Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

The molasses was to neutralize any chloromines in tap water if you had to use that. Rainwater would be perfectly good stuff. :thumb:

But actually, for washing, tap water with its chlorides and chloromines etc, is just as good - no biological contaminants, for instance.

I agree with Graytail here. Tap water would be my preferred choice for washing. Rainwater would need filtered, or at least my collection point would require that. Keep it simple and use tap.

Major, IMO, i would wait another week for both! Not far along enough yet. Let them get some body...then give it too em! Cheers eh!

Yeah, what he said ^.

At least another week. :blunt:

The molasses was to neutralize any chloromines in tap water if you had to use that. Rainwater would be perfectly good stuff. :thumb:

But actually, for washing, tap water with its chlorides and chloromines etc, is just as good - no biological contaminants, for instance.

Think I've been wasting some RO. Thank you both.

I agree with Duggan. Remember some breeders play marketing games with finish times since there are a lot of people that look for the fastest finishing strain they can find. Kinda reminds me of the wattage ratings on cheap amplifiers :/
Yeah, what he said ^.
At least another week. :blunt:

I really appreciate the feedback guys. Thanks for keeping me on track!
I'll hold off and show you another update next weekend to see what y'all think.
:love:

I really appreciate the feedback guys. Thanks for keeping me on track!
I'll hold off and show you another update next weekend to see what y'all think.
:love:

Great choice Major...youv'e been soooo patient and proper up to this point and i, for one, really want to see these big outdoor beauties treat you the way they can....and will! They'le still be there next week and the bud sites will all be very well established and very ready to receive the CD. They're gonna blow you away my brotha....now we just gotta hope for mother nature to treat you good for another 10 weeks or so! Have an awesome Sunday Major.....time for a puff....cheers eh!

Great choice Major...youv'e been soooo patient and proper up to this point and i, for one, really want to see these big outdoor beauties treat you the way they can....and will! They'le still be there next week and the bud sites will all be very well established and very ready to receive the CD. They're gonna blow you away my brotha....now we just gotta hope for mother nature to treat you good for another 10 weeks or so! Have an awesome Sunday Major.....time for a puff....cheers eh!

:thanks:
The one thing I hope you are wrong about is the "10 weeks or so". In 10 weeks (early November) we could be getting hard freezes. :thedoubletake:
I picked these partly for their short cycles. They are entering their third week and I'm hoping for no more than another 7. Even that could be pushing it.

Oh ya...that's right ,they are fairly fast finishers you say. That's good! That cold ,so soon ....your at elevation? Here in Southern Ontario
we're usually ok till late Nov .for a "freeze". As long as you can protect them a little from frost and any snow accumulation ,they should "take it", i would think. One yr. out back i remember trying to get some Super Silver Haze to finish and woke up one morning ....looked out back.....big freekin snowballs where the buds used to be.:wood:
Sad part was...they were still a good three to four weeks out! Wound up being Shwagg. Learned a good lesson that yr.
Hey Major....here's a thought for ya.....just a thought....What if they were lookin awesome and were just rollin right along and a heavy deep freeze was comin??...and ya new they would die....you could save them! I know....i know....just a second. Short story....know a guy who used to move his plants around his rural propery with a fridge cart modified for soft ground. The plants were in big honkin pots and he had a very good run for a few yrs. doin things like that before a run of bad luck crept up on him.
Anyhow ,here's my idea ...Finish them indoors? Got enough head room for all three....enough lites to do it?Ya ....dumb idea...:lot-o-toke: (Desfran) Sure Duggs....3 grand worth of lites...12 foot ceilings...makes no freekin sense at all. I said it was just a thought ....didn't I . Cheers pal.:high-five:

:thanks:
The one thing I hope you are wrong about is the "10 weeks or so". In 10 weeks (early November) we could be getting hard freezes. :thedoubletake:
I picked these partly for their short cycles. They are entering their third week and I'm hoping for no more than another 7. Even that could be pushing it.

