dormant on year and a half soil once, but that was due to the temperatures getting into the 50s. (Also, it only took a good transdrench watering to the soil to bring it back to life, so it wasn't ruined.)

4. I've personally had bottles of product that have lasted two years plus without any issues at all.

Hey Brixers, just wanted to leave an update on my dbhbb ladys these pics are already 3days old but are the most recent ones I have.

Dark Devil auto at 57 days old 2 weeks in flower.
Buds are starting to stack up nicely. Overall a very happy healthy plant.
20190920_063551.jpg
20190920_063601.jpg
20190920_063615.jpg

M.O.B auto day 30
Really taking off now, nodes have started alternating and pistils everywhere.
Probably not going to be a huge plant but better than I was expecting based on the slow start.
20190920_063628.jpg
20190920_063625.jpg

Quick question for doc or the group,
Since I'm growing autoflowers and not up potting, at what point in my plants life shoukd zi be recharging the soil? I did my dda last night (day 60) and will be watering her with GI drench tonight.
M.o.b will be getting GI drench tonight as well she is currently on day 33
Thanks
Have a knife day

Hey Knife. I hear so many growers wanting direction or ideas on how to handle 'Autos' with the kit!
Now hear this , ALL AUTO GROWERS! Please , all u have to do with them is to treat them EXACTLY as photo plants..NO DIFFERENT. Keep in mind , all we wanna do with the drenches is to alternate them throughout the grow playing them against each other , the whole way thru. The bigger /larger/longer in the soil, the plant , the more product you use. For example, a 10 inch plant in a ten gallon pot might get a 10ml/gal Drench while a much bigger plant might receive a 15ml/gal Drench as i do after they get motoring in the 26ers i have. So when i first transplant into those big ones, there is absolutely NO reason to give a high strength Drench like a 15ml/gal feeding , understand? The volume of fresh soil will be more than enough for several days with a freshly transplanted plant in a larger pot.

Auto growers, just treat your plant like it's a 'photo'..try and ignore the fact that u are growing an 'Auto'. This is my best advise for those , in our soil. If i ever grew them, i would definitely treat them the very same..READ the leaves , read the plant , be aware of size , amount of soil/size of pot. Doc's gear is very forgiving. Don't stop asking questions, however simple they may seem. Hope this has helped ,..even one 'Auto' grower. Cheers gang!:circle-of-love:

If there any Auto growers still questioning things..please PM me for more direction...cheers.

Hey Brixers, just wanted to leave an update on my dbhbb ladys these pics are already 3days old but are the most recent ones I have.

Dark Devil auto at 57 days old 2 weeks in flower.
Buds are starting to stack up nicely. Overall a very happy healthy plant.
20190920_063551.jpg
20190920_063601.jpg
20190920_063615.jpg

M.O.B auto day 30
Really taking off now, nodes have started alternating and pistils everywhere.
Probably not going to be a huge plant but better than I was expecting based on the slow start.
20190920_063628.jpg
20190920_063625.jpg

Quick question for doc or the group,
Since I'm growing autoflowers and not up potting, at what point in my plants life shoukd zi be recharging the soil? I did my dda last night (day 60) and will be watering her with GI drench tonight.
M.o.b will be getting GI drench tonight as well she is currently on day 33
Thanks
Have a knife day
I normally recharge right before the cat drenches, which you normally want to do around 3 weeks into flower.

I normally recharge right before the cat drenches, which you normally want to do around 3 weeks into flower.
Ok so since I just did my recharge last night and according to the chart I have a GI drench to do tonight, I was looking at doing my first cat drench next week.

Ok yes I have been drenching as oer the schedual but when do I recharge

Ok so since I just did my recharge last night and according to the chart I have a GI drench to do tonight, I was looking at doing my first cat drench next week.
Yes, I would. That will put your DDA at 3 weeks after pistols start, which is right where I aim to do my cats.

Yes, I would. That will put your DDA at 3 weeks after pistols start, which is right where I aim to do my cats.
The pistils started at day 23 but I wouldn't call that the start of flowering yet as her nodes were still growing in symmetrical not alternating. I'm counting my days in flower from when the stretching stopped...

Back
Top Bottom