Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

The pistils started at day 23 but I wouldn't call that the start of flowering yet as her nodes were still growing in symmetrical not alternating. I'm counting my days in flower from when the stretching stopped...
Now Im confused I thought you start counting when the plant starts showing pistols. Is that wrong ? I am new so I don't know.

Hey Knife. I hear so many growers wanting direction or ideas on how to handle 'Autos' with the kit!
Now hear this , ALL AUTO GROWERS! Please , all u have to do with them is to treat them EXACTLY as photo plants..NO DIFFERENT. Keep in mind , all we wanna do with the drenches is to alternate them throughout the grow playing them against each other , the whole way thru. The bigger /larger/longer in the soil, the plant , the more product you use. For example, a 10 inch plant in a ten gallon pot might get a 10ml/gal Drench while a much bigger plant might receive a 15ml/gal Drench as i do after they get motoring in the 26ers i have. So when i first transplant into those big ones, there is absolutely NO reason to give a high strength Drench like a 15ml/gal feeding , understand? The volume of fresh soil will be more than enough for several days with a freshly transplanted plant in a larger pot.

Auto growers, just treat your plant like it's a 'photo'..try and ignore the fact that u are growing an 'Auto'. This is my best advise for those , in our soil. If i ever grew them, i would definitely treat them the very same..READ the leaves , read the plant , be aware of size , amount of soil/size of pot. Doc's gear is very forgiving. Don't stop asking questions, however simple they may seem. Hope this has helped ,..even one 'Auto' grower. Cheers gang!:circle-of-love:

If there any Auto growers still questioning things..please PM me for more direction...cheers.

Hey Knife. I hear so many growers wanting direction or ideas on how to handle 'Autos' with the kit!
Now hear this , ALL AUTO GROWERS! Please , all u have to do with them is to treat them EXACTLY as photo plants..NO DIFFERENT. Keep in mind , all we wanna do with the drenches is to alternate them throughout the grow playing them against each other , the whole way thru. The bigger /larger/longer in the soil, the plant , the more product you use. For example, a 10 inch plant in a ten gallon pot might get a 10ml/gal Drench while a much bigger plant might receive a 15ml/gal Drench as i do after they get motoring in the 26ers i have. So when i first transplant into those big ones, there is absolutely NO reason to give a high strength Drench like a 15ml/gal feeding , understand? The volume of fresh soil will be more than enough for several days with a freshly transplanted plant in a larger pot.

Auto growers, just treat your plant like it's a 'photo'..try and ignore the fact that u are growing an 'Auto'. This is my best advise for those , in our soil. If i ever grew them, i would definitely treat them the very same..READ the leaves , read the plant , be aware of size , amount of soil/size of pot. Doc's gear is very forgiving. Don't stop asking questions, however simple they may seem. Hope this has helped ,..even one 'Auto' grower. Cheers gang!:circle-of-love:

If there any Auto growers still questioning things..please PM me for more direction...cheers.

Ok, I have been following the directions for the drenches. Ive been feeding 10ml per1.5 gallons of water every 3-4 days depending on when the pot is light enough to water again. My question was about when I should recharge. On the pkg of recharge it says to apply it a certian amount of time after up potting (cant remember of the top of my head how long) but i noticed that on the instruction card it says recharge the first week of flower. Since Autoflowers are not supposed to get up potted I'll go with the first week of flower.

No offence meant Duggan, but I was low key chewed out by doc for taking advice on the kit from outside the group, yet you have no experience with autos at all in or out of the kit, and are giving advice to grow them just like photoperiod plants.... I'd rather hear from folks with hands on experience with autos in the kit.....

Ok, I have been following the directions for the drenches. Ive been feeding 10ml per1.5 gallons of water every 3-4 days depending on when the pot is light enough to water again. My question was about when I should recharge. On the pkg of recharge it says to apply it a certian amount of time after up potting (cant remember of the top of my head how long) but i noticed that on the instruction card it says recharge the first week of flower. Since Autoflowers are not supposed to get up potted I'll go with the first week of flower.