I wouldn't worry about it. The plants have a way of figuring that stuff out. In 2 months you'll be getting ready to smoke/vape/extract the froots of your labor. :cool:

Finish them indoors?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Couldn't help myself. Thanks for looking for solutions!
They should be OK unless we have some really wild weather. I'm still thinking early October = 6 more weeks. That should still give me an extra week or two, if needed.

I wouldn't worry about it. The plants have a way of figuring that stuff out. In 2 months you'll be getting ready to smoke/vape/extract the froots of your labor. :cool:
:thumb:

Hi all. I have been lurking on here for quite some time and have read all of this and the in the lab thread along with some others. I already have a couple of kits going but they dont seem to be doing what I want them to. I havent had any shine on my leaves and still have some purple on stems and such. Everything is still doing ok but id like for it to be better. I think part of it may be how I mixed the soil, though I followed directions and mixed as best as I could. I say this due to things being kind of flat and due to the fact that what I have sitting in a bin isnt digesting leaves. Its been cooking for 3 months or so and where its at has had temps ranging from 64*to 80*s. I never got condensation on my lids but I did get it up the sides of the totes and the soil has stayed damp. I put leaves in it 5 days ago along with a hand full of roots and the leaves are still in tact and I havent gotten any fuzz to grow on em. Is there anything I can do to get the soil active? I mixed the amendment with 30#s of wiggle worm and a bale of promix HP using a tarp to fold it into itself repeatedly for 20 mins to a half hour then put it in the bins and watered then covered and let sit. I havent really felt any noticeable heat coming off of the soil during this but as I said I had condensation on the sides of the tote above the soil and figured I was ok. Can anyone comment on how I mixed it and maybe walk me through a better way to do it or point out what I may have done wrong? Thanks.

How much water did you add to your cooking soil Yeti?
It doesn't matter how you mix it, as long as it gets mixed well. With the time you've given it, it should work fine.
IDK if all plants will shine. Some of mine did a lot more than others.

The first time i mixed up my kit and let it sit 30 days i got no condensation or heat. My plants looked good during the first run but not shiny and perfect. They budded huge and where the tastiest highest quality medicine I'd ever encountered.
The second run the soil started to get very active with the fuzz and all. Top quality from round two also. Round three seems like its going to top them all..:bong:

The first time i mixed up my kit and let it sit 30 days i got no condensation or heat. My plants looked good during the first run but not shiny and perfect. They budded huge and where the tastiest highest quality medicine I'd ever encountered.
The second run the soil started to get very active with the fuzz and all. Top quality from round two also. Round three seems like its going to top them all..:bong:

What did you do with your soil between round one and round two? Between round two and round three?

I started mixing in more leaves and all the root balls from each subsequent grow. I really soaked the soil with water. I also mixed in about a cup of Roots! I used the loose soil for my gallon pots for germination while the soil, leaves, roots, and Roots! were soaking in a couple 30 gal totes. within a week the action really begins, all the leaves are gone and it is active soil ready for a plant.

When re amending the soil with amendment i understand it takes 30 days to cook.

That's encouraging to hear. So maybe I've ok with the mixing. Things don't look terrible they just don't look as good as what I have seen others accomplish.

I started mixing in more leaves and all the root balls from each subsequent grow. I really soaked the soil with water. I also mixed in about a cup of Roots! I used the loose soil for my gallon pots for germination while the soil, leaves, roots, and Roots! were soaking in a couple 30 gal totes. within a week the action really begins, all the leaves are gone and it is active soil ready for a plant.

When re amending the soil with amendment i understand it takes 30 days to cook.

You mentioned you were in the third run. Isn't the amendment to be used before that third run?

That's encouraging to hear. So maybe I've ok with the mixing. Things don't look terrible they just don't look as good as what I have seen others accomplish.

Doc himself has mentioned more than once that the third run is his preferred run. The soil just seems to be well tuned by that point. Others have shared the same sentiments.

Back
Top Bottom