No offence meant Duggan, but I was low key chewed out by doc for taking advice on the kit from outside the group, yet you have no experience with autos at all in or out of the kit, and are giving advice to grow them just like photoperiod plants.... I'd rather hear from folks with hands on experience with autos in the kit.....

Hey Knife,

Go ahead and recharge 3 weeks after you have alternating nodes. That's close enough. There's room to play with.

The purpose of the recharge is to supplement the plant that is growing in the soil....AND to set up the next plant that will grow in the recycled soil.

Just treat it like a photo....you're in bloom now. Recharge 3 weeks after alternating nodes.

Knife,..that's cool man, no offense taken. I totally get where your comin from, BUT, wheather its an 'Auto,or Photo, matters NOT! Its still a plant, all the same, u have to treat it the same. EVERYTHING is the SAME. Your 'Auto' u have, wat if someone laid that on me...right now..wat would i do , not knowing it was an 'Auto'. I would , of course , treat it like any of the last several hundred ive grown, since 1987. There are reasons why i choose not to grow 'Autos' , my two main reasons are, grower has little control, and the main gene pool (the good one) has been contaminated with 'Ruderallis'. Autos will NEVER be as complete, vigorous or genuine as a 'Landrace' plant. That's just my op.

Like I mentioned just before... a few of us are doing some autos in the kit and it is

pretty much the same ... we just have to make the appropriate adjustments to the schedule to follow the accelerated way autos grow and the way that half their veg’ing is happening during the first half of flower. That can vary a bit from auto to auto so it’s just something one has to ‘dance’ with.

So it’s just timing mostly, and that can take a bit of a dance to work out as it is different with every auto -but yeah things like what Doc said above about when to recharge, etc. That’s the kind of thing i mean - thanks Doc :)

Stoney gave me some good advice specific to growing the DDA - I’ve reposted that a few times now.

it's renumbered them...
Oh yeah .. did that on mine too. Didn’t notice at the time :nomo:

You crack me up Duggs - you’ve basically just said ... ‘oh yeah those things y’all are growing are shit, I’ve never grown ‘em and never will - but you should do it just how i say :rofl:

Why not just grow the same strain but the photo version, and regain that "control" .Cheers.

If you come across DD w/o the A (DDA), please lmk. I'm dying to grow a DDA, but like you, I refuse to grow autos.

Hi all,
Thanks a lot for the warm welcoming! Really appreciated! I'll be ordering the kit soon and looking forward to cook my first living soil!

I looked (almost) everywhere and can't seem to find any worm casting with 0 K. The ones I found are either 0.5-0.5-0.5 or 1.2-0.5-0.4. Doc said the kit would work anyway but just not as well. Does anyone knows where I could find some casting with 0 K that ships to Qc, Canada?

I'm mildly curious about autos, maybe someday.....?

Gonna post my silly experimentation idea here. Not suggesting anyone try this at home. Just something that crossed my mind. See below.

Just had an experimentation idea. What about once resin starts, instead of 1/4 trans between drenches give 1/4 cats? Meow! Probably a dumb idea....? What do you think? @Doc Bud

Hi all,
Thanks a lot for the warm welcoming! Really appreciated! I'll be ordering the kit soon and looking forward to cook my first living soil!

I looked (almost) everywhere and can't seem to find any worm casting with 0 K. The ones I found are either 0.5-0.5-0.5 or 1.2-0.5-0.4. Doc said the kit would work anyway but just not as well. Does anyone knows where I could find some casting with 0 K that ships to Qc, Canada?

Welcome Flump! Duggan or h00k should be able to help with ideas where to source EWC up there. If you start a journal, drop a link here so we can follow along and help as needed.

:passitleft:

Hi all,

I am near you....can you get to Montreal? Wiggle Worm $30.....no tax.

I am getting ready to mix soil and I have a 2.8 cu ft bag of Promix HP and I have a 3.8 cu ft. bag of Promix BX I know the recipe calls for Promix HP but is a 2.8 cu. ft. bag enough ? If not I will use the BX. :surf:

Use the Big Bag PC!
I wasn't sure I know they said I could use BX and I figured the 2.8 cu. ft. would not be enough volume for the mix, First Run Amendments Thank You

Back
Top Bottom